“Privacy in busy phuket”

Andaman White Beach Resort
Ranked #33 of 97 Hotels in Thalang District
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I'm currently staying at this hotel with my boyfriend. I've been working 16 hours a day everyday without a holiday in a year and a half, so this is a much needed vacation. I was a little scared due to the mixed reviews but we loved this place! Its the perfect start to the holidays! We are here 3 days and the private beach, mini condo like rooms with massive bathrooms and private outside shakusis are just incredible!

Pros: private beach, right next to banana beach. You only notice that the hotel is full at breakfast! The rest of the day it seems completely empty. It's very quiet. Food and massage prices are expensive but cheap compared to other hotels in china or europe.

Cons:
Well, the hotel is quite far from everything and the taxis are just crazy expensive (30euros to the nearest mall). The staff is friendly but be careful with the beach staff as they will try to "reserve" the beach beds for tips, and charge 1500baht which is almost 40 euros for an hour longboat trip to a mini rock 5 minutes away. That would be the beach staff's "friend".

All in all a great experience but if you want to see other places, rent a car or be prepared to pay a lot of money!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Carla G

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Andaman for three nights to celebrate his birthday. We arrived around noon time and our room was ready for us. We walked up the stairs to our room and there was a birthday cake prepared for my hubby and he was so happy that the hotel recognized his birthday. We stayed in room 200 and was closer to the main pool and the center of the hotel. I think it was a good location because we were close to everything and less stairs to take. One downside for our room was the hot water pressure was too low so we weren't able to enjoy our shower every day. The bed was a bit smaller and shorter than usual and I found some yellow stains on the bed sheets. Overall, I think the room needs a bit of renovations. The hotel has a beautiful long private beach. The sand was soft and white. The beach was clean and quite. The water wasn't as calm but it was manageable to swim. My husband did some snorkeling in the area but there wan't too many things to see. Food in hotel was pretty good and the prices were reasonable hotel price. You may want to take a day tour off to one the island for snorkeling. The resort was really small and there is nothing around he hotel. You can take a short taxi ride for THB 100 one way to the nearest town called Nai Thon beach to eat and massage. The staff there did not speak too much of English. We did have some bad experience with this lady in purple traditional thai dress at the front desk when we check out. She was kind of rude and impolite!!
In conclusion, we really enjoyed the beautiful private beach but without this, I will not choose this resort over the others in Phuket.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our second time at Andaman White Beach Hotel. We stayed there more than a year ago and was pleasantly upgraded to a suite when we arrived - this also included a bottle of complementary sparkling wine in our room. "Momo" at reception was awesome, friendly and went out of her way to assist us. The private beachfront of the hotel is postcard beautiful with its own personal shading areas to enjoy. We stayed in the beach front suite with pool, which is perfect for romantic stays with a patio, loungers, pool and hammock. The daily stocking up of the bar with beers, soft drinks and crisps were appreciated. The late afternoon free fruit offerings are very popular and we enjoyed the sunsets at the pool with cocktails. The staff is friendly and they go out of their way to assist. The gym facilities were also adequate if you need to excercise. We both enjoyed a spa treatment which was of a high standard. You can also snorkel just off the beach with a variety of fish seen. Food quality accross the restaurants are very good and selection of items quite broad. We were glad to be back - you can truly relax at Andaman and enjoy beautiful sunsets and get a break from the hustle and bustle of life. We might make it a third time...

Room Tip: The beach front villa/suites with private pool is a must
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We've enjoyed our honeymoon at Andaman White Beach Resort Hotel during September 2012.
Excellent location, room, service, food, price..
Thanks for the admin and staff, will definetly visit it once again.

Room Tip: Room # 201 with Jacuzzi and Awesome View from the Balcony
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

my wife and i we just spent 8 nights in the resorts and from the moment we arrived to the deparure, the food, the service, the room with fantastic wiew(207).the beach,everything was perfect.
Be in the hotel business we reccomend this hotel if you are looking for a place to relax and
have a break away from everyone.
definetly we will go back.

Room Tip: the majority have a sea wiew and all rooms are away from the others.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

As someone who never writes reviews I have to say that my husband and I loved this resort and really appreciated the beauty of the resort itself as well as the attention to detail (loved the beach bag provided!). Rooms were beautiful, restful and very clean. Staff were excellent, there when you needed them but not intrusive. An easy walk to shops and other restaurants if you choose. Restaurants on site were wonderful and breakfast was both substantial and complementary. The beach restaurant also had fabulous pizza if you want a break from all the yummy Thai food. :) Would go back in a heartbeat. Stayed a week and can not recommend enough! A wonderful romantic getaway!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AlanaMHK
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Out of this world!

We spent a week here in January. My husband and I with our 10 month old son.

We had a pool villa with direct access to beach. Small inside but so worth the extra money (as opposed to normal room) to have such a luxury. Wasn't ideal with baby not having own room but u need to pay a lot more money for villa with bedroom.

The private beach is second to none. It's absolutely class. We've been all over the world and never had a private beach owned by hotel. I personally am not a lover of sand and sea generally but here it seems different and I loved every day. The sea is so warm and its beautiful to have a dip before breakfast before the sun comes over the hill. There were days where the sea was scarily rough and u couldn't go in but most days was fine. I think as u can get back to your room within seconds makes the difference. My only grumble is that I thought there'd be a shower outside your room. There was one along near the towels but not outside your room.

There is a taxi place opposite the front and its 100bht (£2)in to Nai Thon which is nearest town. The food is very good and cheap. There is a place we ate in a few times called yellow restaurant or something like that. It's lovely thai food and very friendly people. When you've finished your meal the owners will arrange to take u back to your hotel too which is great.

People are so friendly here as you'd expect from thailand but there isn't a lot in nai thon so I think they appreciate your business more so. Everyone loves your baby. The ladies especially, when u have a meal they entertain your baby and even take them around the place. If your baby isn't shy they'll love the attention!

Massage at hotel is very expensive the town is a lot cheaper and with a return taxi being less than £4 u still save money.

It's not ideal for transporting baby around hotel if they can't walk as pushchairs aren't possible as so many stairs. I had baby bjorn sling which I used to take to breakfast so u can still use your hands. We then just carried pushchair and baby up to reception to get the taxi to town. During day when baby slept I pulled the pushchair down to grassed area so could see him asleep under shade of trees which meant me and hubby could still lounge on beach. You can still see him sleeping from beach.

The breakfast at the hotel is very nice. Lovely omelettes and crispy bacon. Nice pancakes, my baby enjoyed these. Fresh fruit and yogurt. I took a couple of pots with me with lids so I could take some fruit and yogurts to give to baby as snacks later in day.

We got room service a couple of times. There is no menu which is strange but they bring to u and u then choose. The pizzas are really nice tho. The prices are not the cheapest but what do u expect from 5* hotel. I did get thai green curry from hotel and it wasn't nice, usually wherever u go the green curry is nice, it wasn't here it was gloopy and very oily.

Having baby obviously u don't go out every night. There was one night we were in room and a lady from the bar came up to our room with a bottle of champagne in ice bucket which was complimentary. Very nice touch I must say! Thanks!!!

On beach there are sun loungers all under gazebo so u are shaded which is ideal. You won't want to leave! There's even a guy who comes to your sunbed when u leave it and sweeps the sand off which is cool!

The hotel manager we saw a few times, nice and friendly guy.

Overall I loved my time here and would come back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: January 2013
Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket
#10 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Andaman White Beach Resort? Share your experiences!