“Worth considering” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sumalee Boxing Gym

Sumalee Boxing Gym
More attraction details
Owner description: Sumalee Boxing Gym in Phuket, Thailand, offers traditional Muay Thai training and much more. Sumalee Boxing Gym is the newest Muay Thai training camp in Phuket. It sets a new standard for Muay Thai training facilities on the island and is the only traditional training camp with a swimming pool, mini games pitch and air conditioned weights studio on-site. The Sumalee Ringside Restaurant is the only restaurant in the area that offers both local and international dishes all cooked by our experienced chef. Take a seat and enjoy your meal next to the training rings for a front row view of the action. Offers include daily specials and a healthy 'Shake of the Day'. The Sumalee Studio offers a plethora of services from basic conditioning and general fitness, all the way up to long term weight loss & strength training programs. The staff have the quality and experience to help you reach your health & fitness goals.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Perth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Worth considering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I dropped in for just one day because I was only in Phuket very briefly & sadly could only fit in one session. I was staying up the northern end of the island, so was looking for something located up that way & the reviews of Sumalee here on Tripadvisor helped make the decision easy.
Sumalee was super easy to deal with, very professional in how they went about dealing with me via email & bookig me in. Everything was organised perfectly.
I had a good one-on-one session with Max, he worked on alot of techniques with me & worked me hard enough but didn't try flog me into the ground.
I would certainly come again but hopefully for longer.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank SeasonedPerth

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Enjoyed every minute”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed almost 4 weeks in total. Had booked somewhere else (on an Island) and left after 2 weeks but came back because the training and and atmosphere is so much better at Sumalee. The guys are really great, helpful and caring and even as a total beginner you do not feel out of place. They all know what they are doing because most are still active fighters. Rooms are nice and the pool is big enough to do some swimming. Scooters and car are available for hire. Phuket as such and Pattong or the other tourist places are not really my thing and would not make me come to Thailand but Sumalee Boxing Gym is a good reason. You can concentrate on your training and fitness and meals are provided on site. The owners look after the place and are very cooperative and accommodating. I also done private lessons with Sam in the gym and built up on my strength quite a bit. The gym is fully equipped with aircon and Sam is a qualified trainer who is taking his work seriously. I also took private lessons to get up to speed on my boxing technique and it helped a great deal. Whatever you try to achieve you can talk to the boys or Lynne and they will find a way to arrange it. If you are not certain about kickboxing and would like to give it a try in a relaxed and very friendly environment then this is the place.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Gmd G
SumaleeBoxingGym, General Manager at Sumalee Boxing Gym, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
We are looking forward to welcoming you back, GMD. Thank you for your kind words. Hope that 6 pack is nearing completion!
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Holiday of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just got back from two weeks of training at Sumalee Boxing Gym and cannot speak highly enough of the whole experience - it was fantastic! Very sad to leave.
I am a "40-something" complete (female) beginner who went with two teenage sons (15 and 18 years) with different levels of experience and we were all made to feel very welcome and trained at the correct level of challenge for each of us. The trainers (Oron, Cartoon, Lambang, Regency, Max and Jackie) were all very friendly, careful and patient and the ratio of visitors to trainers is excellent.
The management and office staff (Lynne, Riah and Mike) couldn't have been more helpful. My eldest son had a medical emergency during our stay (not related to Muay Thai) and they were incredibly supportive in getting the right help.
Lovely feel around the gym and a really sociable team feeling amongst the guests - we had a couple of great nights out to watch and support Sumalee fighters at the stadium in Patong. Can also recommend the weekend night market and nearby Surin Beach.
Excellent food at the gym restaurant, high quality accommodation and a lovely pool to relax in. I also benefited from regular Thai massages after training at the close-by massage shop.
In short, I would thoroughly recommend Sumalee! Thank-you for a fantastic holiday.

Visited July 2013
5 Thank Jacqueline H
We are glad that your family enjoyed their time with us :) You are welcome back any time!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had done muay thai before but I took two friends who had never. All three of us had a great time. We even got invited to a club meal later at a local beach restaurant which topped the day off.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank dr85
When you train with us you become part of the family! Glad you enjoyed yourselves :)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sumalee boxing gym is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

i stayed at sumalee when it first opened the rooms were excellent the swimming pool was good nice for a dip after training.lynne and her daughter riah are amazing hosts i was made to feel very welcome as for the training it was excellent the coaching was first class whether you are a pro or a complete novice kru oron is such a character and an excellent coach he also teaches muay boran :) i would recommend this gym to anyone.also riah speaks fluent thai which helps alot . they also arrange day trips ,i loved my stay here !!!!!!!!!!!!!good value for money

Visited July 2012
1 Thank spanola777
We wouldn't be where we are today without the support of people like yourself when we first started out! Thank you :)