“Overpriced”

and up
June Bahtra: Full Day Lunch Cruise Phang Nga Bay by Chinese Junk Boat
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With a capacity of less than 30 guests per cruise, this cruise offers a relaxing way to admire the spectacular scenery and visit popular tourist attractions in Phang Nga Bay, Phuket, Thailand, with enough time to enjoy swimming in the ocean.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

OK, the boat is beautiful, even if it broke and we had to change ships in the middle of the day, but in my opinion, this day tour is overpriced for what you get and see... The James Bond rock is ridiculous, as well as the supermarket organized around. The Muslim village is disgusting, smelly, and with nothing to see in it. This has nothing to do with the company itself, but I expected more of want we were about to visit.
Regarding what depended on the company/boat, the guide spoke bad English, and he only explained the timelines, nothing about the landscape or history. The food was just correct, but so inferior of the Thai food we had eaten everywhere else...
The best thing of the trip was the bay itself, and the trip to get there. the landscape is so beautiful!

2  Thank avo77
There are newer reviews for June Bahtra Phang Nga Bay Day Trip

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Sailing the Phang Nga bay on a Chinese junk boat is probably the best way to visit this area.
It's a slower pace but still very enjoyable. The boat is quite comfortable and the staff is very attentive. Food on board is good and plentiful. You have plenty of time to take in the sights and even time for a swim in the warm waters on the way back. The cost is very affordable
The only somewhat lower points are the visits to the "James Bond" island and the 'fishing' village on stilts. The island is packed with tourist and stalls selling the usual touristy crap. Make sure you have ear plugs with you as you will be transferred to the island via motorised long tail boats. Their engines are deafening. The floating fishing village would probably best be left out. It's really a market on stilts surrounded by rather depressing poverty. Luckily its only a short visit.

2  Thank A_goat
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I gave this trip 4 stars because they do it 'the best'. I mean, it's a must right to go see the National Parks/Islands but boy it's kind of crazy. James Bond Island is packed with folks and it's better to see from afar. The fishing market was awesome and I wish we could have explored longer there and shopped longer...I felt really rushed to the back market as if the tour gets a cut of the sales there? It was strange. Overall, the staff is attentive, Chen our guide was fun and the food was good. If you want to see the islands, this is the way to go.

2  Thank BoxStudioLLC
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had a total blast on this trip, one f the best side trips while visiting the Island of Phuket. Easy relaxed paced, great service and attentive staff and good food.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I did this tour with my wife & 3 yrs kid. I chose this because I wanted to avoid bumpy speed boat as well as crowd. I wanted to do this cruise more of a leisure rather than action packed trip. I say it's fantabulous & worth. It's not cheap 3700 THB per person but it's definitely worth. the boat is very relaxing & spacious. Staffs are fantastic & courteous. They provide guide who speaks decent English & for us it was Mr. Tom who was fantastic.With us there were another 3 more families & it was luxurious. Had lunch buffet on the boat itself while sailing & the lunch was simple at the same time good as well as tasty. I do recommend this trip if you are having kid or want to avoid too much island hopping as well as crowd.

The trip takes you to James Bond Island & the Floating Gypsy village. it starts right at the morning starting from pick up from the hotel at around 7.30 AM to 5.30 PM. I think it's worth.

3  Thank anir2k