Free upgrade to a pool villa on arrival was the start of a perfect holiday. We were shown to our stunning villa from which you stepped straight out into a pool set in a beautifully landscaped garden. We collected our free bikes in the morning (plenty to choose from) and started to explore. Easy cycling everywhere, to beach, elephant park, canal shopping village, other hotels, restaurants and out of Laguna into the town (you can also call the free shuttlebus if you dont want to cycle or you can hop on the free water taxi). We also took advantage of the free canoes and twice canoed across all 3 lagoons parking our boat at different hotels to look round and use their beaches (never been in a canoe before!)
Hotel - Stunning interior design, huge cathedral wooden ceilings, lilly ponds, open walls and very Thai. Beautifully landscaped gardens everywhere you look and a huge lagoon with fountains.
Beach - Absolutely incredible and very quiet, plenty of sun beds, towel service, restaurants. Miles of sand and soft warm waves. Amazing sunsets. We had lunch at the Family Bar several times - excellent food and service and our last evening meal there (as they close early at 8pm)
Breakfast - First class. Never busy whatever the time, superb presentation, friendly, efficient staff. Everything you could think of to eat for every nationality including 3 different Thai meals with fried rice and 2 Thai soups every day! It really is something to look forward to and what a situation overlooking the lagoon. Apart from breakfast the other morning highlight was Lucky the baby elephant who arrived around 10am, we could easily spend half an hour feeding and playing with him each morning.
Service - Every member of staff made you feel as if they genuinely wanted you to enjoy your holiday and were helpful, smiling and immaculately dressed (beautiful coloured silks, a different colour and style for each department)
Boat Trip - We took the hotels June Bahtra sail boat trip to James Bond Island - fabulous day out, incredible 'Avatar' type scenery, delicous lunch, knowledgeable guide.
We dined at a number of restaurants, all would collect/return you free of charge (Lotus was our favourite)
The Banyan Tree was the best accommodation, breakfast, service, beach, restaurants and facilities we have ever had and we are booking for next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Phuket, Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary and DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree each deliver a unique experience in a tranquil setting. Located at Bang Tao Bay on the northwest coast of Phuket Island in Thailand, a 20-minute drive from Phuket International Airport. Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts is part of Laguna Phuket, Asia's first integrated resort, and is also the first Banyan Tree resort to be conceptualised and built, setting the benchmark for future properties. This flagship resort offers 173 luxuriously appointed villas surrounded by lush tropical gardens and Asian watercourts. All villas feature a king-sized bed, bathtub and private pool in a landscaped garden. Complimentary minibar except alcoholic drinks with daily refill for all villa categories. The perfect haven to spend time with loved ones, Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts caters for romance, with its private pool villa, fragrant gardens and saltwater lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Banyan Tree Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Banyan Tree Phuket Cherngtalay
- Banyan Tree Phuket Thailand