Banyan Tree Phuket
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Angsana Laguna Phuket(Choeng Thale)
View Hotel
Dream Phuket Hotel & Spa(Choeng Thale)
View Hotel
The Pavilions Phuket(Choeng Thale)
View Hotel
Angsana Villas Resort Phuket(Choeng Thale)
1,848 results
All reviewsdouble pool villasaffron restaurantsignature poolspa poolbuggy serviceoutdoor bathin villa diningvilla bbqspa sanctuaryour honeymoonvilla hostlaguna resortgolf buggiesfree bikestotal privacylagoon viewcanal village
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

To be one of the earliest banyan tree hotels established in asia, the hotel has its charm and the original banyan tree "DNA". Your relaxation mode gets switched on the moment you step into the lobby. Friendly staff, peaceful and quiet, if you are looking for these three qualities in a hotel in Phuket, need not look further.

• Stayed: June 2013
Sriram K, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Patman3,

It was a real pleasure to read your review, thank you very much! As the first resort of the Banyan Tree group, we are very aware of the responsibility and expectations my associates and I carry. We take great pride in the “Banyan Tree DNA” that is part of over 32 resorts worldwide. Your compliments to the team has been shared with the entire Banyan Tree Phuket team and it will certainly motivate us to maintain the standards.

We would be truly delighted to welcome you back to our peaceful retreat in the near future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My family and I stayed in a 1 bedroom pool villa for a week and absolutely loved it!

Initially I wasn't overly impressed when I entered the resort lobby. It was nice, but it didn't have the 'wow' factor. However, once we were issued our bikes ... Bikes? Yes, much to my surprise the way to get around in this resort is by hotel bicycles (or hotel buggy). If you have kids, make sure you get children's bikes. Initially when we checked in the receptionist said they didn't have any, however, after I walked around the hotel I saw several kids riding BMX style bikes. I had to walk around until I found children's bikes myself. This should have never happened. I believe I should have been told about the children's bikes upon check-in. This was such a great feature for my kids it should be emphasized more.

I'll highlight some of the experiences;

• We had an issue with one of our bags. At the airport we were overweight and had to use our 'extra bag' which we packed. However, when we landed we forgot our 'extra' bag at the airport. Jin, the Korean front desk employee was absolutely fantastic in coordinating with one of the other staff members to get my bag delivered to the hotel Well done. Thank you Jin.

• Biking around the resort was amazing. The grounds are spectacular and well kept. Although this is a huge property you feel as if you're the only guest. The bikes are a bit old, but seem to be well maintained.

• The pool is very relaxing. Although we had our own pool villa, my kids wanted to play in the lazy river and with out children. The entire week we were there, the pool was never crowded or noisy. There was an 'adults only' pool that was off the spa that was absolutely stunning. Any stress you may have would be quickly lifted by sitting at one end of the pool and looking towards the tree lined path on the other side. Again, well done.

• The pool villa we had was very nice. The pool was much larger than I had expected and the grounds outside were beautiful. We even had a fairly large yard with a dock and a couple chairs on the lagoon. The attention to detail when designing this hotel was amazing. Although I do think the interior of our pool villa was showing it's age and needed some renovation, the overall feeling was fantastic. (I'll go into more detail)

• The spa was beautiful and peaceful. I sat in the waiting area which overlooks the adult pool sipping my ginger tea completely relaxed. The spa facilities were beautiful as well.

• Riding around on my bike one early morning taking photos was extremely peaceful and relaxing. There was a grounds keeper every 50 meters. Every single employee would pause from their work and warmly greet me. It was very nice. Kudos to the manager of this dept.

• The beach is across the street from the hotel. The guards at the entrance were extremely nice. In particular there was a shorter, stocky guard that would stop traffic (although it was a small road with hardly any traffic) while saluting with a huge smile. I even saw him carrying a small girl across the street while passing. These guys are great ambassadors for the hotel and service.

In my opinion the improvements could be;

• Food: Although the breakfast buffet is decent, the overall food quality is not. The first night I ordered a salmon steak while sitting on the patio overlooking the lagoon. My salmon was over cooked and accompanied by frozen fresh fries. Huh? French fries? I would have preferred some type of vegetable or rice. After all, we are in S. E. Asia. Fresh food is every where.

My wife ordered a Papaya salad at the pool. It was inedible. It wasn't crisp and fresh. It was soggy and stale.

The Thai buffet was great if you loved fresh shell fish. It appeared a lot of people were enjoying it. I thought the food was a bit too spicy myself.

• Service; The overall service in the hotel was good, however, it was not 5 star (especially for Thailand). I think because this is such a great hotel you expect more. A few of the items which I didn't think represented the hotel well;
1) Never, not once did anyone walk around the pool to ask if we wanted anything to drink or eat. From a revenue perspective the hotel is missing out. From a guest perspective it is simply poor service. Granted there were only a handful of people at the pool, however, even if there was only one guest, it is the service that should be expected.
2) The pool attendants were also the bartenders. 99% of the time they were in the bar which meant getting our own towels and setting up our own chairs. On the rare occasion the pool attendant was in the pool hut, they did a nice job bringing out some cool towels and water as well as setting up your lounge. Most of the time I saw the guests doing this on their own with the pool attendant bringing out water and cool towels at some point later. I don't believe it is the fault of the guys working the pool area as much as it is with the lack of staff. To clarify, we would show up at the pool around 10:30am so it wasn't as if it was too early or too late.
3) The gym - I used the exercise room every morning. Most of the time I would be the only person in there, yet never once did the employee ask if I needed anything. Although I would have declined, I think it would be great service if the employee would ask if there was anything he could help me with or explain. I didn't feel welcomed. Not sure how else to explain it.
4) Breakfast service - this really needs some improvement. Most of the time the two older guys working the patio were completely unaware of what was going on. Every morning I had to find a guy to ask for coffee. Rarely would the plates we cleared from the table without asking. Breakfast is the perfect time to set the tone for the rest of the day so having poor service or at best average service is truly a shame.

I hate to make any negative comments about this fantastic property, however, like any good business constructive criticism is always good. The Banyan Tree Phuket truly is paradise. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A pool villa is an absolute must!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was our fifth stay at the Banyan Tree Phuket - the reason being that we are always made to feel special, the staff are truly fantastic and always go the "extra mile" to ensure your holiday is a memourable and wonderful experience. The whole facility is incredible - you know that you are in the middle of a resort but in your villa you have total seclusion. All the rooms are immaculate - the facilities really five star. The beach is a moment away from the main facility and has miles of golden sand. I could go on...... but it's enough just to say we will be going back for our 6th visit soon !!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your continued patronage. Your trust in our service delivery is the greatest compliment and it truly encourages us to continue going “that extra mile” to exceed our guests’ expectations. Rest assured that I will share your wonderful feedback with the entire team!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Phuket for your 6th visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at banyan, great location, great food and excellent service.
Very uncomfortable bed though.
Buffet breakfast is incredible.
Baby elephant come to say hello in the morning.
Also had massage at the spa, very nice but very expensive

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Phusanisa

Dear Phusanisa,

Thank you very much taking the time to write a review on your stay.
Our vast breakfast buffet has always been a USP with our guests, I am glad you enjoyed it and I will pass your compliments to our Executive Chef and his culinary team.
Your feedback on the bed is well received and I shall follow up with our housekeeping team to find an appropriate solution.
I concede that the prices at Banyan Tree Spa are indeed higher than some other local Spas. However, I would like to emphasize that we spend a remarkable amount of time training our spa therapists. It is thanks to the consistent delivery of high-quality service that our Banyan Tree Spa has become one of the world’s most decorated Spa brands. Although it was expensive, I sincerely hope you found your Spa experience of good value.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our resort in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Banyan Tree Phuket in March for our honeymoon. We stayed in a pool villa which offers a good size private swimming pool. Everything is first class and exactly what you would expect from a 5 start (+) resort. The villa is spacious, service is excellent, everybody just seems to be cheerful! Really enjoyed the spa, of course you need to pay the banyan tree price, but you get what you paid for. We received the 90min treatment in a private suite with AC, totally relaxing! (note that outside the resort there are some boutique spas which we also tried but those are outdoor and it's incredibly hot as you can imagine in Thailand!). Another thing I really like is the food. There are a lot of choices for the breakfast buffet: hot, cold, western, oriental, noodles, etc, I'm very looking forward to breakfast every morning. The evening buffet is also great, there are different themes every night and we've tried the Thai street food, seafood (can't remember the rest). It's surprisingly authetic (as compared to some other hotels we've stayed in before), and most importantly, CLEAN! They are quite generous in terms of portions and varieties as well (e.g. a LOT of lobsters). Lastly we booked a few day trips and activities with the hotel reception and they are very reliable and offers very good advice. All in all a very special experince and just wish that I could stay a bit longer!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear XXPhoebeXX,

Congratulations you on your recent wedding, we wish you both a joyful and exciting future together! It was a pleasure to read your detailed review and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed a first class honeymoon here with us in Phuket. Thank you very much for complementing our Banyan Tree Spa as well as the variety and authenticity of our restaurant and buffet choices. Rest assured that I will share your kind words with our dedicated team.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back for one of the many wedding anniversaries that are yet to come!