We stayed at the Twinpalms for more than a week ... its a lovely hotel, great facilities and mostly great staff.
We did have a number of issues:
Despite our SLH tier, as we booked thru a third party there was no option of an SLH room upgrade and the only option for any upgrade was the difference between what we had paid and the rack rate. We have never been to an SLH hotel which wouldn't accommodate an upgrade regardless of how the booking was made or how full the hotel was. We noticed other guests asking if they could upgrade their rooms and they again were given a quote which raised their eyebrows too.
Everything in the room has a price tag - toiletries, bug repellent etc which having stayed at multiple SLH and other 5 star hotels (where often even the bar fridge is complementary) was a bit of a shock.
Front desk were either fantastic (Linda and Ju were always amazing) or quite surly and unhelpful.
Our room was oddly furnished, the bed was wide and the room narrow so you could only walk around one side of the bed (not great at night)
Bar what seems like a gripey review so far ...
The hotel is beautiful, all but the most basic rooms are fantastic. The pool is lovely and we never had a problem getting a deck chair even on busy days.
Breakfast is delightful with fresh smoothies, champagne on ice, great egg chefs and wonderful staff who within a couple of days know your table, drink and coffee preferences.
The beach club (Catch) is great for an afternoon drink, one of the places to be seen in Phuket. Staying at Twinpalms gives you two for one happy hour drinks, perfect while watching the sun set over the Andaman Sea before heading off for dinner. If you do stay for the buffet dinner the food is amazing especially the bbq.
There were several weddings during our stay and they looked fantastic, despite the poor weather.
If you have stayed at 4 or 5 star hotels you will love the Twinpalms (as many other guests we met had said) but if you are used to SLH service you may be disappointed.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Twinpalms Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Twinpalms Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Twinpalms Phuket Hotel Cherngtalay
- Twinpalms Phuket Cherngtalay
- Twinpalms Phuket Thailand