Was in Rayong on a business trip. Stayed here for 3 nights in a King-Bed Studio Suite. Rayong is very much a business town, most people who come here do not really come for the sand and the sea. Rayong seats in the heart of Thailand's oil and gas industry & is home to the Map Ta Phut industrial estate, Thailand's largest industrial estate.
(1) Good Sized Clean Rooms
As the hotel is positioned as a hotel/service apartments. The rooms are a good size, pretty comfortable if you had to stayed an extended period. According to the website the rooms are between 45 - 56 sq.m. The studio suite had a small kitchenette with stove and oven and all the cutlery/pots if you wanted to cook. & a small seating area with a dining table for two. Photos attached
(2) Shuttle Bus
The hotel provides a very useful shuttle bus to Laemthong , which is the largest shopping mall in the area. It has your usual big name food outlets including McDonald's, KFC, Sizzler, Baskin Robins and lots of other food options. There is a Cineplex on the top floor and a MK Supermarket on the 2nd floor. A boots pharmacy, Body Shop and more. An oasis for your necessities. Refer to photo attached with the shuttle bus timing, it leaves every 2-hour and stops at the properties under the group including Classic Cameo and Kantary Bay
It takes easily 15-20 mins to walk to the mall so the shuttle bus is really useful. The weather does get hot
(3) Great Service - Lobby Assistant (Apologizes forgot exact name , it was "Teerayth" or such)
He was the lobby assistant on duty on 28th April around 3pm when I check-in. As I just arrived and the shuttle was about to leave, and I wanted to grab a bite. He took the effort to drop a word with the shuttle bus driver to wait a minute for me while I dropped my stuff upstairs.
Next he also was the one who had to patiently fix my wi-fi issues on the night of 29th April when it suddenly decided to fail. All in all he patiently trouble shoot it from about 8pm-9pm before I could access the net. Really appreciate his efforts
(1) Wi-Fi Cost
Being a hotel positioning itself as a property for business travellers in a town essentially for business and not tourism , Wi-Fi should be free. It is an essential part of any business travel these days. The cost is was about 300 THB per day or 600 THB for a week. For a week the cost isn't very excessive, but these days many properties globally are moving towards free internet access.
(2) Location : Rayong is not a Tourist Town
So again this is not really the place to be if you want to base yourself to check out the tourist sites on the Eastern Seaboard of Thailand. Such as the island of Ko Samet. You might be better basing yourself out of Pattaya if tourism is your reason to be around Rayong Province.
However all in all, I would stay here again when in Rayong without any hesitation. Good size rooms, and the rooms are clean. Nothing to complain about the service. Service by all staff was good. All in all a calm oasis to return to at the end of a work day
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kameo Grand offers the very finest in short and long-stay accommodation with large, tastefully designed and comfortable rooms. Comprised of studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites, all accommodation comes complete with everything you will need for your stay. Facilities include an executive lounge, swimming pool, fitness centre and two restaurants. Kameo Grand boasts all the services of a fine hotel including room service, 24-hour front desk and maintenance, around-the-clock security and extensive meeting and function facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Kameo Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.