Banyan Tree Phuket
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Twinpalms Phuket(Thalang District)(Great Value!)
$159
$151
The Surin Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$177
SALA Phuket Resort and Spa(Mai Khao)(Great Value!)
$147
$126
The Pavilions Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$140
$119
Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)(Great Value!)
$106
$101
COMO Point Yamu, Phuket(Pa Khlok)(Great Value!)
$242
$199
Trip.com
$317
Marriott
Trisara(Choeng Thale)
$998
1,888 results
All reviewsdouble pool villasaffron restaurantsignature poolspa poolbuggy serviceoutdoor bathin villa diningvilla bbqspa sanctuaryour honeymoonvilla hostlaguna resortgolf buggiesfree bikestotal privacylagoon viewcanal village
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We've stayed 1 week in December 2013 in this fabulous resort. Our only disappointment was to have to leave it! We were in a Villa with pool.
I read some notices unfavorable, but I really don't understand somes. In this big complex everything is planned to assure peace and tranquillity.
Our slightest requests are very quickly satisfied with a lot of kindness and discretion.
In all the domains the staff is obliging and of a big kindness. Even by looking in the small details I really find nothing to blame.
Restaurants are up to our requirements.
I specially appreciated the spa, really the best I experimented among the numerous spas which I experienced.
We would like to mention and thank quite particularly Ing, Nancy and Darika who were particularly pleasant, knew how to guide us and take care of us, always with the smile, of a big courtesy and an availability.

We surely come back in a few months in this haven of peace.
Philippe et Francoise

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Philippe D,

It is wonderful to hear from you, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your holidays at Banyan Tree Phuket. Let me reassure you that while you may be disappointed or sad that the stay at Banyan Tree is over, you should feel happy that you have discovered what many of our guests have done for the past 20 years. Plus, we are not going anywhere and operate 365 days!! On a serious note, reading through your review, we are humbled by your kind words. I believe that good vacations and memories with special ones are made great by the hundreds of special moments and little details that accumulate throughout the stay. That is what you experienced firsthand with Ing, Nancy and Darika. We are very fortunate to have them and hundreds of others who work alongside me – 50% of whom have been with us for over 12 years.

I hope you will return soon to add more special memories with your near and dear ones. Until then, if there is anything we can do, please feel free to get in touch at your convenience.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed December 12, 2013

On arrival we were welcomed by the staff and provided with a welcome drink and flowers. We had booked a pool villa, but as it was our honeymoon we were upgraded to a two bedroom pool villa. There was also a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine waiting for us in the villa, which was a lovely touch.

The villa was amazing, while we didn't need the second bedroom having the additional space of the larger villa was fantastic. The pool was large with a jacuzzi attached to it, and the whole villa felt very private.

The hotel areas were quiet as either not many people were staying or people just stayed in their villas. We ate at one of the restaurants on the first night and the food was nice but there wasn't really any atmosphere as there were only a few other people dining. We also didn't go to the bar as it was empty after dinner. The whole point of staying here for us was the villas so it wasn't too much of an issue, but having a happy hour or something like that might be good and bring a few more people to the bar area. The main pool was large and very quiet, we only used this a couple of times.

The free bike hire is a good idea and a great way for getting around the resort. The beach is nice and has some other bars and restaurants along it which we ate out several times and were good. (Would recommend Tony's and lotus) We also did a trip to the Similan islands arranged in the hotel lobby where we swam with turtles that was very good but don't expect an empty beach! They were great at getting ahead of the larger crowds though.

So overall, the service from the staff and the Villa is why I would give this hotel a 5 star rating but if you are looking for a more lively resort feel then this might not be for you.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Goochie7

I want to thank you for choosing Banyan Tree Phuket for your honeymoon and for taking the time to write your comments following your recent stay with us.

I appreciate the gesture, as we always strive to make our guest’s stay memorable, and all feedback is deeply treasured. I am pleased to read that you were delighted with our spacious Two Bedroom villa – it is particularly popular with our family market as it affords privacy, space and luxury with a large private pool.

On the other hand, I have noted your comments regarding the lack of atmosphere at some of our restaurants at times. We do have a mixture of offerings ranging from our daily seafood buffet and other themed evenings at the Watercourt, to “Contemporary Thai” a’la carte at Saffron or “Authentic Japanese” a’la carte at Tamarind. You are right, we are not packed and the high ceilings and large spaces may not give that bustling restaurant feel. I can however assure you of some great cuisine and service at the restaurants of Banyan Tree Phuket.

Once again, thank you for such a first-class review and all of us at Banyan Tree Phuket are hoping to having the chance of welcoming you both back in the near future. Until then, all the best wishes for the year 2014!

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2013

First time we have stayed in the Banyan Tree or even Phuket for that matter. What a wonderful place, I would highly recommend anyone to stay. The pool villa's are amazing, so quiet with everything you could possible want. All staff are friendly and cannot do enough to help. Plenty of placers to dine and the food is exceptional. The beach is right on your doorstep and there are numerous bars and restaurants stretched along the beach. A leg massage is a must.

Dear petapp,

Thank you for spending your first time holiday in Phuket at the Banyan Tree!

I am very pleased to read that your overall experience at our Pool Villa, the restaurant outlets, the beach and the staff in general was exceptional. It is always motivating to be recognised for providing excellent service and knowing that we have done our part in making your stay special. Your recommendations will go a long way and are greatly appreciated.

For a truly special time with your significant other, I would highly recommend you our Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary for your next trip! It is the most peaceful and tranquil batch of villas. I would be happy to personally handle your next booking.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We just spent a relaxing week at the Phuket Banyan Tree. We stayed in a deluxe bungalow as that was the only type of room available. It was spacious with a wonderful private courtyard. We had asked for a quiet room and were not disappointed. The room was fine but a bit dated. The outdoor bathtub is novel but not real practical. The bed was comfortable but at floor level making it a bit of an exercise to get in and out of it. The other facilities like the pool and spa were great. The gym was average and could use some updating. That being said the staff more than made up for any deficiency offering help and support to ensure you a good workout no matter what your pleasure or exercise style. The restaurants were super and our favorite was the Thai restaurant (Saffron). The Tre ( Vietnamese) restaurant was good but we felt it was a bit overpriced. Cocktails everywhere were excellent (lobby bar and the restaurants). The beach is great for walking and playing in the waves. Staff were on hand for towels, refreshment, etc. The golf course is undergoing a renovation so only 9 marginal holes are available to play and they still charged 3000 tht which was not a good value. I have to say the entire Banyan Tree staff was fantastic from start to finish. They are kind, responsive, efficient and made our stay top notch. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you want to play golf try Red Mountain or Blue Canyon golf courses...these were good!
1  Thank D T
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear D T,

Thank you very much for your detailed review on your recent stay at the Banyan Tree Phuket resort, we are glad that you enjoyed a relaxing week with us!

Kind, responsive and efficient are outstanding compliments for our associates, I will be sure to share them with our entire team as nothing motivates us more than honest words of appreciation!
We are also happy to read that you enjoyed the different cuisines served at our restaurants, particularly the picant Thai delicacies from our signature restaurant Saffron!

It is however truly unfortunate that you were not able to play all 18 holes on Laguna Phuket’s golf club during your stay as the course is currently receiving a full upgrade in order to enhance the overall experience for our golfers. The renovation will be completed by the beginning of 2015, we hope you will revisit us then to experience and enjoy the fully revamped Laguna Phuket Golf Club!

For your next visit, please do also highlight your need for a higher bed as it is of no problem for our team to increase the height of our traditional Thai beds in order to ensure you the highest level of comfort.

Thank you once more for your great feedback and for recommending the Banyan Tree Phuket to all fellow travelers on Tripadvisor, we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Arrived in Phuket and once you get into the Laguna complex you know that you have left the rest of Phuket behind you as the grass verges are all well trimmed and the place becomes a wonderful setting.
Arriving at Banyan Tree and booking into the hotel was easy and generally straight forward.

I had though that I had requested from my travel agent a double pool villa as I had read so many positive reviews about this type of villa unfortunatley my travel agent sent me a link that showed the website for Banyan tree and not advertising the double room villa's.

The room I stayed in was room 505 a Pool Villa room.

Air Conditioning,
At the commencemet of my stay I had left the air conditioning on during the night this was a mistake that I believe other reviewers have mentioned as it gave me a cold/chest infection as the air is blown directly at you as you sleep.
Mosquito's
I have never been bitten so much ever when at any resort and I bought my own spray to compliment the defences already provided in the room but nevertheless I found what the hotel provided to be poor.
Flooding
The flat roof area flooded the room twice during heavy rain at night on both occassions this was fixed/attended quickly and efficiently by the staff but made me wander as to the general safety of the room allocated.
We stayed at this resort for ten days, the hotel was kept very clean and the gardens kept in immaculate order. within the room the pool and garden area was attended to on a daily basis.
The resturants within the complex I found to be expensive in comparison to the resturants that could be found locally or if you wished to go into Phuket town but this would involve an expensive cab ride into town and back. some resturants would offer a shuttle service if booked in advance.

Room Tip: If you are to go to Banyan Tree Phuket go for a Double Pool Villa would not recommend the pool villa
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear mauricemaria;

Thanks for a balanced review about your most recent stay with us. I am glad that you found our resort neat, clean and the entire Laguna complex well maintained. This has been one of the key attractions apart from the quality of the individual hotels. I was sorry to hear about the confusion where your agent booked you into a Pool villa but, sent images of the DoublePool villa. It is unfortunate that this happened and we have reached out to our regional marketing offices to talk to agencies and ensure that they are using the right images. I realize this set the holiday on the wrong foot through no fault of yours or ours.

Regarding your comments on the air-conditioning, it is a shame that we were not aware of the discomfort caused by the air-conditioner. It is fairly simple to change the direction of the blades on the cover. I am sorry that you had a chest infection due to this. As regards to the leak during heavy rain, I am glad the team fixed it immediately as it was due to a blocked pipe and not from the roof. Our engineers fixed it as soon as the villa became available.
Concerning the mosquito bites, I am sorry to read that the protection we offer did not work as well as it does with other guests. Our fogging treatment is exercised twice a month in order to minimize to the lowest possible the presence of mosquitoes. However, being in the tropics increases the possibility of this kind of reactions, particularly for someone with sensitive skin. This is the reason why we have on request mosquito nets as an additional protection.

You have made a very important point about pricing in the resort vs local restaurants, travel time, cost and also quality. While we may not be the cheapest, we do aim to provide excellent quality and value for money. Of course, we appreciate that guests have more choices on where they dine and we are very aware of the competition, thanks for reminding us of this.

Dear mauricemaria, we do appreciate your useful review and your recommendation to stay in our DoublePool Villa, in which I hope you will have the opportunity to stay in for another 10-day vacation and to share with the world your impressions as well. For us, it would be an honor to welcome you back to Banyan Tree Phuket.