In general, the Hotel is located in the north of the Laguna area but the beach located in front of the hotel is not very nice. It is very shallow and during the tide it transforms itself in a big sand plain (some would say it is nice). Two small creeks end there but the water
The Hotel has a shuttle bus (no cost) to the northern part of the Laguna area beach. This beach is good and you can walk there to the hotel if the tide is low. The hotel is constructed on a Hillside, which makes healthy exercise for adults, but seniors with disabilities or small children should reconsider due to the many stairs.
The Rooms are located in units which some have up to 8 rooms. The vegetation and the limited number of rooms makes you feel quite well. The rooms were big enough and the interior in good conditions; the bath was also OK.
Still the hotel lacks of a competent management. I know they do what they can but this is simply below what you expect:
* The restaurant was simply bad, the service was not attentive, the table cloth dirty, the food was not tasty.
* The bar was out of service (no tables or chairs).
* The pool was OK but I never see any service there. The loungers were not clean, and needed repaint
* The gym was out of service, it looked as if someone was repairing but no progress or activity could be seen.
* The hotel has a shuttle to Patong or Phuket but at 400 BHT way/person it is cheaper to rent a taxi (if you find one :-)
The Hotel staff (friendly like always in Thailand) had a limited English and probably not enough training nor an active supervisor.
Try to avoid peak season price then you probably will pay for what you get
- Also Known As:
- Layan Beach Hotel Village
- Hotel Layan Beach
- Layan Beach Resort & Spa Village Phuket, Thailand