Banyan Tree Phuket
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$106
$101
Hotels.com
SALA Phuket Resort and Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
$148
$126
Hotels.com
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Twinpalms Phuket(Thalang District)(Great Value!)
$159
The Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$177
The Pavilions Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$140
$119
Marriott Hotels
COMO Point Yamu, Phuket(Pa Khlok)(Great Value!)
$221
Trisara(Choeng Thale)
$1,000
Orbitz.com
1,888 results
All reviewsdouble pool villasaffron restaurantsignature poolspa poolbuggy serviceoutdoor bathin villa diningvilla bbqspa sanctuaryour honeymoonvilla hostlaguna resortgolf buggiesfree bikestotal privacylagoon viewcanal village
Reviewed April 26, 2014

After 3 nights in Bangkok (and the madness of Songkran), it was a complete delight to stay at the Banyan Tree. Initially I was a bit sceptical - bit clinical and not authentic/can staff be this genuine? - however, we have had one of the best holidays ever. The attention to detail is impressive, as is the level of service and attentiveness (even to the General Manager and the way he interacted with guests, remembering who you were and where you came from).
The food is excellent and a complete indulgence. We experienced all of the restaurants (not a cheap holiday!) - the Saffron was good, Tamarind also if you like sushi and sashimi; Tres was a special treat for our last night. However, our favourite experience was the Sunday brunch, which combines fresh shellfish (cold or grilled), tapas, meats, choice of wok dishes and barbecued meat. All of this with a live jazz band.
The Spa experience is expensive, but well worth it.
We actually found the beach to be a good contrast to the 'neatness' of the Banyan Tree and had some good lunches at Tony's. Swimming was a bit of a problem on some days with jelly fish.
Would definitely explore the Banyan Tree hotels elsewhere and have no hesitation in returning to Phuket and this hotel.

Room Tip: We decided to fly business class and have a basic room, which we found the best option, as even these rooms are still spacious and special.
1  Thank Derek110
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Derek110,

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to hear that we turned around you foreboding and skepticism with good attentive service, superb culinary and soothing spa treatments.

I truly look forward to my interaction with our guests over a breakfast croissant or evening cocktails or our signature dishes. It is the best way to get feedback and exchange information or to borrow the phrase, get it straight from the horse’s mouth!

You seem to be a foodie, a man with similar interest! Our location affords great choices not just within the resort but, also over 25 dining options within Laguna and plenty more along the beach to suit every occasion and palate.

Dear Derek110, now that you have discovered the world of Banyan Tree and Angsana, I hope you will explore the 32 other properties that we have across the globe.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I would like to thank you and all of your staff for the warm hospitality in your beautiful resort throughout our honeymoon holiday. The atmosphere that you and your team create is a a huge and warm “home” with lots of “family members”; by this harmony, me and my wife enjoyed every moment in the facility. I appreciate your management model and congratulate you and all The Banyan Tree team on this fabulous achievement.

We left Phuket and Banyan Tree with lots of good memories and hope to come back soon.

Dear engin y,

On behalf of Banyan Tree Phuket family, I would like to thank you for your contribution after your honeymoon. Couples have been enjoying Banyan Tree Phuket’s romantic setting; newly married couples or couples returning to rekindle their passion or guests just taking refuge under the Banyan Tree to rejuvenate

The Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary is the perfect stop for couples, it is a resort within our resort tailored to honeymooners. I do hope I will see you back for your first anniversary. In order to celebrate our brand’s 20th anniversary, we have several great promotions. I wish you both a long life together and lots of happiness and good health!!

Besh wishes,

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I write this review as a long term resident of Phuket and the Vice-Charge de Missions of the Chaine des Rotisseurs, Phuket.The Banyan Tree (BT) does not, at present, do fine dining, but focuses on providing quality food and my comments are ,therefore, tailored accordingly. I have also not stayed in the hotel.

My wife and I have dined many times in the BT restaurants and at almost every similar hotel and, restaurant in the area but not found any to match the BT. The Sunday Jazz Brunch is something not at all to be missed.

The main attributes that make BT dining so special are the culture of the hotel, the outstanding service and the high quality of the food and its preparation and presentation.

The culture comes from the top over many years and is evident right from the salute by the guard at the gate to the smiles and welcome by the porters and reception staff waiting at the entrance to the hotel. Many of the staff have been with the hotel for most of their lives. The difference in culture of the hotel is palpable and gives a feeling of relaxation, comfort and luxury immediately one enters the hotel. One feels reassured of a great and value for money experience.

The service in the BT restaurants is of the highest standard – including that of fine dining restaurants. Staff are all willing to go that extra mile to ensure guests are satisfied. Even one wants something that is not presented or on the menu all one has to do is ask and, if it can be provided, it will be.

There are few expatriates in the hotel as few are needed – staff are so well trained and motivated – probably helped by the four away trips in the year to encourage team work. The hotel also has a training school. Expatriate management are, however, there in the background to ensure that everything goes well. One often sees the GM going round the tables asking guests if everything is ok. Again not something I have seen in majority of hotels I have stayed in.

The restaurant prices reflect the high quality of the food and service but I have noted that the high occupancy of the restaurants bears testimony to the fact that guests consider they are getting value for money. They know that they have a wide choice because there are many cheaper beach restaurants within walking distance/ providing free transport. Guests also have free transport to other Laguna hotels.

We have never had a bad meal in the BT restaurants or been disappointed. I have no hesitation in giving the BT restaurants my highest recommendation. I know that if I were going to stay in the Laguna area then this would be my only choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jonas57
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Jonas57,

Thank you very much for contributing to an invaluable review on the Food & Beverage of property.

The team and I truly enjoy what we do and it is a great pleasure for me to meet up with my guests during breakfast, lunch and dinner apart from meeting them on arrival and departure. There is no better way to learn and improve the resort offerings than from the “Horse’s mouth”. Although we are a resort known for our quality accommodation and exemplary service, our F&B reputation is one that does not get its due recognition, so thanks for your loyal patronage and
for such a glowing recommendation!!

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Lacks any authenticity similar to a European resort destination like la manga. The beach is disappointing you wouldn't know if you were in Spain or Thailand. A mass market hotel trying to capatolaiza on an exclusive location which is unfortunately a man made Laguna. Thailand holds so much natural beauty it's disappointing to see they had to fake this . It's probably perfect for families

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Sophie P,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your comments. While I do not know “La Manga”, I made the effort to visit their website to acquaint myself with it. It was hard to draw comparisons but, as you can read from the numerous reviews on this forum alone, it is not secret that Banyan Tree Phuket provides authentic Thai Hospitality of the highest level to families and couples from all over the world. One can choose to spend their entire time in the privacy of their luxurious private pool villas or award winning spa. It is indeed a shame we did not get a chance to meet as I would have been happy to explain that 25 years ago this tin mining site looked like a moonscape; One that was written off as a place where nothing could grow. The creators of this integrated resort have lovingly restored this site into a tropical garden that it is today.

While I appreciate that everyone has different tastes and it is a shame that our style of hospitality did not appeal to you. I can assure you and the readers that there is nothing but, authentic hospitality in natural settings. This Sanctuary for the senses has successfully created many a frequent traveler into a regulars.

With kind regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Banyan Tree has everything handled and makes your vacation time effortless. The rooms are amazing and the staff is unbelievablly dedicated. We will be going back soon! You get great value for your money.

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Michael S,

Thank you so much for a short’n’sweet review of us. We enjoy what we do and that is why it becomes effortless. We look forward to having you back so we can surprise you with more guest initiatives in line with our brand’s 20th anniversary. We can’t wait to see you back!!

Warmest regards,