All reviews beachfront bungalow private beach outdoor shower areas for improvement cheaper food open sky refreshing drink insect repellent the east coast beautiful room clean water clean beach thai massage breakfast included stayed for nights sea view quiet spot
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in December and loved the location. Friendly staff . It’s literally situated on the beach. Beautiful beach with clear blue water.
Rooms are decent and very clean. I never had hot water for my shower and the toilet didn’t flush properly.
My biggest disappointment was there was no coffee in the room. You literally had to wait till 7.30 am to get coffee from the restaurant. If you’re so early riser it’s a great inconvenience.
Had two massages at the poolside and it was really good.
Small swimming pool.
Staff were helpful and friendly at all times.
Breakfast is so basic. Cereal, bread, yoghurt and you can order eggs.
Not a pastry or pancake in sight. I asked for eggs with no bacon and received eggs with bacon.
Dinner is mostly Thai food. I ordered the green curry and it had no flavor at all.
Wi fi decent .
Beach is the highlight. Good stretch private of beach in front of hotel.
Will return .. hopefully they sort out shower and toilet issues

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

The hotel staff is very nice, they upgraded our room for free and they were very nice. The location is very good as it’s a quiet place but the beach is not clean . The water has plastics and is full of rubish. The other thing the hotel should improve is the food quality. It’s pricey and it’s not good at all.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

I booked a bungalow at this resort from Nov. 13th until Nov.23 rd 2017 took a limousine from Bangkok to Rayong.
Here at the harbour I was met by the staff of the resort and they helped me with the luggage and got me on their private
“Ferry” and off to their Resort.
First of all they had all resort guests to take on their livevest A good thing.
Arriving at the resort about half an hour later. Here the resort staff met us, I think there were about 20 other guests to check inn.

At the resort the restaurant staff welcomed us with a nice glass of juice. Had to fill in some registration paper and after that the office male staff followed us to the different bungalows. What a surprise, nice bungalow and well equipped Plenty of towels, nice bed, nice bathroom with all toiletries.

I got a special nice bungalow, called “Beach Front” only a few steps down to the nice beach.
They also have Sea Beach bungalows and Garden bungalow. There are only 4 or 5 Beach Front, bungalows in my opinion the best, because they are so close to the beach, but all the bungalows are almost the same inside, with may be a little different.

The restaurant is nice and big where they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. The a la carte meny have a very good selection of all dishes both Thai and European further more a wide selection of beers and wines and cocktails. I was special amazed about all the drinks you can order. FANTASTIC

One evening they had placed a lot of dinner tables on the beach with nice table cloths and napkins, where dinner was served, a very nice attraction and that evening we were offered a nice dessert a complementary from the hotel , that was highly appreciated by me.
Even the last evening I was invited by the management for a 3 course dinner which tasted so good a typical Thai/Indian dish I loved it. Thanks for that to the management

I have been to many Island resort in Thailand but I must say that this Mooban Talay resort is one of the better ones.
The area around the resort is nice there are no other resorts close by. The beach is also very nice clear water and very good to get your early morning swim, before breakfast. The breakfast is included for one person only, so be aware of that.
But of course you can have your breakfast a la carte if you wanted to pay, If there are more than one in your family.

My advise is to bring a beach towel with you.

The staff is extremely helpful when you get in touch with them or in the restaurant, the room maids, the garden boys the staff on the “ ferry” and not to forget the 2 male office workers, they also are very very special.

Mooban Talay Resort is such a nice place to be, but do something to get all the beach and bungalow furniture in a nice and better shape.

I like this place very much and I have already recommended it to some of my best friends and I am sure I will be coming back if possible.
Thanks again for a nice stay and to the WONDERFUL STAFF, they certenly do a great job

Regards

Jan.c.bronger@gmail.com

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights and what a delightful 4 nights they were.

We took to free hotel shuttle boat at 4 pm, the staff were at the pier and ready to great us. There was a short wait for dock space whilst the island transfer ferry disembarked and then the mooban talay ferry quickly and efficiently took its space.

I was a little nervous on the pier (the type where you’re irrationally convinced you will fall through the gaps!)

The staff could see I was a little scared and took great care in making me feel very safe and literally holding my hand

A beautiful 25 minute (or so) ferry ride we arrived at the hotel private pier, where we were immediately greeted by name, shown to reception and offered a delicious tropical fruit juice, we quickly completed our registration and were shown to our room.

Wow but a beautiful room, we booked a beach side bungalow, it’s rustic and relatively basic but spacious, clean and had all the essentials plus some lovely extras

The view is amazing, we felt honoured to be staying there

There were mosquitos in the room but the oil burner kept them away but you might want to invest in some good bug replant. I was also delighted that we had a couple of residents Geckos (nicknamed Gordon) so they will help keeping the bugs down

The food!!! The menu is pretty darn vast and the quality and presentation was excellent. The prices were pretty good too, certainly not hotel prices. The chicken fried rice and chicken with cashews were our particular favourites.

The hotel is pretty secluded, you can hire mopeds to get around but we chose to eat in the hotel every day.

The staff really made our stay even more enjoyable, very accommodating,

Don’t forget to book yourself in for a Thai massage by the pool over looking the sea

The pool is clean and spacious and the beech has beautiful white soft sands where are cleaned daily, the sea is so warm and clear

Overall we had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend a stay at Mooban Talay

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2017

A really tranquil boutique hotel 20 mins journey from the mainland. quiet well fitted rooms, a lovely sandy beach getting the sunrise for the early birds. Bathrooms with large showers and outside seating to relax in. The resort staff were so very friendly, the infectious Thai smile not forced. And the food was top quality, a real surprise at this price range. A word on the wifi. while never perfect it was much better than expected although i would not want to stream a film. But why would you want to when coming here for peace and relaxation.

Room tip: Beach front rooms have great views and Lotus Pool rooms are set back for even more peace and quiet
Date of stay: September 2017