“Loved it, will definitely be back!”

Seapines Villa Liberg
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is our second trip to Nai Yang, the first time we stayed at L'Esprit de Nai Yang which was good in itself but nowhere near as convenient for everything as Sea Pines and none of Sea Pines lovely character and charm. We had a poolside bungalow for 10 days which was perfect, very roomy, spotlessly clean and all the amenities you could want. The beach is just a short 5 minutes stroll away. The staff cannot do enough for you and are very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely come back to Nai Yang and most definitely our choice to stay will be Sea Pines.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Seapines Villa Liberg

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I picked Villa Liberg/Seapines because it had character....Khmer villas/houses with a salt infinity pool, beautiful gardens and water features. We liked the fact that it only had 12 rooms and was quiet even with an airport nearby....just birds and geckos. Service was fantastic ...at 9:30pm when we called as the A/C was blowing right at us the manager sent for someone to fix it. Two sisters built the guesthouse and manage it. We felt we were part of the family as we stayed there for 6 days. Other guests were very friendly. Some said they had stayed there the last year. NIt ordered in Rice milk for me.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are the biggest with lots of room around the bed, double sinks, frig and tv. Villa p...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed here for our last night on Phuket as it is close to the airport. Had we known how beautiful it was going to be we would have had several nights here! Our room was lovely, very comfortable beds complete with mosquito nets, and delicious breakfast. The amazing beach is an easy 5 minute walk away, and there are lots of good places to eat, have a massage, a manicure and shop! We were very sorry to leave!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had an early flight so booked in Seapines/Villa Liberg as it was close to the airport. Nai yang was a pleasant beach, quiet despite numerous tourists and a larger local population than what we expected anywhere in Phuket. We had a basic room to keep costs low.

Pros: prompt service, clean rooms, they provided conditioner and shampoo, hair dryer etc. We didn't have any mosquito issues and even went for a night swim. They burn citronella oil in their tiki torches to keep bugs at bay. There is a safe and fridge in your room.

Cons: you can hear your neighbours in the morning but this isn't really the place to be partying so you won't have had too late of a night.

Tip: look around when booking a taxi to the airport. The person right beside SeaPines charges far too much for the distance.

Room Tip: We found the basic rooms more than serviceable and had great wifi. Don't know if you really need...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The lady at the front desk is nice, and pleasant. The place is small but pleasant (bring mosquito repellant). They do put out coils in the common areas also.

Unfortunately, more than a few glitches for my stay.

I asked for a quiet room for our romantic vacation, but instead got a noisy one next to the breakfast room with voices early in the morning waking me up. No apology or acknowledgement when I mentioned it.

There was also sand on my sheet overnight, which made me feel uncomfortable about the bed but fortunately we were changing rooms anyway.

They then charged my credit card without asking, and I had to get it voided as we were paying cash. I only knew after I asked.

I could put up with all that..the lady was very nice as well as the breakfast guy.

On the last day, they accommodated a couple for an earlier breakfast but we had been told that there was none. When we saw the dining couple in the morning, the lady boss said that they just didn't see us the day before to tell us. This is even though we were milling around the morning, returned in plain sight at 1pm and 6pm the day before to our rooms, and passed both bosses!!! There is also the concept of approaching guests or maybe that was too much work for them, or it was just cheaper for them to give us the cheap packaged Thai goods.

So, instead of a proper breakfast which would have made a big difference to a very long full travelling day and night ahead, we got a packed breakfast of odd items like nuts and wafers instead whilst the couple they chose to accommodate dined on the included breakfast leisurely. The wafers tasted like cheap junk and I needed to buy breakfast all over at the airport.

Very unhappy and so inconsiderate of them - so much so that I am writing this review at the airport. At 3000 THB for the peak season, well over double/triple the norm which I thought I would pay based on the good TA reports - you would think they would have thought a bit more - but the whole feeling made it very low value for my taste. I was unhappy about the last experience in particular & to say they couldn't find us made it unhappier when were in the room the entire evening, and around lunch time.

Note that it's not a typically large villa or resort per se, but a small, character B&B and goes under two names. On the plus side, airport is close, it does look like it has character, plus the front desk boss is very nice in person.

Nai yang feels kind of laid back yet during peak it is still busy. There are many restaurants serving salty, oily Thai food..if you absolutely love beaches and the Thailand feel, you might like it but I much prefer Chang Mai. It is much smaller scale than Patong etc and many people like it because it doesn't have the girlie bars. Phuket airport was also very busy over the NY holiday period.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MexicoNatalie
Reviewed January 6, 2013

my husband and I stayed here during 3 nights before our monthly journey from island to island. the hotel is just GREAT. its personal is friendly, always smiling and ready to help. i believe we will come back here for a night or two before going to airport.

Room Tip: i would recommend to chose room near to pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had booked a night here, to relax a bit before moving on to the islands (was in Chiang Mai before). Taxi drivers will know where it is as long as you mention its next to the Indigo Pearl. I had a room with an extra large bed, tv, fan and pool side view - for 2800 baht I thought this was good value. The 2 lady's that work there are fantastic, very hospitable and helpful. For example, they rented out the scooter to me so I could go to NaiThon beach, they gave me a bottle of mosquito spray since I didnt have one, they let me stay by the pool until my check in time etc. I enjoyed the islands but the rough beauty of Nai Yang called me back again and although I had not booked a room, I was fortunate enough to knock on the door and for there to be a room available. It's not that far from the airport to walk (I did it with my backpack in around 30 mins), but if you stay more than 2 nights they will drop you off (providing they have the car). Its a very short walk to the beach, and very quiet at night (which is a good thing). Continental Breakfast is included, which was ok. This place has character and a quiet charm and I would come back with a partner if I am ever there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo