“Adam's dream come true”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife, Gudrun and I recently used the haul-out and other great facilities of Ao Po Grand Marina and lived on-board Edu-Cat (our boat) on the hard whilst many maintenance items were attended to. One of the top facilities to be found here is the Quarterdeck Bar and Restaurant founded and run by Adam and his hard-working team. This spot is a wonderful place to relax with a cold beer or cocktail and enjoy an excellent menu featuring delicious Thai and Western dishes. We spent many enjoyable times at the Quarterdeck and would thoroughly recommend it to fellow mariners and other tourists looking for a delightful dining location with a wonderful nautical ambiance.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I anchor off Ao Po marina on frequent occasions .I always bring my crew and myself to the Quarterdeck restaurant and bar for dinner and cocktails.I have NEVER been disapointed.The food has been excellent and the service good.There is a vast selection of different cold beers from around the world to tempt you.The owner ,Adam,is most gracious and ensures that I have a good evening.The location is fantastic,overlooking the marina and the bay.Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Well after sitting in Patong night after night and reviewing this cafe on Tripadvisor, and hearing others mention the new Ao Po Grand Marina, I decided to head up to the north of the island,visiting the gibbon sanctuary and the nearby up and coming Cape Yamu, on the way to Ao Po near the Chandara Resort & Spa, is where you will find the Quarterdeck.

What a splendid location they have acquired. Lots of easy parking, some shade and easy access to the boats and ferries.

The menu is wide and varied. So wide in fact that you can only get one menu on the table at a time.

Small fish in glass bowls ( I thought this was a starter ) ..

When I went it was very busy, so my expectations were high, surely with this many customers , what could go wrong, well how about almost everything !

I assume that many of these visitors are one-off tourists or boat crew?not sure.

Chaotic service and confusing staff, long wait times.

Give it a try though, it may have been just the one time.

Vikki

5  Thank vikkitraveller
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Last time I went to Thailand I decided to visit a friend of mine who has a beautiful house in Thalang, Northen Phuket, pretty close to the lovely and dynamic Ao Po Marina.

He wanted to treat me with a nice dinner and decided to take me to the restaurant called "Quarterdeck", located in front of the Marina, facing the births and docks.

The facilities were lovely, open to the sea with a terrace well protected by a roof from the episodic showers that can occur every day in this particular part of the island.

The rest of the time, they also place wrought iron tables and chairs on the grass yard.
It reminded me the English gardens described in a Jane Austen novel!

Parking was easy even when this slot is public so also used by yacht owners and sailors.

After this very good first impression, I felt a bit surprised when we were not greeted in that kind of friendly way that Thai people normally do.
Although the Quarterdeck's owner appears english, all the staff areThai.

We had to found a table ourselves and after a few minutes waiting to be served, a waiter came along with only one menu and he didn't even ask us what we wanted to drink.

We tried several times to make him understand that we would like two Singha beers both in English and finally in Thai.
Not a great start, but we decided not make a big deal of it and concentrate on the menu.

My friend highly recommended me to try the beef burger, as it is a speciality of the house. So I did.
And again, we had to get the attention of our waiter and explain that I also would like one glass of red wine with my meal. I got an empty glass and a whole bottle of wine, that we finally decided to share and which nobody bothered to poor in our glasses for the rest of the evening.

Burgers came and I must admit that the appearance was yummy but after trying the first bit, our disappointment was obvious: cold chips and overcooked meat. And yet it is fair to say that my friend insisted on previous visits the homemade burger was excellent.

Strange feeling about this place and it's staff. No coordination between owner, staff and clients..

My friend and I will not recommend to drive all the way to Ao Po if the only reason of doing so it's to intend to have a meal at the Quarterdeck.

6  Thank Uxia_Olsson
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Superb food in a beautiful setting.....friendly, attentive staff who really make you feel welcome. Great menu, reasonably priced and great atmosphere. What more can I say....what did I eat? a feast....we left it to the owner to recommend and the food kept coming....I have to say that the food was beautifully presented as well. Have already recommended to friends from the UK and in Hong Kong. Will definitely be going back when next in Phuket....Adam keep up the good work!!