“Very Nice Stay and Relaxing”

Kantary Bay, Rayong
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Rayong
Bangkok
“Very Nice Stay and Relaxing”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Good service and Nice stay with clean room, private and great support for meeting

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Thai first
Khon Kaen, Thailand
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Not up to standard, this hotel is dated, old-fashioned furniture, old badly lit bathroom showing signs of wear which cleaning cannot deal with.
Check in was appalling, nobody helped with the baggage, front desk staff rude and unwelcoming. My 67 year old mother was left to wonder around the 8th floor of the main building trying to find her room, eventually when we lost our tempers with the front desk staff they showed us to our rooms, my mother’s room was in a separate block so no wonder she could not find it.
Breakfast is poor, bacon is cold or at room temperature for hours, a good place for bacteria to breed! I sent a comment card to the manager during my stay (day 2 of 3) he made no effort to respond despite seeing me in the hotel on many occasions. However although the staff do not take much care of the customers they go out of their way to make the manager comfortable, ensuring he enjoys a good evening meal with top service, shame they could not give the same attention to the customers. There are many hotels in Thailand and in this region I suggest you stay at another one where Thai service still exists. Complements to the bell staff on their friendly attitude without which this hotel would have absolutely nothing!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Bay, Rayong, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
On behalf of the management and staff at Kantary Bay, Rayong, please allow me to express my deepest apologies with respect to your experience during your recent stay with us. It was a shock for me to read your review on Tripadvisor as this is the first serious complaint we have ever received on this site. We shall do everything possible to ensure that no future guest has a similar experience in regards to poor service.

Unfortunately the comment card that you left at Reception during your stay was not brought to my attention until after you had already checked out. If we ever receive a complaint we understand the importance of taking action straight away, it would have been my preference to talk to you in person and I apologize your letter was not brought to my attention sooner.

Staff development and training are integral to our performance here at Kantary Bay as we constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. I am most apologetic that this was not case during your stay with us; I can assure you it is not the norm as demonstrated by our number 1 ranking on this site. Please rest assured that we value your feedback and will do everything possible to rectify the shortcomings you have pointed out.

This is the first complaint that we have ever received on this site and we shall do everything possible to ensure that no other guest has a similar experience with regards to poor service.

Once again, please accept my apologies, we wish for all our guests to take away good memories from their stay with us and it is with a great regret for us to know that you have not done so.

Regards

Sophon Hingpin
The Kantary Bay, Rayong
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I took my kids here for the long holiday weekend. The options were limited, as many hotels in Pattaya were booked - and I didn't want to expose them to the mess that is Walking Street and other seedy elements. Hua Hin was fully booked. So going a bit outside the usual range, I came across the Kantary Bay Hotel in Rayong. At around $100 / night for a fully equipped, well maintained one bedroom suite rooms in lovely hotel, this seemed a good deal.

First the hotel, which rates a strong 5. The rooms are quite big, well maintained, the kitchen is big enough for a weekend get away, with fridge, stove, microwave and other items. Plates, glasses, etc are all provided. Weirdly, there are no cleaning clothes, detergent or anything to clean up with - a small oversight they might want to consider addressing. The rooms were great - with flat screen TV and DVD player in the living room, regular TV in the bedroom, well laid out and spotless. The room came with a well done buffet breakfast, with all the usual items you would find in a 5 star. Two pools and a tennis court, plus a very good gym if that is your thing. All in all, quite nice.

The downside is the location. It is on the beach, but it is not much of a beach. The hotel should think about having its staff do a daily cleanup of the beach directly in front of it - there is quite a range of junk washing up, plastic remains, the leftovers of a picnic from the night before, garbage. They can't do much about the water, which like much of the Bay of Siam is a bit murky. There are some restaurants and such in the area, but this is not a tourist location, so they cater mainly to Thai customers.

So in summary, a lovely facility, which seems a bit strangely placed, in the middle of nowhere. For me, with a group of young kids, it was great. They loved the pools, we found a local driving range to hit some balls, played tennis, and swam with the locals as the sun set. Lunch was bought from a stand at the beach - one recommendation: have them grill up some squid and shrimp, for up in the room, which we enjoyed. If you are stationed in the local industrial park, the hotel would be a fine location - as long as you don't mind a bit of peace and quiet. For a family, it is also a good low cost location to get away for a few days, but again, don't expect much in terms of local diversions. For that, it gets a four.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Harkish
Reviewed November 25, 2010

this hotel is very nice, polite staff, and many seafood restuarant for choose, good taste & good price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2010

I like most area of Quiet place with good fitness equipment and
enjoyable swimming pool Jacuicci.It will be good if you have ifitness
instructor to iinstruct us during the used fitness center period for health
and safety condition. However I enjoyed during stayed with kantary Bay
Rayong.

• Stayed October 2010
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 24, 2010

My self , along with my wife and tow kids 8 yrs and 3 yrs, went on holiday and chose Kantary Bay Rayong as our hotel. First of all while driving, through the GPS itself the hotel could be located, reaching near the property gave a very good first impression. The rooms, the facilities (Table Tennis), swimming pool, Gym and off course restaurant / coffee shop are very well serviced and stocked. There is enough parking space for local exptratiates to park their vechile. Gentry was of proper quality, which added value too.
After a hectic schedule in work life, two nights stay at Kantary Bay Rayong, brough baack the requisite and we all returned rejuvanated. Would look forward to Kantary Bay properties, during our next liesure trip.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed November 24, 2010

I liked the clean room with freiendly service, and want to return there if I have another chance to stay. One thing I wanted you to improve was noisy airconditioner in the bed room.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business