We originally heard about Banyan Tree resort in Phuket from friends. Its a very nice and spacious resort built in the Laguna area of Phuket, surrounded by other hotels and resorts. You can easily move around using the bicycles provided free of charge.
The hotel staff were very kind and warm at our arrival. Hot towels and tea is offered, while the reception staff made sure we had a good tour of the resort before heading at our villa. The pool villa setup is very nice and ideal for a couple holiday. The pool is situated right in front of the bed, and the bathroom area is very spacious. There is a very comfortable shower, two different washing areas, cupboards, the wc as well as an outside tub.
Everything concerning the room was quite perfect, except for the mosquitoes. Although the hotel provides a mosquito repellent device, it is not enough to do the trick. If you want to sit outside by the pool during the afternoon, you should better use an anti-mosquito spray or lotion. In addition, the air-conditioning unit is placed in such a way that you cannot sit on the villa couch and watch TV without getting a cold. On the last day, we found a couple of holes on our bed sheets, possibly a hint that they need replacement. Some mornings loud birds can wake you as early as 5am.
All the staff are very friendly, professional and attentive. Buggies arrive at no time at all, and everyone is very eager to help. Sometimes, the lack of appropriate english knowledge can lead to misunderstandings or incomplete directions... Only the senior staff understand and speak good english.
The restaurants at Banyan Tree need a bit of improvement if they are to offer meals up to the hotel standards. The breakfast buffet is fine, however the in-villa dining menu needs improvement. The salads, club sandwiches etc are a bit dry and tasteless. The hotel restaurants offer medium food, with the exception of the Water Court seafood restaurant which was a pleasant surprise.
The Spa at the Banyan Tree is the highlight of the hotel. All staff are amazing and the spa area is very comfortable and relaxing, with separate rooms for each treatment. The Balinese massage we tried was a very relaxing and soothing experience. Recommended
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Phuket, Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary and DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree each deliver a unique experience in a tranquil setting. Located at Bang Tao Bay on the northwest coast of Phuket Island in Thailand, a 20-minute drive from Phuket International Airport. Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts is part of Laguna Phuket, Asia's first integrated resort, and is also the first Banyan Tree resort to be conceptualised and built, setting the benchmark for future properties. This flagship resort offers 173 luxuriously appointed villas surrounded by lush tropical gardens and Asian watercourts. All villas feature a king-sized bed, bathtub and private pool in a landscaped garden. Complimentary minibar except alcoholic drinks with daily refill for all villa categories. The perfect haven to spend time with loved ones, Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts caters for romance, with its private pool villa, fragrant gardens and saltwater lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Banyan Tree Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Banyan Tree Phuket Cherngtalay
- Banyan Tree Phuket Thailand