“a hidden gem in Phuket”

Ranked #9 of 96 Hotels in Thalang District
Thailand
“a hidden gem in Phuket”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

this is one of my fave hotels of all time. Only 20 mins from the airport and a perfect location to get away from it all and relax in the sunshine. There's a choice of lounging by the 50 m pool, or at the twin palms private beach club. Very chilled and relaxed, a fabbo breakfast and the best evenings watching the sun go down in the very hip beach bar. It gets busy in peak periods (european summer and nov-jan) so book early if you're planning a trip there. Also worth signing up on their mailing list for specials. We visited for a friends birthday and the hotel threw in the rental of a private room to host a bday lunch for free.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank lakeroyd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 24, 2011

This was my first visit to Twin Palms and it will be my last. This was my tenth visit to Thailand and multiple visit to Phuket. Yes, Surin Beach is lovely and quiet. However, the poor service at this "Five Star" resort was disappointing to say the least. Previous reviewers have warned about not even touching the sun tanning products in the room. Take heed, don't touch the sun tanning as they tried to say that the label was broken and we opened the box. We had a brief dispute with the manager upon check-out. My girlfriend and I stayed in a Deluxe Palm room and it was clean and comfortable however, in the morning, as workers setup the pool area and serviced other rooms, it was extremely noisy every day. Although the breakfast buffet was adequate, the service was not. Even though they were not that busy, we always had to ask for refills for water, juice and coffee. The staff at the resort seems preoccupied and complacent.
The rave reviews are overblown especially for the barbecue on the beach. Based on the lavish praise from other reviewers, I took a chance and regretted the overpriced, mediocre food and lackluster service. The only time the staff got excited was when they tried to scam us about opening the box of suntan lotion.
Proximity to the airport is nice and the physical plant is attractive enough however everything else goes downhill from there. This was one of the worst values I have ever had at a hotel in Thailand. I actually complained to the resort directly and no one ever responded. They may advertise that celebrities stay there however the regular guests are taken for granted.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Critical1
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 23, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel after a recommendation by a friend. The welcome was great, the room was also great, the facilities such as the pool were superb and the beachfront location was convenient. disappointingly, for the price per night the room service was terrible (we tried it twice and both times they lost our orders...) and the reception staff were not very knowlegable and did not seem to understand english well at all.
We also found the Catch Beatch Club associated with the hotel extremely expensive and the service not great either. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel however that oppinion would have likely been different had we been the types to want to stay at the hotel all day and eat all our meals there, but as we were very independant the fact that the food service was a little so so didn;t bother us as we only ate breakfast there.
If I were to make one recommendation to anyone considering this hotel - get the pool access room, we didn't and they looked fantastic, yes it meant having to close your doors / blinds if you wanted privacy but the outdoor balcony beside the pool with direct access would have been worth the small sacrafice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tabatha13
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2011

After comparing many hotels on Phuket I'm glad I chose the Twin Palms as it was the perfect destination for relaxation.

The hotel is about a 30 min drive from the airport. you are welcomed with a cocktail and flower lei in the reception pavilion. The staff are very friendly and although shy in the Thai tradition. The rooms surround the central pool which is a tropical oasis. Some rooms have direct access from their balconies at the far end of the complex. While at first I thought these would be wonderful, after being there a few days I was glad we had a first level room which was quieter as children will be splashing around the far end all day. If you want a quiet nap in the afternoon this is not what you want to hear.
The rooms are huge, well designed with wonderful open bathrooms with full length windows which look out on to a tropical courtyard. So you shower with a view of the garden. The beds are king size and have amazing soft sheets. The hotel gift shop also sells almost everything part of the hotel rooms so you can take home any part that you fall in love with. We did not have any mosquitoes on our stay which some other reviewers had complained about.
The Spa is ok. It has a long menu but most of the treatments seem pointless when there is a wonderful beach to enjoy, swim and relax in. The poor Spa staff did not have much business the day I went and seem to welcome the business.

The breakfast buffet is small but adequate. Staff are always present to refill glasses and remove plates. They juice fresh fruit for each guest and you sit out on the balcony enjoying the morning sea air. No complaints here compared to some other reviewers. I'd read that others complained about the room service, but I can't imagine wanting to stay in the room when there is some much choice to go out to eat and drink at Surin beach and the surrounding area.

The Catch beach club is the perfect way to enjoy the beach. Soft lounges, great cocktail list, friendly staff never far away and excellent food made it our favorite place to spend the afternoon or evening. It was hard to drag ourselves away to try another venue. The Friday night BBQ is a great change from the usual restaurant meal. Although 50m along the beach there is a dozen smaller beach front restaurants offering cheaper and mostly more traditional menus.

Overall, I'd be hard pressed to fault our stay and would go back in a second!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stephen787
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Trendy hotel. Modern bathroom. Comfortable bed. Beautiful pool. Porch doors open right to pool. Friendly staff. Perfect if you want to a break from the noisy part of town.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I came with my husband for one night to check out this hotel. We arrived and even though our reservation had disappeared into never never land (the booking site we used didn't confirm our reservation), Twinpalms matched our rate and we were in our hotel room shortly thereafter. It is a very modern hotel with a large swimming pool in the middle. We didn't get a lagoon room, which in my opinion, isn't worth the extra money, b/c our room was so close to the pool anyway. We enjoyed the beach club, which is across the road, through the park and down to the beach. We also enjoyed the free complimentary drinks from the hotel at the club.

We ordered room service b/c the food was 3 times higher at the restaurant. Room service was great, and the food was Thai style spicy. I had a steak, which was perfectly cooked. We also borrowed a dvd from the library to watch in our room.

I liked the window in the bathroom to the little garden, which provided nice light as well as the terrace from our room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Twinpalms Phuket resort in January 2010 (this was was my second visit) and it did not disappoint. We were appointed to the "Residences" villa's which were a luxury two story apartment with it's own pool, living area, kitchen, dining room. The rooms were well appointed and we were even given our own host! The decor is fabulously zen, uncluttered with tasteful touches of Thai antiques, I particularly love the oversized oval freestanding bathtubs and the Molten Brown toiletries were a nice touch. They even have a nespresso machine in each apartment just like home! All I can say, is I can thoroughly recommend Twinpalms, their hospitality upon arrival and throughout your stay is heartwarming and the resort is chic and blissful. One recommendation though if staying on the weekend and if you intend to have lunch at the Oriental Spoon (one of their restaurants) is to book in advance as they get quite busy, we have yet to try this out as we were unable to get a booking the last time we stayed. My wife and I are definitely looking forward to our next weekend getaway to Phuket so we can stay at Twinpalms. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
#3 of 34 in Choeng Thale

Been to Twinpalms Phuket? Share your experiences!