I have just come back to the UK after staying at the Banyan Tree for 1 week for our Honeymoon. I had very high expectations of the Banyan Tree after previously working within the travel industry but I have to say I was slightly disappointed when we check in that we haven't been given a room upgrade? The week previous to our stay our friends who had flown out for our wedding in Thailand stayed at the Banyan Tree for 5 nights and had been given a FREE room updgrade automatically? I do understand room upgrades are subject to availability but the hotel wasn't even remotely full.
Upon arriving in our room we did have receive a fruit platter & bottle of fizz to open...Our Villa 617 was a little dated inside but very well equipped. We couldnt use the hot tub in the garden after 5pm due to being eaten alive by mosquitoes.
Breakfast was Amazing!!! I can honestly say they have ticked every box here they have everything you could possible think of & the service was 1st class.
We didn't eat in the restuarant's in the evening as we enjoyed eating out along the beach & surrounding area...Food & drink prices in the hotel are high!! Champagne £22.50 a GLASS.
During the day we spent the morning by the pool...which is looking dated compared to the recently refurbshed nearby hotel The Angsana & afternoon on the beach which is beautiful.
Checking Out - We did have an issue as our flight wasn't until midnight, the hotel offered for us to keep our room on FOC until 4pm but we needed to keep it on until at least 6pm the hotel wanted £200 for these two hours which werent happy to pay so checked out at 3pm and moved to another hotel in the laguna for a fraction of the price & managed to keep until our taxi picked us up at 8pm.
Staff - All the staff we came into contact where extremely helpful, the security guard from the hotel to the beach was brilliant...the hotel has some real gems working for them!
Personally I wouldn't go back to the Banyan Tree its been a hotel I can tick off my to do list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Phuket, Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary and DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree each deliver a unique experience in a tranquil setting. Located at Bang Tao Bay on the northwest coast of Phuket Island in Thailand, a 20-minute drive from Phuket International Airport. Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts is part of Laguna Phuket, Asia's first integrated resort, and is also the first Banyan Tree resort to be conceptualised and built, setting the benchmark for future properties. This flagship resort offers 173 luxuriously appointed villas surrounded by lush tropical gardens and Asian watercourts. All villas feature a king-sized bed, bathtub and private pool in a landscaped garden. Complimentary minibar except alcoholic drinks with daily refill for all villa categories. The perfect haven to spend time with loved ones, Banyan Tree Phuket Resorts caters for romance, with its private pool villa, fragrant gardens and saltwater lagoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Banyan Tree Phuket Cherngtalay
- Banyan Tree Phuket Thailand