“Luxury and style”

Ranked #2 of 95 Hotels in Thalang District
london
“Luxury and style”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Mr lark and his team provide great service in amazing setting...staff great with our then one year old, entertaining her at meal times totally unprompted to allow my wife and I five mins rest.....excellent food,maybe some people would want a second restaurant but the quality just great. BBQ in your suite not to be missed....little touches like different flowers every day set this place apart...never been to amanpuri and after this can't believe it's better than this.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mronion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 10, 2012

As a well travelled couple who have stayed in many fine resorts around the world, we found little to complain about during our recent 4 night stay in Trisara. We were met at the airport by the Volvo wagon stocked with cold water and refresher towels. Upon arrival at the resort we were personally greeted by the Manager and then shown to a stunning Ocean Pool villa. we arrived after dark and the water in the pool was so clear, I thought the pool was empty! Everything happens seamlessly with the outstandingly friendly and courteous Thai staff, who immediately remember your name and villa number. Yes, the language may cause mistakes with ordering meals, but this can happen anywhere and should not be seen as a negative vs staying at the resort. Some people are too presumptous about other people's English language skills. I think if you actually show the waiter the item on the menu, this problem can be largely avoided. The food was generally of a very high standard. We didn't notice the mosquitos at all at Trisara as compared to the 4 nights we then spent at Banyan Tree where they really are a problem. If I want to be critical, I think the wood decking and furniture around the pool in our villa was tired and in need of varnishing. Also, sometimes the wait time for food to be delivered to our table in the bar/restaurant at lunch seemed longer than it should have been. Overall however, Trisara is highly recommended and if you don't relax and enjoy yourself there, I doubt you could be happy anywhere!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Robert D
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Excellent experience in my Honey Moon!!!
We want to come back!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pedropenna
New York
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I have never wanted to post a review more than I do for the incomparable Trisara! My husband and I just enjoyed one of the most memorable weeks of our life at this spectacular resort. We are a well traveled couple, fortunate enough to have enjoyed 7 star service at amazing properties throughout the world, but nothing prepared us for the extraordinary experience we had at Trisara. This resort is so outstanding, I truly do not know where to begin! The general manager and resort manager greeted us upon arrival at reception. You knew immediately you were in the best hands possible. They are a dazzling, seamless duo whose only priority is your complete happiness during your stay! They work around the clock to ensure every and any desire is met. We stayed in one of the Ocean View Pool Villas and found it hard to leave, if only for a short while. It was exquisite and designed for comfort, down to the smallest of details. When you do venture out from the beauty and comfort of the villa, there is so much waiting for you within the resort as well. The property is laid out in a way that ensures a great walking path for some outdoor exercise while enjoying amazing views! The main pool area is magnificent and conveniently situated a few steps from the beautiful beach. The restaurant guarantees you views of some of the most magnificent sunsets you will ever encounter. We are an extremely finicky couple when it comes to food and I am happy to report, there wasn't a single item at breakfast, lunch or dinner that we didn't enjoy! (Phat Thai, outstanding!) The food was delicious throughout. It was for this reason alone, we did not venture out to any outside restaurants during our stay! We couldn't imagine anything exceeding the freshness and quality presented at Trisara! Our meals and the setting in which the restaurant is situated, totally sublime. The spa was top notch and we enjoyed the services there immensely. My husband is an avid exercise buff and raved about the fitness center as well! The entire property and all it has to offer, wows you at every turn. I must also comment on the staff. They were, collectively, the finest group of service people we have ever encountered. Risa (Senior assistant manager), continuously ensured that every whim and desire was met at all times and always with a welcoming smile, no matter how busy, when you approached her desk! She constantly bent over backwards to secure any request or inquiry we had! As did all the staff at the front desk/reception. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the exceptional drivers we met when hiring one of the Trisara cars to take us around the island! We met Dam during a Phuket Town tour and enjoyed his company, conversation and kindness even more than the sights! He was the highlight for sure. Then we had the great fortune of being driven to Khao Lak by Baron, a charming, adorable, friendly, young man! He was so delightful, we decided to turn our half day outing into a full one! We had the same experience at the restaurant! Found ourselves anxious to get to breakfast in the morning, just to see the smiling faces of Pik, Tor and Ann! Their service during our many meals, always impeccable! Aside from all the stunning surroundings, amazing food and accommodations that Trisara offers, it can also tout itself as having the most professional and friendly staff infusion I've ever encountered anywhere in the world! As you can see, I chose the title of this post ("Beyond Perfection") because I could not find truer words! In Sanskrit, Trisara means "Third Garden in Heaven." After being ensconced in this idyllic paradise, I find myself referring to it as the "First Garden in Heaven!" Bravo to Trisara for not only raising the bar, but for removing the bar! We are still in the middle of our Asian travels (right now, enjoying Hong Kong) but we felt an urgency to share our experience at Trisara because a stay at this resort, is the closest thing to heaven you can find. We pride ourselves on never doing "repeat" travel as our theory is, there is so much to see in this world, why return twice to one place? The moment we entered Trisara, we knew our theory no longer applied! We will be booking our return visit shortly! Trust me, if you are indecisive about where to stay in Phuket, you will not be sorry when choosing Trisara. I saw a previous post, regarding mosquitos. Please don't let this be a deterrent. The supreme excellence of this resort, negates any inconvenience of a mosquito bite. We did our due diligence and have had property tours of Banyan Tree, Amanpuri, etc.! Our final conclusion? RUN, do not walk, to Trisara!! Nothing will compare

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 80Countries
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed January 23, 2012

i so want to say excellent......but
I stayed in the 1 bed pool suite.The room is excellent,spacious,elegant,well designed.Fantastic bathroom,spacious changing area,wonderful private pool....i could go on...
The Ocean suites are not on a par and the 2 bed pool villa is uninspiring ..so this is the room.
Service was charming but my big issue was the long wait for the buggy to take me to reception...i called 4 times and had to wait 30 minutes.This is unacceptable in an estate based hotel where you need transport to move around.Also you feel very isolated from the beach ,distant pretty sea views.Breakfast is average as was dinner, the food should be better in a hotel of this standard.
Would i recommend the hotel.Sure,especially if you can use the Amex Fine Hotel and resort rate and get upgraded from the Ocean suite to the 1 bed pool villa.If you have to rely on rack rates or not get a upgrade,then i would say that you can find much better value on the island.....

Room Tip: 1 bed pool villa is excellent.The ocean suite and the 2 bed pool villas are not ....
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank markwlugano
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Take a look at the photo's, it really does look like that when you get there, the resort and the villas are absolutely stunning. Your villa is beautifully designed and decorated and the views (especially at sunset) are jaw dropping. There are lots of pool villa resorts in Thailand but at Trisara the pools are bigger, the foliage is mature and well placed to ensure complete privacy and you basically don't want to leave the villa once you are in.

So, in summary it's a truly stunning resort, possibly the most beautiful we've stayed in but it takes more than that to make a truly memorable stay. We live in Singapore and spend a lot of time in SEA and I can truthfully say I've never been bitten so many times by mozzies. I understand the environmental considerations of fogging and yes you can lather on mozzie repellant every 2 minutes but at a high end resort like this they should be able to find a solution.

Lastly, the staff are hit and miss and range from exceptional to ok. Breakfast was not what we ordered on 2 out of 3 mornings and the guy bringing it was reluctant to change it and bring the correct items, it should not have been a debate. They also lost our dinner reservation, ok it happens. What shouldn't have then happened was having to remind 3 different people that we were waiting for a table and have none of them come back to us, nobody appeared to be in charge or able to take control. Granted they were busy but the staff acted like headless chickens. We finally got a fairly mediocre table an hour later only to see 3 tables by the beach (our original request) come free 10 minutes later, clueless.

I'm probably being a bit picky but at these room rates you expect great service and for me on this occasion Trisara didn't 100% deliver. Having said that, it is such a stunning place that I would go back and hope the staff are having a better day.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Matt196
TrisaraManager, General Manager at Trisara Phuket, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Matt196,
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay. I’m obviously thrilled to read how you feel Trisara is perhaps the most beautiful resort you have experienced anywhere and that you love our wonderful private pool villas.
The mosquitoes are always a battle in the tropics, especially after any rain and always around sunset. However, we do have a very strong attack plan that we find does work well, and it is totally chemical free, which is important as the hot fogging you may see elsewhere also kills all the little animals like butterflies. We will be more diligent with this after rain in future.
I appreciate your comments on the F&B service, which at the busiest month of the year, and when guests arrive at once can be stretched. We are working on this and we feel confident our great team will manage this better in future.
Warmest Regards,

Anthony Lark
Bristol
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Although my partner & I did not actually stay at Trisara we met up with my daughter, son-in-law & granddaughter who were checking out from a week's stay the previous week and we then moved on to a villa some half an hours drive away to spend Christmas & New Year together. We had travelled from England and they from Australia. We were so impressed with the courteous welcome from all the staff & Management at Trisara, we enjoyed our first family meeting after 16 months even more so because of the venue, wonderful hospitality and welcome. Then to top it all due to having to leave the villa at midday on our departure date and our flights being late evening we were given an extended welcome to use the facilities, leave our luggage safe, enjoy a wonderful meal on our last day and freshen up before we left Phuket. A truly fabulous place with amazing staff and hopefully we will stay there ourselves in the future.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 322 in Patong
Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas

Been to Trisara Phuket? Share your experiences!