We stayed at this hotel three nights and found the breakfast buffet, room, gym and pool wonderful. The air conditioning was wonderful after a full day out and about.More
- Free Wifi
- Free parking
We stayed at this hotel three nights and found the breakfast buffet, room, gym and pool wonderful. The air conditioning was wonderful after a full day out and about.MoreShow less
We are glad to know that your 3 night stay at the Kameo House Rayong met your expectations and we look forward to your next stay with us.
I like this hotel, but it is just beside to the main road of Rayong. A bit noisy, and difficult to find taxis at night. Find a taxi at night is difficult to find everywhere in Rayong, but the hotel should have some taxis stand there waiting for passengers.
Stayed at Kameo in a studio room for 18 days for business purposes. The hotel appears to be quite new and my room was in a good condition and well equipped with TV (with HBO and several international channels), DVD and a stereo. It even had a fully stocked kitchenette which I however did not use. The bathroom is fitted with a shower cabin and a separate bathtub and water pressure is not superb but definitely good for Thailand. The bed was very confortable for my taste.
Included in the price is a rich breakfast buffet which covers European and Asian tastes as well. The pool area on the roof is very nice and the gym has some good equipment, they even have a small sauna and steam bath in the changing room.
Locationwise it's not that great but this is more because of what Rayong has to offer than the hotel itself. There are not many places around to eat at or have a drink. But the hotel offers free transportation to the Laemtong shopping mall that also has a cinema with English movies.
Reasons for not giving 5 stars:
- Internet is expensive and very slow. I paid more for a monthly connection than I pay at home and then I have to share it with dozens of other people. Also it's a pain because you need to sign in every time which is fun with a smartphone.
- Room cleaning needs to be more thorough. Yes, they make the bed every day and sweep the room but they don't seem to wipe surfaces and the carpet in the room seems to be never vacuumed.
- Restaurant staff is very friendly but useless. It takes ages to get your meals even if there are no people in the restaurant and at breakfast they scurry around like confused animals while you wait to get noticed for some coffee.
Thank you for choosing to stay at Kameo House, Rayong we are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay overall – including our breakfast buffet and facilities.
Please find the following clarifications in regards to your comments:
• For the benefit of guests, we provide free WiFi in all public areas of the hotel. Regrettably, our extremely reasonable room rates make it unviable to provide free in-room WiFi as well, but our internet fee is on par with most hotels in our price bracket. We offer a 4MB speed, which is shared by users, and have several packages to choose from, depending on the length of stay starting from 324 baht for 24 hours.
• Cleanliness is a top priority and rooms are dusted and vacuumed daily, moreover the carpet is also washed on a monthly basis. However, we will look into this matter and make sure that our housekeeping team is doing their job properly.
• As per your comment on our restaurant service, thank-you for bringing our staff’s shortcomings to our attention. The Restaurant Manager is looking into the matter and measures will definitely be taken to improve service.
Once again, we thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and do hope you'll stay with us again on your return to Rayong.
I was sent by my company to work at Map Ta Phut for a month, the stay at this hotel was a real pleasure, the room is well furnished, thoroughly cleaned. The tv has a reasonable no. of interesting channels, loads of japanese, of course there are english and you can also find french and german programmes.
However, the most impressing part of the hotel is its gym centre and swimming pool, which is located at the top floor, the swimming pool has a decent size with a spectacular view for the sunset (normally when I finish work and have some exercise before dinner). A real fantastic place for you to relax from your day.
The restaurant on the ground floor is quite nice as well, a great selection of chinese/japanese/thai cuisines, the steak house on the roof has a great atmosphere, a nice place to go if you want to impress someone.
The only drawback however from my point of view is the air-conditioning system in the room. I was surprised for a hotel of this size, they didn't use central-air-conditioning. The ones you get in your room works fine, however, I found it a bit annoying when after your room reached the temperature, it starts to emit a funny smell (I think it's the smell of freon). I hope this perhaps was only a rare case, other than that, a five star overall if you are a swimmer!
The service is very good. To be excellence need to adress the small things that related to customer satisfaction. For ex. to add on slippers in the hotel's room. Thanks
We had booked the Kameo Serviced Apartments in Rayong via our frequent flyer account using airmiles and did not expect much. We were very pleased to have been wrong with that...buildings are new and with spotless maintenence, staff is courteous and helpful (and speaks English), with the exception of maybe the breakfast room waitresses.
The rooms were nice, well furnished and appointed with usable kitchenette. The pool and the health centre are outstanding - recommended both for a short-time than a long-time stay.
Wi-Fi is usable and working without problems.