“One of the best Indian restaurants in phuket”

Deepavali Indian Restaurant - Bangtao Place
Ranked #111 of 403 Restaurants in Thalang District
Cuisines: Indian, Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You are assured of a warm and friendly welcome at Deepavali, whichever location you choose. Each restaurant is a little different but with a common theme and consistently high standards. You may be one of our many, and often returning guests living here in Phuket; or here for a vacation in this tropical paradise. Let our chefs and staff pamper your tastebuds. You will not be sorry!!
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The food is very tasty and service is excellent. You get both Indian Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian options.

Restaurant is located near the Laguna Area (close to Bang Tao Beach). They provide delivery as well and I think that covers almost all of the Laguna area. If you are a bit lazy and do not want to walk to the restaurant then just call them from the hotel and they will deliver your order within 25 min (thats what I did during my stay in Outrigger Laguna).

1  Thank mohitsham
There are newer reviews for Deepavali Indian Restaurant - Bangtao Place

Reviewed June 6, 2014

we ordered takeaway from here and the food is very very tasty. good indian food in phuket if you want a change. though a bit spicy for us inspite of telling them to make it less spicy( i guess they didnt get the order right). good variety of veg food. a must for indian food lovers

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

The food was top notch. Restaurant was really nice but could do with some music. The staff are a little timid but I'm sure that will improve with experience. Would definitely recommend to anyone for some nice Indian cuisine

1  Thank DerekMcH
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

After searching for a different cuisine in Thailand (being sick of all the Thai food) we came across this gem on tripadvisor! One issue was that we couldn't find anyone who knew where it was so It took us a while to find!

Such amazing service, incredibly delicious food! So many vegetarian options! We landed up going twice in 2 days we loved it so much. The manager is a real gentleman.

Highly recommended spot!!!

1  Thank Romzelamelb
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This is a must visit if you appreciate excellent Indian food! Its CASH ONLY!!, so make sure you have plenty! It isn't cheap compared to other restaurant's near by, but the quality is there, the taste and the cooking skills. I had a dhal soup to start with. It was divine. The tastes rolled over my pallet with each spice and herb offering its own unique flavour, with none of them overpowering the others. The balance was wonderful. I had this as a starter on both my visits. The first visit i had chicken with spinach and steamed rice. That too was divine. But it was the fish on the second visit that made it for me. It just melted in the mouth. You could easily taste the freshness of the fish alongside the curry gravy it came with. The rice was the best i have eaten in Thailand so far. It must have been washed and drained as you couldn't taste the hessian bag it usually comes in. The grains were soft and fluffy, no one grain stuck to the other. The nan bread with butter was perfect. It wasn't like your usual nan, thick and bready, it was thin and crispy, and the salted butter melted onto it was heaven. My mouth was a joy of flavour and bliss!! To complete my meal i had to try the gulab jaman, these are very often dry and too firm inside, and cooked in the oil along with the pakoras etc, but there was no invading curry taste at all. They were hot, fresh, sweet and delicious. This experience was definitely one of the highlights of my holiday. The restaurant will even pick you up and take you home afterwards. Its air conditioned with seating outside. I would book during busy weekends. It can seats about 15 people inside.

It would have been more pleasant with some Indian music in the background instead of Ronan Keating!! Some of the girls must be new and did seem a little unsure about themselves. But im sure this will change as they gain more experience.

A must stop for lovers of the Great Indian Cuisine !!

2  Thank Maha Kavu