“Great experience”
Review of Sumalee Boxing Gym

Sumalee Boxing Gym
More attraction details
Owner description: Sumalee Boxing Gym in Phuket, Thailand, offers traditional Muay Thai training and much more. Sumalee Boxing Gym is the newest Muay Thai training camp in Phuket. It sets a new standard for Muay Thai training facilities on the island and is the only traditional training camp with a swimming pool, mini games pitch and air conditioned weights studio on-site. The Sumalee Ringside Restaurant is the only restaurant in the area that offers both local and international dishes all cooked by our experienced chef. Take a seat and enjoy your meal next to the training rings for a front row view of the action. Offers include daily specials and a healthy 'Shake of the Day'. The Sumalee Studio offers a plethora of services from basic conditioning and general fitness, all the way up to long term weight loss & strength training programs. The staff have the quality and experience to help you reach your health & fitness goals.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I went along to a morning group training session and had a great time. The gym is a great facility and the trainers are friendly. the group sessions last 2 hours and are on at 0730 and 1600. for the cost of the classes (400baht) it was an excellent start to Muay Thai.

Visited April 2014
Sam M, General Manager at Sumalee Boxing Gym, responded to this review, November 30, 2014
We hope to see you again some time :)

Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great time and awesome staff - a must!!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I came here for a few days after touring Thailand; wanted to get the Muay Thai experience. First off - the facilities are amazing; clean rooms, very nice pool, great restaurant (with amazing food!), and super friendly and helpful staff. I played pick-up soccer every day in the afternoon right before dinner; you get that gym-family feeling for sure!There is a weight room you can use, too. I came back to the States leaner and feeling healthier after my few days there.

The training is the best. The staff and trainers work with you no matter what skill level you are. The only con for me is that I did not have the chance to stay longer - I will be back for sure.

It is tucked away which is just what I wanted so I could focus on fitness, but there are activities you can do as well, such as wakeboarding.

Visited April 2014
Thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure to have you and we hope to see you again soon :)
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Gym in Phuket”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Fantastic place to visit. The gym is in Thalang and close to some wonderful beaches and restaurants but far enough out the way to not be bothered by anybody if you just want to get your head down and train. only a few quid in a taxi if you are feeling brave enough to visit Patong too.

The trainers are all very nice and the camp is run by a lovely english family of whom some speak fluent thai.

Facilities at the camp were very modern and always kept clean. pool was perfect for after training and the fully stocked gym was great.

Cant wait to go back.

cheers guys

Visited September 2013
SumaleeBoxingGym, General Manager at Sumalee Boxing Gym, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, Robino. You are welcome back anytime, glad you enjoyed the training :)
Melbourne, Australia
“My Sumalee Boxing Gym experience 2014”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I along with a friend had the pleasure of visiting Sumalee Boxing Gym in Phuket in March 2014. From the minute we arrived we were greeted by the smiling faces of the amazing staff and trainers. From Lynne and the office staff who answered all questions and assisted us with all our needs,to Oron and the other awesome Thai trainers who catered to all our Muay Thai training needs.

We stayed on site in one of the air conditioned twin share rooms which was very comfortable and met all our needs.

The food plan whilst staying at Sumalee was great and I can say that we were never stuck for choice. All the meals were healthy and portions never left us hungry..

Sumalee had everything covered, even scooter hire at very reasonable rates. We hired a scooter for 2 weeks of our stay which enabled us to see the sites around Phuket. Lynne and the staff were more than helpful with directions to local temples, beaches, restaurant's etc.

With regards to the training.... Wow!! Each and every technique was broken down right back to basics and then rebuilt in a way that was easy to apply whilst increasing speed and power. I cannot speak highly enough of the trainers at Sumalee.. When it came to the group classes the trainers cater for everyone and all levels, with a smile and lots of laughs.

Overall my time at Sumalee Boxing Gym was a time I will never forget and value forever,and hope to be back to visit and continue my training in the coming months.

Thanks to the whole team.

Regards

Chris

Visited March 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Much appreciated Mr K! It was a pleasure having you and Mr B here with us and hopefully you will be able to get a fight in next time. Hope you're recovering well from your injury :)
“Wonderful Muay Thai experience!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Nestled away from the tourist centres and staffed by friendly, competent local nak muays, Sumalee is an undiluted muay thai experience. Getting out on the weekends isn't hard either, and there's lots of good local food nearby so you won't be left wanting for anything.

Visited November 2013
SumaleeBoxingGym, General Manager at Sumalee Boxing Gym, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
We are glad you liked our surroundings! That was in the planning, to allow people to train free from the distractions that other gyms come with :)