“Nice place to relax by the ocean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kantary Bay, Rayong

Kantary Bay, Rayong
Ranked #1 of 55 Hotels in Rayong
London, United Kingdom
“Nice place to relax by the ocean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times now always found the place clean and friendly they have a nice bar area with nice lounge music or a singer some nights ,nice food in the breakfast /bistro ,nice pools right by the beach many place's to eat along the beach little tip you can use the hotel shuttle bus to take you to lamthong shopping center this is a nice place to spend a nice romantic weekend its not a pattaya but a nice place to have a chill out in nice surroundings

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Bay, Rayong, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
The Kantary Bay, Rayong, is pleased to have a positive endorsement from one of our regulars, and looks forward to seeing and serving you again soon. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Thai first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

People are very friendly from front office, housekeeping and F&B. The reading room is nice and relax with complimentary coffee, tea and snack. Complimentary breakfast has good choices. The only thing that not great is the cleanliness. We stay in Suite with 2 bed rooms. We can't step out to balcony or use cloth hanger to dry our swimsuit as the amount if dust is unbearable. Not count drawers in bed room, can't use it neither. Furthermore, when we go down to the cafe, table is full of dust with sticky mark. We have informed waitress to clean and she said this sofa normally no one use so we don't clean. We need to move as we are not sure with amount in cloth sofa. Overall, if you get good deal, it is ok place to stay just overnight.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Parin C
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at the Kantary Bay, Rayong, and the next time I am in town for business, I most likely will stay there again. The service was good, and staff very friendly. The rooms are big and spacious, and more than adequate for a short, medium or long term business stay. Room fittings are a bit dated, and bathroom could use a revamp, but everything is fit for purpose. Every morning there is a buffet breakfast with a wide variety of choice. The place is small and can get full, and staff can get stretched, but again for a business traveller I had no concerns. All in all, I left happy and will recommend the hotel to colleagues.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Hafedh A
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Bay, Rayong, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
The Kantary Beach, Rayong, is pleased to have your recommendation as a business traveller and looks forward to your soonest return for another stay with us in Rayong. Thank you for your observations.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

The welcome and service was very good with courteous staff. Room suite was spacious and very comfortable, great view from the balcony. Fine seaside location, hotel was kept secure. Breakfast buffet had a wide choice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Bay, Rayong, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
The Kantary Bay, Rayong, appreciates your snapshot commentary and looks forward to your soonest return. Thank you.
Bangkok
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

The Kantary and Cameo hotels have long been a brand I have trusted. I lived at the Kantary House for a year and was very happy there. I have stayed at Cape Panwa, Cameo Ayutthaya, and a two-bedroom at the Sri Racha one of the same chain. In the 18+ years I have been using this brand, this is the first time I have met bad service.

When we arrived at around 2 pm yesterday May 3rd, we checked in and were told that the two-bedroom we had booked for the family (including an 8-month old infant and our housekeeper) was not clean yet, so we needed to wait "less than an hour" in the words of the reception. We were asked to wait in the Reading Room where we enjoyed cups of coffee and some cookies.
The receptionist told me they would call us when the room was ready. After over an hour, no one had come to call us, so I went down check if they had processed the room yet. In normal hotels the housekeeping can breeze through cleaning and do it efficiently too, in under 30 minutes. Apparently the cleaning had finished but no one came to call us. In fact, the receptionist who had processed our check-in was nowhere to be found and a different one asked me if I wanted to check in.

We checked in. I asked if the hotel staff would take our bags up (including stroller, baby bathtub, two suitcases, a baby mattress. The receptionist said "Wait a moment please." At this point I really did not know what "moment" means to the Kantary Bay staff. (Remember waiting for the room for over 80 minutes?) So I opened the room for my family and the housekeeper and I went down to get our luggage by ourselves. When the reception desk saw us doing this, they asked one of their staff to help us.

Last night my partner and I decided to make use of the drink coupons they gave us at check-in. We went down to the "Corner Bar" but the coupons were only good for a dodgy Heineken draught, a dodgy punch liquid and soft drinks. So we pocketed the useless coupons and ordered a German dark beer and a glass of house wine. On the menu the beer said "Erdinger" so I ordered that, and the barkeep was quick to say "Weiss-something" instead. Uttering that word while we peered at the menu at a word that clearly read "Erdinger" was something I did not understand, so I repeated "Erdinger" while running my index finger across the word. At that point the barkeep said in a very sarcastic tone, "No, Weiss-something." I was annoyed at this point. I mean, here is someone who clearly isn't reading and he is telling me I can't read? But of course it turned out that he was just rude because he was trying to say "Sorry, we don't have Erdinger on the stock even though our menu clearly says that word. But we do have a good dark beer, this Weiss-thingy." NOW THAT would have been POLITE.

This morning between 6.30-7.00 am the whole family woke up with a wakeup call that we never asked for.

At breakfast, there were very few vegetarian options (my housekeeper is vegetarian). The rice porridge condiments had less variety than a 3-star place we once stayed at in Pattaya. Bussing was not very effective as the tables had piles of plates and the bussing cart was in the middle of the dining room (very attractive!).

We still have about 36 hours left at the hotel. Today we are going to see if the service gets any better.

I am disappointed that the Kantary brand in Rayong is not as well-staffed as the places they run in Ayutthaya, Phuket, Sri Racha, or Bangkok. I will probably never come back here again, and it makes me doubt that I will try the other Kantary places if I have other choices.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank locomojo
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Bay, Rayong, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
The Kantary Bay, Rayong, shares your disappointment with the lack of service you received during your recent stay with us. Your review has been shared with our team to address the shortcomings you have noted. Please feel free to contact me at: gm@kantarybay-rayong.com. Thank you again for your review which will be helpful to our team in our continuing efforts to provide enjoyable and pleasant stays for all of our guests all the time. We hope to serve you again.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was in Rayong close to a year on a work related trip. I tried out a few hotels there before zeroing in on Kantary Bay. This has got to be the best hotel there. Rooms are available for long term leases too. It is a sea facing property and the view you get from some of the rooms is just amazing. They have a wonderful spa with steam bathing facilities, two swimming pools, a tennis court and a squash court on the top floor. It is quite close to a mall and an open food market. Rates are higher than other hotels but it money well spent. Hotel staff and house keeping staff are very friendly and polite.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank WhatsMyNamix
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Bay, Rayong, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
The Kantary Bay, Rayong, thanks you for your favourable review and looks forward to your return on your next business trip to Rayong.
St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Kantary Bay Hotel in Rayong is a modern all suites hotel originally built to cater for ex-pats on short term assignments in the area (most of Thailand's oil and petrochemical industry is located nearby). It is very pleasant with friendly staff and generally good facilities. It could function well as a holiday hotel but this is not, in my opinion, a holiday area although it is popular with local residents as there is a sandy beach and lots of street cuisine.

Room Tip: A room at the front had more interesting views.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank toptone
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Bay, Rayong, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
The Kantary Bay, Rayong, is pleased to have your snapshot review of our facilities and locale which should assist other readers planning a trip to Rayong. Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rayong
Mae Pim Resort Hotel
Novotel Rayong Rim Pae Resort
Sea Sand Sun Resort
Sea Sand Sun Resort
#23 of 55 in Rayong

Been to Kantary Bay, Rayong? Share your experiences!