The staffs were very welcoming and the the tents were neatly made. The surrounding and beach in front (during high tide) gave a beautiful look to the resort. The advantages of the resort you can read from number of reviews here. What is missed out in most of the reviews are the disadvantages. The main cons of the resort were
- The beach looked filthy when the tide was low.
- The beach wasn't clean. If you would like to venture into the sea for swimming, it's sure you'll come out with cuts because of broken glasses. (I got my souvenir)
- Not all tents embrace nature. Except for few, most of the tents have asbestos roofing. Not considering the health effects (It is banned in most of the countries), asbestos roofing is definitely a discomfort for sleeping. Especially if you want an afternoon nap. We were forced to rest in the beach instead of the room because of the heat.
To sum up, if you want to enjoy swimming and the sea, this is not the place to go in Phuket. There are lots of better beaches in Phuket. If you just want to relax seeing the beach and the greenery around this place is a definite yes. But make sure you ask for a room with thatched roof and not the asbestos one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Possibly the only Luxury Tent-Island Resort in Phuket. The limited use of this small-unspoiled Island hideaway enhances the genuine feeling of inner peace. Guests are provided with oil lamps and candles used for light while electricity are generated and used only in the restaurant area. Luxury tent accommodations under the palm trees and the stars in permanent tent structures comfortably furnished with wooden floors, raised 6 ft. bed, en suite bathroom. Chill out at your own outdoor terrace. All units have magnificent view of Phang Nga Bay and stunning beauty of surrounding islands. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tenta Nakara Hotel Thalang
- Tenta Nakara Phuket, Thailand