We stayed in one of the private pool villas and it was AMAZING!!! From the service to the spa to the hotel staff greeting you wherever (even from like 20 feet away!). First of all, the driver came to pick us up from the airport (THB1700 for a van) and it was around a 30-minute ride. Check-in was smooth, and we rode the buggy to our villa. It's around a 2-minute ride on the buggy from the hotel lobby to the villa (or a 4- to 5-minute walk by foot). Though thunderstorms were in the weather forecast, it didn't rain at all during our stay. We stayed in the resort the entire time. I went for the Lomi Lomi massage as well as the Royal Banyan package at the spa. Both treatments were absolutely divine! The therapists were well mannered and well trained, and the ambience (including the scents!) was perfect! We ate at the Watercourt, Saffron, Tre and the restaurant overlooking the golf course. Food was alright though dinner was expensive; service was impeccable. My kid got to eat free (kid's meal at lunch time) at the restaurant overlooking the golf course. The breakfast buffet boasted a variety of choices, and you will leave the breakfast table full! The private (stretch of the) beach was only a minute away from our villa. But for some reason, every time we went, the red flag was up!... Wrong timing, I suppose, but then again, we enjoyed our time in our private pool! The backyard, complete with lounge chairs amidst luscious greens, also overlooked the lagoon. There is a boat (complimentary) that takes you to the other resorts.
What I want to emphasize is the remarkable service! We got complimentary bubbly as an anniversary gift on the first day (we went to celebrate our anniversary). One day, I had asked customer service to have someone make up the room while we went out to lunch, since my kid needed to take an afternoon nap. But when we returned, the room wasn't made up yet. I called them again and asked them to come later on in the afternoon, after my kid finished his nap. Anyway, they gave us a (huge) complimentary food basket and apology note just for coming late! All in all, it was a relaxing vacation. We had a fabulous stay here, and we will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Phuket, Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary and DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree each deliver a unique experience in a tranquil setting. Located at Bang Tao Bay on the northwest coast of Phuket Island in Thailand, a 20-minute drive from Phuket International Airport. Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts is part of Laguna Phuket, Asia's first integrated resort, and is also the first Banyan Tree resort to be conceptualised and built, setting the benchmark for future properties. This flagship resort offers 173 luxuriously appointed villas surrounded by lush tropical gardens and Asian watercourts. All villas feature a king-sized bed, bathtub and private pool in a landscaped garden. Complimentary minibar except alcoholic drinks with daily refill for all villa categories. The perfect haven to spend time with loved ones, Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts caters for romance, with its private pool villa, fragrant gardens and saltwater lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Banyan Tree Phuket Cherngtalay
- Banyan Tree Phuket Thailand