“Sorry I didn't visit Ocean before now---”
Review of Ocean Restaurant

Ocean Restaurant
Ranked #254 of 385 Restaurants in Thalang District
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Sorry I didn't visit Ocean before now---”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Had our last nite at Ocean. Simply asked for some fresh prawns with a spicy dipping sauce. Arrived exactly as described--- fresh and spicy, washed done with a cold beer-- perfect.

1 Thank Barry H

Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Good beach food but...”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Nice and friendly beach place. The food was good and plentiful and would have been really enjoyable if they'd brought me the dish I'd actually ordered. English isnt their strong point and unfortunately Thai isn't mine... so a break down in pigeon English mean't that the dish which turned up, although delicious wasn't quite what I'd expected. However my wife enjoyed her meal, so at least one very happy and satisfied diner. Am going back tonight, which I guess is a recommendation.

• Visited August 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Authentic Atnoshperic Restaura nt”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This Restaurant Has a tranquil and authentic Thai atmosphere. Set a long the beach a perfect place to eat some of the best pad thai I've tasted and watch the sun set. We visited the restaurant many tines during our stay and found the family who run the restaurant very eager to please

1 Thank BSARMH
new delhi
“Great Location, authentic but average food”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We arrived late into this restaurant with 30 minutes left for closing, and were asked by staff to hurry with the Drinks order. But it appears that the staff was in a hurry to leave and thus quality did suffer.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank vikrambhatnagar
Sydney, Australia
“Great flavoursome food, excellent value”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Indigo Pearl for a week in June and enjoyed the majority of our lunches and dinners at Ocean Restaurant. It is at the end of the stretch of restaurants on the beach (go right when you come out of Indigo Pearl) and far far better than the ones closer to the resorts which are always packed with travellers. It's just a few minutes walk from the resort. It is such a find. We really enjoyed the panang prawn curry, the chicken with chilli basil and the pad thai. The family running the restaurant were so lovely, preparing take away for us one night so we could eat it in the resort. Walk the extra few metres to Ocean Restaurant and you will not be disappointed.

Visited June 2011