“Superb!”
Review of Banyan Tree Phuket

Banyan Tree Phuket
Ranked #20 of 97 Hotels in Thalang District
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Me and my husband had Lagoon Plunge Pool Villa. Beautiful villa with pool! Only one minus – few towels in the room, we used to ask to bring us extra towels. Every day we had different fruits in the room, and every night - pleasant surpris on your pillow :)
The sea and beach are very clean! Unfortunately, there were mini-jellyfishes in the sea, and we were rescueed by pool on our villa :)
The hotel’s territory is big and green. Very exellent dining! A breakfast variety superb! and excellent buffets for the dinners (very advised Watercourt)! Staff is very friendly.
SPA is magnificent! In my opinion the BEST of all SPA where we I’ve been!!!
We enjoyed a gratest quality and professionalism.
Big plus – a free transfer on all Laguna Beach complex.
Great library with wide range of books, music and films.
The good fitness room, but could be little bit bigger.
Our holiday was excellent, and unforgettable!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jekaterina_Tallin

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here at Easter this year, it was our first time to Phuket and we thought is was fabulous, the initial impression of the resort and the beach definitely met our expectations.

The villas are impressive, we were fortunate to get upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa, what can I say?, it was everything we could have wanted.....
2 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, large private pool, jacuzzi/hot-tub, sala shaded area, every possible amenity taken care of, beach bags, beach shoes, mosquito repellent, fresh fruit every day and lots more. Very well thought out additions....
The breakfast buffet was very good, we chose not to eat in the resort much in the evenings as we felt it was overpriced, there are a handful of restaurants on the beach, basic but excellent food and very well priced. Its nice to be able to support local businesses too as opposed to big hotel groups all the time.

The first night we arrived we went to the bar area, I asked for a G&T, only to be told they didn't have any tonic!, not quite what we expected.

In terms of my title comment about the social side of things, well, this may have been the 'mix' at Easter, but we were largely there with Chinese and Russian families who keep themselves to themselves and definitely don't go on holiday to be sociable with other guests. I am very open minded, but find it a little frustrating when trying to be friendly in true british form by saying 'good morning' to fellow guests as we were seated at breakfast to not be acknowledged or stared in in an odd way!.....
Our 4 year old daughter was baffled when russian children gave her the hard shoulder on the beach, she even said 'mummy I have smiled at them a lot and they don't smile back! - how do you explain to a small child?....

The highlight for our daughter was Lucky the elephant who visited every morning towards the end of breakfast service to be fed fruit and have lots of photo opportunities, this was pretty amazing and the main holiday memory for us!

Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way this place is run or the staff, we couldn't really complain about anything, but to have had more interaction with other guests would have been nice......

Anyone considering going there should definitely do so and will not be disappointed with the Banyan Tree experience. We plan to visit other Banyan Tree establishments as the standard is so good.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Summerdazey1
A TripAdvisor Member
Tianjin, China
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I' m not a fan of luxury hotel actually, before that I've only been to ST Regis in Bali. Frankly speaking, comparing with which, Banyan Tree in Phuket still has room to improve in both service and facilities. Although My room was upgraded to double-bedroom, I have to say this is the first time to know that in such kind of hotel, you can find a shower which can keep providing you hot water...in a 2 bedroom villa, with 2 or 3 shower places...
Also, the name plate of each dish was placed in a mass when u took breakfast,no staff took care of it, u can hardly imagine that happened in Banyan Tree.
What I can say to this hotel is " acceptable" only.

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear BanyanTree.com traveler,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback about your first experience at Banyan Tree Phuket.

With respect to your comment on our two-bedroom villa, our signature design includes an outdoor shower as well as an indoor shower. Unless I have misunderstood your comments, typically, being upgraded to this 2 bedroom villa is appreciated by many of our guests and our guests consider our design to very romantic. I am sorry if this did not appeal to you. As pertains to your breakfast dining experience, I have communicated this to my Executive chef for further improvement.

My associates and I aspire to meet the expectations of all our guests and if in this case we fell short, my sincere apologies. Thanks once again for giving us your feedback,

Warm regards,

Sriram Kailasam

A TripAdvisor Member
Beijing
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our stay at Banyan Tree Phuket is absolutely a fantastic experience. We were so lucky that we got upgraded from Two Deluxe Bedroom Pool Villa to Double Pool Villa, the best villa at Banyan Tree Phuket with area of 1,500 Sqms. The design and decoration of the villa is so elegant and beautiful. The master bedroom is surrounded by blue clean water. And there is a huge swimming pool outside the living room with fabulous lake and golf course view. Tasty ice cream will be served for the guests at Double Pool Villa every afternoon. The pool BBQ is great. The service is beyond expectation. People here are very nice and friendly. They always smile at us and are willing to offer help. Every detail makes us feel pleastant. Breakfast is very good with many choices. The spa is another thing I strongly recommend. Our stay at Banyan Tree Phuket is the best ever hotel experience we've had till now. We will for sure come back in near future!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have been coming to the Banyan Tree in Phuket for 15 years and what keeps us coming back? The property and the service! In Phuket one is spoiled with choice in the luxury hotel market. But the Banyan Tree is the best of all, whether you are travelling with children (as we have on many occasions in the past) or as a romantic getaway for two. The Banyan Tree is located within the Laguna Resort area which means one has the use of the facilities at the other hotels as well. In addition to the wonderful 4 restaurants at the Banyan Tree, you can eat at any of the other restaurants within the complex, including the phenomenal Thai restaurant at the Dusit Thani. We have played golf at the Laguna Golf Club (that shares the main entrance with the Banyan Tree), gotten certified as a family for scuba diving, using the Sheraton Hotel's dive shop and pool. When the children were very little, we also used the Sheraton pools and play area, as the Banyan Tree does not have those options for really little ones. The beach is one of the longest in Phuket -- some 4 miles long, with gorgeous sand and shade in the morning for good morning jogs and of course the perfect spot to watch the sun go down in the evening. Along the beach front there are also wonderful casual and inexpensive restaurants serving Thai food. Our favorite is Lotus -- a leisurely walk down the beach from the hotel. There is also a really cool bar, called Reggae which is our favorite for watching the sun go down over a cold drink in the evening. (They also now rent stand up paddle boards.) We have stayed in every type of villa the resort offers. With children, our favorite is the deluxe two bedroom pool villas, which is a walled complex with a long pool and jacuzzi. I would NOT stay here with toddlers who don't swim as the bedroom and living room open straight on to the pool area. These villas afford absolute privacy. The most attractive style of villa are the double pool villas, with floating bedrooms surrounded by lily ponds. But these are fitted out with slick marble which makes using the pools tricky with kids and for honeymooners, the pool areas face directly onto internal lagoons, so you can see what all your neighbors are doing around their pools (and vice versa #@!). Once we messed up our reservations at Easter and spent one night spread out among 3 of the smallest villas and they were very lovely and private with mature tropical plantings and a small outdoor jacuzzi. This past weekend we stayed for the first time in the Spa Pool Sanctuary villas. These have a private entrance which made check in an easy process but we sort of missed arriving in the stunning main lobby of the hotel! There are 14 villas in this section, 10 that face the lagoon (and have the same privacy issues at the double pool villas) and 4 that have a water fountain wall at the end of the pool area. We chose the one with the privacy and the lovely sound of running water. The pool was long with a heated jacuzzi tub that spilled into the pool. In addition there were two built in lounges in the pool that had their own bubbling units. At the end of the pool next to the wall fountain was a sala for massages. The bedroom was a floating room surrounded by lily pads and there was a steam room as well as an outdoor bathtub in the master bath. As part of the "sanctuary", we were treated to a romantic surprise at turn down service every night. The first night we arrived to find that the sheets on the bed had been changed to soft silk sheets, there was a bottle of sparkling pomegranite juice in an ice bucket with candles lit all around the room and flowers strewn across the bed. The second night there were flowers and candles in the bathroom and a whole spa treatment of scrubs presented in the steam shower. The last night we found chocolates, a bottle of red wine, body oil and the outdoor bathtub full of floating orchids. Not to mention lots and lots of flickering candles. WOW! It was lovely. We had a spa treatment every day. Our favorite treatment rooms are the outdoor salas that are villas surrounded by water in a private garden area. To have a lovely massage with the sound of running water and birdsong is heaven on earth. Remember to request an outdoor treatment room when making the booking! This time the hotel was only 70% occupied so we had no trouble playing it by ear in terms of tee times, spa treatments and restaurant bookings. If you go during a busier time of year, be sure to book a dinner every night, RESERVE BIKES for your stay! (they never have enough which is just stupid and annoying), get tee times and spa appointments. You can always change things around when you see what you like, but at least you won't be frustrated. We came home yesterday well rested and so very pleased to have had such a lovely time again. There are a few things I would change to make this the totally perfect experience: a better mattress on the beds (the Thai style hard mattress is a sleep killer), our villa needed a face lift -- new cushions outside and tiles repaired, and really there need to be more bicycles in better condition (my husband's lacked effective brakes). But these were minor imperfections in an otherwise perfect vacation experience. We will be back!

Room Tip: If you stay in the spa sanctuary villas, ask for a non-lagoon facing one. We stayed in Villa 220 and...
3  Thank pfpedersen
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've always wanted to stay at a Banyan Tree Resort and I finally treated my girlfriend and my self on this trip to Phuket. Everything was just perfect except for 1 issue, they did not have bicycles for me to use while staying there! Although this is a small issue, but it is a very frustrating issue! Other travellers were also angry that they could not borrow bicycles!

Room Tip: Pool villa is a must!
3  Thank Lincoln L
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed in one of the spa pool villas with my boyfriend for 3 nights. A bit of a long wait at the lobby to get into our villa, but the friendly staff kept us well entertained by explaining all the amenities and activities offered by the hotel. When we were escorted to our villa, I was in awe as I felt like I've walked into a paradise. I especially love the "floating" bedroom and the private pool. However, I was disappointed that the jacuzzi in our villa was broken. In addition, some of the furniture looked quite run down on closer inspection. There were a lot of mosquitoes, bugs, frogs and geckos in the outdoor area of the villa, so bug repellant is a must when swimming or eating outside.

Despite the little flaws mentioned, I was overall very satisfied with my stay at the Banyan Tree mainly because of the helpful and friendly staff everywhere (who all speak excellent English btw). Last but not least, the resort restaurants that I tried were also spectacular. The breakfast buffet offered great variety and the Thai food at saffron was out of this world.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas
Trisara
Trisara
#1 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Banyan Tree Phuket? Share your experiences!