The eco-friendly ressort of Tenta nakara on the sleepy island of Koh Naka feels like a haven of peace and serenity just 20' by long-tail boat off busy Phuket. TN is based around 16 or so tents built into wooden structures well separated from each other in a preserved natural environment. The tents offer quite a high level of comfort with good if hard beds, private decked terraces and attached open roof washroom (taking a shower under the moonshine is a must). The resort has its own access to the sea and includes a massage area. Enjoying the warm seawater is best at high tide. At other times, you will be able to rent 2-seat kayaks, take a walk to the fishing village on the other side of the island, the resort will arrange excursions at your request or you can go to the larger beach further on where Phuket tourists come to snap a picture of the granite rocks rising from the sea (which are your daily treat). It is in principle a no electricity in the resort and hence no hot showers but the water is normally warm enough for showers and shaving. But at 6 pm, the resort lights up for 4 hours at the sound of US West Coast Rock, Southern white blues or the occasional jazz piece, the owner Pol's obvious favourite stuff, time to enjoy very good thai food cooked with enthusiasm and proficiency by the house cook. Time also to reconnect with the world enjoying the free wi-fi and to recharge your various hi-tech gear in the plentiful sockets provided around the restaurant area. A 10 pm electricity switches off and you can either regain your tent or enjoy a last drink or do some reading at the light of the old-fashioned oil lamps that are provided at the pure sound of nature. A walk on the beach will reveal the bustling activity of crabs. Finally, this idyllic place comes at a very economic price: we paid 18.400 THB (about €95) a night for a 2-room tent for 5 at Christmas time breakfast included. TN gives an almost incomparable feeling of freedom for both couples in a romantic outing or families with small children like ours. But, the area in which TN probably stands unrivalled is the incredible warmth and availability of the staff and home dogs Dara and Chaia probably inspired by the tranquil but alert management style of Pol and his manager Sak. The image of the whole staff gathered on the beach and waving us farewell will remain engraved in our memories for ever as a symbol of Thai hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Possibly the only Luxury Tent-Island Resort in Phuket. The limited use of this small-unspoiled Island hideaway enhances the genuine feeling of inner peace. Guests are provided with oil lamps and candles used for light while electricity are generated and used only in the restaurant area. Luxury tent accommodations under the palm trees and the stars in permanent tent structures comfortably furnished with wooden floors, raised 6 ft. bed, en suite bathroom. Chill out at your own outdoor terrace. All units have magnificent view of Phang Nga Bay and stunning beauty of surrounding islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tenta Nakara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tenta Nakara Hotel Thalang
- Tenta Nakara Phuket, Thailand