What a place! Really if you want somewhere to relax and chill out this place is for you. The room was really great - spacious and with a big bathroom - large shower and bath along with an outdoor shower. The jacuzzi suite we had came with TV/dvd/fridge etc. We were there for a week and didn't use the main pool at all.
The room was cleaned daily and was always spotless and the pool was also cleaned daily if you wished.
The hotel has a great spa - although I found the honey special to be a little too long - 4 1/2 hours of pampering is obviously too much for me!!
On our second last night they set up a private table on the beach for us surrounded by candles which was lovely.
Everything you spend is charged to your room - which makes tracking how much your spending difficult. But we where shocked by how little we spent in a week. Our bill was about 900 euro for the week. This was every meal apart from breakfast which was included in the room rate. Drinks/mini bar/4 1/2 massage along with 2 other massages each.
They have dvd's to borrow to watch in your room - probably 200 movies to choose from. The dvd in the room would not play Irish dvd's. Would be cool if the dvd players were multi region.
The negatives - the resort was very quiet and often we were the only people in the restaurant which meant the staff were a little too attentive e.g. you had only taken a sip of your drink before it was refilled - only just put your fork down before the plate was taken away. We be great if the staff would back off a little and leave you be to enjoy the place.
Also meals were delivered very fast - starters were barely finished before the main course came out. So meals that we would have liked to have taken our time with were very rushed. But we figured out the way to overcome this (and not just at the chandara) was to only order a starter then later order your main course.
We had room service a few times because the over attentive service was tiresome.
The choice of food does become tiresome after a week - the room service menu/the main restaurant menu and the pool bar menu are all the same. But I must say its very good quality & cheap by Irish prices.
One word of advice to anyone going to Thailand - not just the chandara - is too stock up on mosquitto repellant and Fucidin H. They seemed to like us and the first few days we got bitten plently of times.
Overall we wre delighted with our choice of hotel - the staff can't do enough to help you. We were given an hours Thai lesson by one of the waiters (Nui) which was really good of him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Absolute Chandara Resort & Spa in Phuket, Thailand. Reserve online now and get instant confirmation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Absolute Chandara Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Absolute Chandara Hotel Thalang
- Absolute Chandara Resort And Spa
- Absolute Chandara Resort & Spa Phuket, Thailand