“Stayed for work”

Kantary Bay, Rayong
Ranked #1 of 60 Hotels in Rayong
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel was average.

The rooms was large with a large balcony but very dated decor. The beds were comfortable, bathroom adequate with good water pressure.

It was very hard to sleep due to the restaurant being near my door and music being played into the late night.

The Italian restaurant was very nice and the food was of high quality, including the room service option.

No mini bar.

Internet was fast but not free.

The breakfast was okay but not a large selection and limited seating.

The general area outside of the hotel was very dirty. The beach was littered and not at all like the photo from the website. It was not safe to swim and I was not comfortable venturing down there due to the treatment I have experienced from locals in this area previously.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the restaurant
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Bay, Rayong, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

The Kantary Bay, Rayong, thanks you for making the effort and taking the time to give us your input on your recent stay with us. Your input has been shared with the relevant members of our team as we continue to seek to provide enjoyable and pleasant stays for all of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Kantary Bay, Rayong

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Spent 6 days here. Great rooms and lots of space. The 2 bedroom suite was suitable for 5 of us. Every issue we encountered was promptly resolved by staff, who were attentive, helpful and approachable.

The facilities were all clean and well maintained and there is so much to do on site. The beach is however very dirty and small and not suitable for children. We spent much of our time on the complex which was fine.

The breakfast and food was outstanding and the restaurant manager ensured everything was beyond what we expected. We did try the cheap food stalls along the beach which are full of locals eating on small lamp lit tables, sitting on mats by the sea. We restaurant just over the bridge Mae Phong river fish, or something like that, it's a ten minute walk from the hotel but well worth the stroll- great fish and authentic Thai food.

The only negatives were being unable to get a late check out (we were transferred to a sister hotel for only 7 hours) and lack of help having been robbed. I had requested help having returned from a massage (Basement of Laemtong shopping centre) where the lady had taken money from my bag during the massage but refused to return it when caught in the act. Beware I had closed by bag, placed my clothes on the bag and placed it in front of me during the massage but she still managed to discreetly move things around and repeatedly removed one hand during the massage to scratch her arm. I became suspicious when she spoke to me each time she removed her hand. I tried to see what was happening and she placed money in her pockets, bra and even the pillow! When I stopped and got up she threw my bag and ran out. She refused to return the money and I tried to get help, I left with a business card, photo and her name-ultimately the hotel advised don't bother. The police won't help you. Not the only time I was robbed in a hill tribe shack also, though it was a different set up there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bibi39
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Bay, Rayong, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for your positive endorsement of the Kantary Bay, Rayong, after your recent 6 day stay with us, as “A great stay with good service and food,” and “Every issue we encountered was promptly resolved by staff (as they) were attentive, helpful, and approachable.” We look forward to your soonest return. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice rooms, nice swimming pool and nice fitness centre. Room was clean and the staff were very gentle and available. Goo restaurant. The only negative note is the position, is a little bit far from the centre and industrial lands.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Bay, Rayong, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Your positive recommendation of “Very nice,” after your short stay with us at the Kantary Bay Hotel, Rayong, is welcomed. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to provide us with your valuable comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

We booked 2 one-bedroom for one night. First impression was the size of the room. It is spacious with dining area, living room, kitchen and bedroom.

The location: next to HadSangJun beach. It is good and you'll get the best view of the ocean since there isnt any high rise building around the property.

The room: one-bedroom is huge. It has balcony with coffee table. 2 flatscreen TVs is a plus. Bathroom is dated but clean. Washing machine is in the unit and that is great!

The staff: most of them are great. They always greet me and other guests even housekeeping. But i had to ask for welcome drink to grt it. Another thing that annoys me is sauna and steam room cost 120 baht. It was reasonable but when I bought the vouches it said they are included. So i dont know what the heck is going on.

The facilities: nice 2 small swimming pools, jacuzzi, tennis couts, pool table, fitness and sauna (but not free for short term guest!), squash court on the top floor, reading room.

The food: we had dinner at No.43 italian restaurant. It was great and the price was reasonable. Comlimentary breakfast was very nice with many choices of food; Thai, Japanese, western styles.

All in all, Kantary Rayong is a good hotle choice in the area. It was built 12 years ago but still in a good condition. Staffs could be better with service minds at least I didnt want to ask for things (that should already be ready under my booking conditions/agreement) such as welcome drinks and fitness access.

• Stayed: October 2012
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Bay, Rayong, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Your positive endorsement of the Kantary Bay Hotel, Rayong, is welcomed. Your descriptive commentary of the amenities and facilities should be useful to other readers thinking of staying in Rayong. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great room, well maintenance with full kitchenette, first night I stayed in 1 Bedroom suite with my nephew then moved to 2 Bedroom unit when my sister joined me the second night, both rooms are so great. Higher floor would recommend for nice view. The beach just across the small road but not nice for sunbathing and even swimming, try the swimming pools instead. Nice food with vegetarian menu.

Room Tip: Higher floors would recommend for nicer sea view. Have vegetarian menu in the restaurant and room se...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

The Kantary Bay Hotel, Rayong, thanks you for your endorsement of it as a “5 Star Facility” with equivalent amenities and facilities. Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to give us your review of your recent stay with us. Your soonest return is looked forward to.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have been stayed Kantary Bay Rayong 2 times, all is exceed expectation. Room was great, full 5 star facilities, good size and well maintain room. There are 02 swimming pools, tennis court, gym and nice Jacuzzi.

Yeah, beach is not good, you can't swim and located near the industrial zone. But view and Hotel facilities is beyond comparison.

But the best of the best unique is breakfast. I have eaten ABF in most 5 star restaurant around Thailand but never find the place that they offers 02 choices of Bacon, one is crispy and one is soft - really appreciate ! Breafast is very variety and it makes me full until afternoon.

Overall, here is a great choice for people who want to stay with family with full kitchenette provide. 5 star facilities but 4 star price :)

Room Tip: - 01 Bedroom is better than Studio , ask for upgrade
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Nattawut K
Kasemkij_Group, Manager at Kantary Bay, Rayong, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for your endorsement of our hotel as being “incredible”. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Our Chefs appreciate your comments about the daily breakfast buffet. Your feedback is very much appreciated and your soonest return is looked forward to.

Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

My family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 4 and 8 stayed four nights in this hotel. Located right on the beach, even thou the beach is not that great. The hotel and room was spotless. with a good buffet breakfast. The 2 pools were excellent and close at 10pm. The gym is the best I've seen in a Thailand hotel. The staff were always polite. The clientele are mainly business men/women. I would definitely recommend this for families if you are not on a tight budget.

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank bucksfarang
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Bay, Rayong, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your favourable comments about our accommodation, facilities and staff are much appreciated as we strive to offer our guests the highest standards. We look forward to your soonest return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rayong
Classic Kameo Hotel & Serviced Apartments, Rayong
Tamarind Garden Hotel
Tamarind Garden Hotel
#6 of 60 in Rayong
Novotel Rayong Rim Pae Resort

Been to Kantary Bay, Rayong? Share your experiences!