“Nice clean room”
Review of Tok's Little Hut

Tok's Little Hut
Ranked #1 of 70 Rayong B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed at the bungalow complex in the 3rd week of November 2013.
The prices were cheaper when walking in.
The premise is situated several hundred metres west ( from central point) on the main beach Hat Sai Kaew.
The room we were shown was nice and clean, with a/c, fan, loo, fridge and TV.
Powerfull free wi/fi was the deal clincher.... We had fast steady wi fi 24/7 in our bunglalow, quite a distance from the reception and also wi fi on the beach too.
The only downer I can put on this place, is the politeness of the staff. Despite offering to pay my bill in advance, it was as if the staff were doing me a favour, allowing me to grace their premises...Rather than treating their customers with politeness and gratitude for bringing money to their business.
Rated 7/10... Resturant not yet checked for food.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Tok's Little Hut

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here for four nights in April and found Tok's Little Huts to be a quiet, clean and comfortable place to stay.
Koh Samet is no longer an unspoilt paradise - it is crowded and busy, with locals who are clearly jaded and sick of tourists. The island is also expensive compared to most other Thai islands so don't expect any bargains when it comes to accommodation. Having said that if you just want somewhere close to Bangkok it is also still an attractive place to visit with pretty beaches, good swimming and some nice bars and restaurants.
Tok's is slightly south of the main beach and the huts are built up the hillside in well established gardens. We paid 1300 baht a night for an air con room that had a TV, fridge and safe. The room was modern and well maintained, was cleaned daily and fresh sheets and towels were provided every day.
They have a beach bar and restaurant - the food was ok and the prices were pretty good. There was free Wi-Fi and when we left they arranged a cheap bus transfer back to Bangkok.
The staff (particularly on reception) are not the most outwardly friendly, but actually proved to be helpful and efficient and occasionally even cracked a smile.
Overall I think Tok's is a good place to stay on Samet, and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The further away from the beach the quieter the room, although be prepared to climb quite a few step...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

It's one rocky outcrop past the busiest beach, and is quieter than some resorts, no rock or karaoke at it's restaurant/bar, yet it is within easy walking distance of the town with it's shops and restaurants. Nice to walk straight down to the beach from the bungalow.
Receptionist is not outwardly friendly but has a sense of humor once you engage him a little.
No bottled water supplied, which is unusual for Thai hotels and resorts; it's a routine supply item.
Bungalows are good sized for the price and include AC.

Room Tip: Close to the Reggae Pub, whose singer does a wonderful impression of Bob Marley. The band is fun, b...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hotjam
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The location is great,right near the sea which it was wonderful.
The room was not bad,I could say nice,but the cleaning didn't impressed us,spiders left buildind cobwebs in the w.c.
The owner is not the ideal person for tourism,although I had no problem with him at all,he seems not to smile a lot.The staff was average.
Wi-fi only near reception and restaurant area,but sometimes was working,sometimes not.
If the rooms were 1000baht per night I would go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank justyannis
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed at this place for one night. The location is the only plus for this place. Ended up choosing this place because they first said that I could pay with my credit card. The price was 1500B a night, so I don't understand how some people write here that they paid just 1200B. When I said I would take the room, left my bags there and came to the reception, they said they take cash only. I asked them why they said I could pay with the card and the owner just yeld at me that they don't have the machine! I came back later and there was a woman at the reception. I asked if they had a map of the island, she just said "no map" and walked away without even trying to listen to what I had to say next. When I called her to come back, she yeld " what do you want? No map!" that was extremely rude!
I wanted to extend my stay by 3 hours. They said it would be 100B an hour. That was not a problem. Before I was leaving I asked the owner to give me a glass that I could take to my room. Before he gave it to me, he made a mean face and reminded that my extended stay is 100B an hour!
I have never seen or heard about such a terribly unfriendly stuff! No smiles, no hello, no thank you; just mean unfriendly faces and a treatment like you are some kind of a begger.
Otherwise the rooms are just ok. I had a broken safe in the room. Everything is quite old inside. Wifi works only at the reastaurant by the beach.
If I can suggest, get to one of the next beaches. They are by far better, cleaner and have nice cute huts.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank larisaaurora
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Im half thai and my thai cousin recommended this place on my first visit to Koh Samet. She said the owner finds it difficult to talk to foreigners which might explain the bad reviews there, but other than that it was amazing. Quiet, peaceful and beautiful. I stayed here with my thai aunts and if they enjoyed it then it must be good. A great place if you like to keep to yourself during the holiday. An easy walk to nearby attractions. the beach is fantastically quiet with massaged and food there daily. would only say that if you're scared of dogs avoid - as with many places in thailand stray dogs and cats roam where there is food....but they're so cute and timid it doesnt matter!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Maymay84
Reviewed September 9, 2012

we were originally going to stay elsewhere, but we wanted to be closer to the village area. our choice was between here and Jeps Bungalows just next door. i asked to look at both rooms, and Little Toks was by far the best one. they were both 1200 baht each, so the decision was obvious. the rooms were spacious, clean and modern. house keeping asked us everyday if we wanted our rooms cleaning, and they always did a good job. the food was brilliantly priced, and the breakfasts were all very tasty! the cafe area was right on the beach front - what more could you ask for! most of the staff were young and they were all very friendly - in true thai style they were all very laid back and relaxed. this should not be taken the wrong way! the owner of the place came across a little rude as he didnt really speak, but he was definately no problem.

if you want somewhere close to the action, but not right next to it, this is ideal. the price is good compared to other places of the same standard on the island, food is cheap and tasty, free wifi, right on the beach front and lot of lovely animals wandering about!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sophie H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rayong
Avatara Resort
#10 of 20 in Ko Samet
Samed Pavilion Resort
Samed Pavilion Resort
#3 of 61 in Ko Samet

Been to Tok's Little Hut? Share your experiences!