“Splash Jungle rip off”

Book In Advance
More Info
$46.64*
and up
Splash Jungle Water Park Admission with Optional...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed May 15, 2013

What a disgrace that this is so expensive in a lovely destination such as Thailand
These prices far exceed similar attractions in Australia.
We took our 6yo there for a little fun and had no intention of using any of the attractions/facilities - so just to watch him and they wanted to charge us just about A$80 for the privilege just for Mum and Dad to watch him enjoy himself!
No problem paying $20 for him at all but $100 till he got bored...I dont think so!
They need to review this pricing. We were talking to a group of Thai people outside who were stunned and had 2 children in tears as they said they couldnt afford to go in.

1  Thank kezjo
Martin C, Water Park Operation Manager at Splash Jungle Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Khun Kezjo,

On behalf of the entire Water Park, I would like to thank you for coming to splash Jungle and for sharing your comments.

We take all guest feedback very seriously and it truly means a lot to all of us when you share with us.

We are very sorry that you did not get a splash-tastic first impression of our Water Park.

Our policy states that everyone entering the waterpark, whether they are planning on swimming or not, needs to pay the fees to enter.

This policy can, however, be deal with the Manager (Myself). Have you asked to discuss with the manager?

The word disgrace is, in my opinion, quite a strong word. I have been living in Thailand for many years and believe me, those prices were well thought. They are comparable to any activities on the Island.

Have you been to any other attractions on Phuket? You pay for a full day of fun and that is what people that come here are looking for!

I would understand someone that have to pay a 2,600 THB to be upset if his intention is to stay in the shade, not go in the water, and not do anything. A water park would not be not the best place for that person.
Have you tried any of our great slides? I hope you did and had a cool rush of adrenaline. If not, I would suggest to do it on your next trip to a water park.

Before you decided to come to splash Jungle Water Park on that day, were you aware of the price? If yes, i would say that you knew, but if it was not the case, I would strongly suggest to look at the internet site or trip advisor for your next activity.

Concerning the Thai people, I am sorry but, I find it hard to believe that they were not able to pay as we do have really great special rates for them and everyone on the island know about it.
If it was the case, we will in a near future do some more promotion for the water park and the Thai Resident. However, our prices will stay the same for our non Thai resident.

For your future holiday or vacation, I would suggest to come and Enjoy our Centara Grand West Sands Phuket. Our guests here can come to the water park everyday for free!!! We have great deals for our rooms and villas as well as many incredible activities like: Flying Trapeze, Circus school, Water Park, Kids Club Day Camp, E-zone and much more activities.

Hoping to see you on your next trip to Thailand. Do not be afraid to ask for a manager when something seems not to be fair or wrong.

Thanks again for your comments.

Best Regards,

in 28 reviews
"lots of fun"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good family Fun. Get there early to get a lounge chair, otherwise the rus take them all. Its not cheap especially for Thai stds about US$40 for adults & US$25 for kids now they have removed the family package all adds up, but once there its great fun with multiple area's for kids or all ages.

For younger kids there's a splash play area, slides, climbing ropes, themed water features, all at ankle biter water levels. Most parents seemed to feel it safe enough to sit in lounge chairs while kids played.

Then the slightly older kids or adults not comfortable with fast rides, or even a slower pace, they have a river ride, grab hold of the tube supplied and coast around the river, doging psudo waterfalls, makes for a pleasant paddle.

Next are tall slides, a littlies and toe dippers version with tube (White). Green for fast paced body sliders (Green) and try the (Blue) on for a slide in the dark, that has you disorientated & unaware of position makes it seem like you're doing loop the loops

The next level up is a slide that reminds me of a toilet bowl. You come shooting out of a slide, going round and round the toilet to be spat out the bottom into main pool

Die Hards and adrenaline junkies, (not faint hearted) you shoot out a slide up a vertical wall, getting closer to the top until you slow down enough to scream as the tube comes sliding down the vertical wall and out to pool - everybody screems.

They give you a personal key for lockers in change rooms, now you don't need cash, as both restaurants charge your key number for food and drinks, which you pay on exit. A great idea in my mind for personal security, and many people leave their belongings unattended.

1  Thank Mon S
Martin C, Water Park Operation Manager at Splash Jungle Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Mon S ,

Greetings from Sunny Phuket!

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience at the Splash Jungle Waterpark! Our goal is to create a high-quality, appropriately valued venue for family entertainment for people of all ages, and we’re pleased to hear that your entire party enjoyed their time.

I am also thrill to read that you took advantage of our wristband technology that allows our Splash Jungle Water Park to be cashless.

You description of the Water Park is, in my opinion, one of the best I have read yet. This is exactly what the Trip Advisor readers want to know.

Concerning the family package, it is still in on. We do have special promotion for families and groups. However those packages are mainly for the Thai resident and expat.

I greatly appreciate the time you put in writing this review

Martin Cote
Water Park Operation Manager.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We went with our 1 yr old and 4 yr old. The lazy river was great to sit with our 1 yr old in a tube and cruise around the park. Our 4 yr old loved the Small slides and the climbing frame with slides. My husband and I loved the big slides. The park is small but not busy so was great to go on and off anything you wanted whenever you wanted to. We went for had a day which was long enough. We would go back again with the kids.

Dear Claire and Rich,

Greetings from Sunny Phuket!

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience at the Splash Jungle Waterpark! Our goal is to create a high-quality, appropriately valued venue for family entertainment for people of all ages, and we’re pleased to hear that your entire family enjoyed their time.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed and had some adrenaline rush in our bigger slides.

The lazy river is effectively proper for any age and can be a great time of relaxation for parents with younger kids.

Martin Cote
Water Park Operation Manager.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Ok, so its not an all singing and dancing high tech water park, and it is quite dated, but, it has everything from a mini climber splash pool for toddlers to the bigger slides for fearless children and parent alike!
My 8yo loved it and went 3 times in 10 days.
Tips - remember to take towels and eat before you go there. Food is available, and OK, but only fast food really, and not great at that.

Dear Katie,

Greetings from Sunny Phuket!

For your future holiday or vacation, I would suggest to come and Enjoy our Centara Grand West Sands Resort and Villas Phuket (Annex to the water park). Our guests here can come to the water park everyday for free!!! We have great deals for our rooms and villas as well as many incredible activities like: Flying Trapeze, Circus school, Water Park, Kids Club Day Camp, E-zone and much more activities.

3 time in 10 days... That is fantastic. Maybe you can contact me next time you come to Phuket (if you do not stay with us) and we could arrange a special package for you and your family(if you want to come many time). You may contact me by mail @ martinco@chr.co.th

Water Park Operation

See more reviews
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We completed a two week stay at Marriott Phuket Beach Club requiring check-out at 10AM. Our Air Asia flights were at 4PM. Splash Jungle Waterpark was a perfect fit to bridge our schedule.

This was our first water park experience with our 6 yo son. Total price for admission of my wife, son and I was higher than I expected (about $110); however, I would consider we received value of the money. The changing rooms were large, clean and safe. My wife had lunch while my son and I used the lazy river (it has no rapids). We moved to the wave pool where we spend most of the four hours we were there. Wave pool is popular and well attended by lifeguards. Wave patterns varied and water cannons were good. There are larger quantities of dead bugs in the eddys. My son was very excited to use the tubeless open water slide (about five stories high). I was a little more cautious. There were also tube options, closed options and options about 20 feet higher.

At the conclusion, our trip to the airport was about 20 minutes. We plan to return to Splash Jungle Waterpark and Marriott next year, but would probably go more frequently next year as this was one of the better Phuket attractions for young children.

1  Thank facorsig

Dear (guest),

Greetings from Sunny Phuket!

I would say that the description that you mad of our water park would have been one of my own. I was extremely pleased to read you.

I do understand that you really enjoy the Marriott and that it is a great hotel. However, for your future holiday or vacation, I would suggest to come and enjoy our Centara Grand West Sands Resort and Villas Phuket (Annex to the water park). Our guests here can come to the water park everyday for free!!! We have great deals for our rooms and villas as well as many incredible activities like: Flying Trapeze, Circus school, Water Park, Kids Club Day Camp, E-zone and much more activities.

If you still prefer the Marriott, well, you are doing a good choice. If you decide to come many time at the water park, you can write me back and I could arrange a special package for you.
You may contact me at: martinco@chr.co.th

Martin Cote
Water Park Operation/ Sports & Leisure Manager.