Our family of 4 recently spent four nights at this hotel, and while it was nice, it wasn't exceptional and it was a bit pricey for what we got. I'll start by saying that this was not our first choice hotel...we had a reservation mixup on our end and had to find a hotel in Phuket just a few days before leaving the US, and this hotel is the one that seemed nicest of what was available on short notice. I'd suggest one of the hotels close to Surin Beach if you're making your reservations far enough ahead of time.
The layout of our 2 bedroom suite was good, but the beds were VERY firm and there was almost nothing to use in the kitchen other than a few drinking glasses. We did have a nice view of the pool area and surrounding scenery from our balcony, but the pool was pretty shallow and a bit of a dissapointment for our girls (ages 12 & 15). Continental breakfast and free wifi was included in our rate. The staff is nice, but it does take some effort to work with their limited english speaking abilities. We had one incident where the driver said he knew where the restaurant we wanted to go to was, but he took us to the wrong place and we had to backtrack for about 10-15 minutes to get to the actual restaurant, which is really only about 5 minutes away from the hotel. They do provide a shuttle to both of the beaches near the hotel...Bangtao Beach and Surin Beach...which is nice. Both are within walking distance, but when it's 90 degrees and REALLY humid, it's nice to have a ride.
We enjoyed Surin Beach the most, although Bangtao Beach is much longer and still a nice area. We went to Surin Beach two days in a row and rented umbrella shaded loungers each day for 150 THB ($5US) each for the whole day. There are nicely cordoned off swim areas, several pay-to-play activities such as jet skiis and parasailing, and plenty of beach cafes...definitely visit the food vendors right by the entrance to the beach, as you can get cold bottled water and sodas, fresh cut fruit and fresh off the grill chicken satay for cheap...our girls also loved the made to order banana "pancake", which is more of a banana filled crepe smothered in Nutella...yum! And, be sure to get a Thai massage while you're on the beach...one hour for 300-400 THB is SO worth it!
There are also some good restaurants in the area...we liked The Bistro in the Bangtao Beach area, and Toto Italian which is a bit more of a drive. Definitely experience a tuk-tuk drive back to the hotel after dinner...it's an experience:) Overall, for the money we paid I would have stayed in a hotel closer to Surin Beach, but this hotel was fine, just not great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE LUXURY OF SPACE - generous 190 sqm. Two Bedroom Suites, spacious 76 sqm. One Bedroom Suites. Full European kitchen & kitchenettes. Set in Bangtao’s peaceful village, Bangtao Tropical Resort & Spa offers large suites suitable for family holidays and romantic breaks. The restaurant offers sumptuous Thai feasts and tasty western treats.The staff are trained to give the highest levels of service to make your stay a truly unforgettable experience.Tone up in our state of the art gym or chill out in our spa with a sauna or steam bath followed by a fabulous Thai massage or beauty treatment.Enjoy cocktail's at sunset around our enormous free form pool with built-in Jacuzzi and safe children s play pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Bangtao Tropical Residence Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bangtao Tropical Residence Hotel Thalang
- Bangtao Tropical Residence Resort And Spa
- Bangtao Tropical Residence Resort & Spa Phuket, Thailand