Nice setting, but service strictly by the book and below expectations for this price range. Also the whole complex wide spread (villas) so getting around requires buggies which can take quite some time to pick you up. Just to illustrate, two examples from our trip:
1) We planned this trip with friends and asked for villas next to each other. When we arrived around midnight, we learned that our friends got upgraded to another villa that was a good 10 minute buggy ride away. No other rooms were available so we settled for the night. Next day after asking 2 more times, we were offered an upgrade to a villa next to our friends,
but apparently the water heater was broken...water was luke warm which was fine for us so we agreed. All fine, but when we moved in hotel asked us to sign a letter that basically said we waive all our rights to complain about the lukewarm water. Not exactly the treatment I expect in a 5+ star hotel.
2) Then we had the Sunday brunch. Very nice food and I tried the Oysters. Not a good idea and I ended up with food poisoning. (can happen in best places i guess). When I called reception at night to ask if they have anything to help, they said that according to their policy they can not offer any medication...and that was that. Also never got an apology for the food poisoning. Guess thats their policy, but doesnt help me as a guest with stomach cramps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Phuket, Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary and DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree each deliver a unique experience in a tranquil setting. Located at Bang Tao Bay on the northwest coast of Phuket Island in Thailand, a 20-minute drive from Phuket International Airport. Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts is part of Laguna Phuket, Asia's first integrated resort, and is also the first Banyan Tree resort to be conceptualised and built, setting the benchmark for future properties. This flagship resort offers 173 luxuriously appointed villas surrounded by lush tropical gardens and Asian watercourts. All villas feature a king-sized bed, bathtub and private pool in a landscaped garden. Complimentary minibar except alcoholic drinks with daily refill for all villa categories. The perfect haven to spend time with loved ones, Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts caters for romance, with its private pool villa, fragrant gardens and saltwater lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Banyan Tree Phuket Cherngtalay
- Banyan Tree Phuket Thailand