Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great open water and advanced course

My friend and I took a spontaneous diving vacation to phuket, and by chance booked with Crystal... read more

Reviewed May 5, 2019
Malthe P
via mobile
Best Dive Center

Crystal waves is amazing, we took our open water and advanced course with Andre. He's a great... read more

Reviewed May 5, 2019
Daniel L
via mobile

All reviews dive shop open water dive sites dive experience swimming pool professional staff dive school great instructor phil gear thailand training safety confidence introduction pier
Selected filters
Reviewed October 28, 2017

Super TEK course with course director Phil at Crystal waves.
I did my tec 40 aswell as tec sidemount and had some nice dives at the ratcha islands,

Gear is top notch and the pool was great for the first time on sidemount.
These guys have been in the business over 20 years and will sort you out with info on any course.

Thanx for the training Phil. Highly recommended

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

I made my Padi IDC with this dive company and I'm very happy at choose crystal waves.
The center is well organized and everything including equipment is brand new.
Professional Staff and lovely course director and instructor.
To be honest that is the only dive center with draft beer I ever saw.
From me 6 of 5 stars.

Reviewed October 24, 2017 via mobile

I attended a padi instructor update with the much acclaimed course director, Phil Phelan. His professionalism & delivery of the course was exceptional. The dive shop is bright & airy with a good stock of equipment & merchandise for sale. The staff were all super friendly & nothing was too much trouble.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

I have been in Rawai, with Crystal Waves (Phil and Nat), for about 2 months doing my PADI Divemaster course and PADI Instructor course. I was really satisfied with professionalism and how well maintained the gear is. Evenings at the bar there with other divers are really cool and Friday barbecue is awesome. Sea life is great around Phuket and Phil and his team know all the hot spots. Cheers and thanks for being my hosts :)

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

Are you excited about scuba? It's a whole new world. Are you an experienced diver and looking for a shop that has the best gear, best facilities and the highest safety standards and professional instruction?

Scuba is fun. It's a whole new world. It's also something that should not be, excuse the pun, lightly. You need the right dive professionals to make your experience fun and safe. You want to learn. You want the experienced guidance of someone who knows the best dive sites, best boats and will help you progress.

It may be your first time in the open water, you'll probably be a little nervous, hey, we all were. Choose Crystal Waves. They'll make sure your looked after and you'll feel confident and comfortable in this new well to be excited about it. You'll develop the skills (practical and theory) to enjoy yourself safely, with professional Dive Instructors and masters at your side the whole way.

Diving is not something you skimp on and look for the cheapest option. You want to learn.

This year I've done a Rescue Diver course (highly recommended) and I am completing my Divemaster certification with Crystal Waves.

I've dived since I was 19 (1994) in many countries. Phil and his team have the highest standards and will progress you quickly, but carefully. There's no faulty equipment, no inexperienced or poor role models only words best practice.

You can see this by the way the shop presents itself. You'll be made to feel welcome. Phil is a super experienced diver, passionate about sharing his love of the marine world with others. This is Thailand, so be careful. Don't fall for the instructor without a shop, or the ones that just want to churn you through without any care. You'll be glad you took the time to visit him, his lovely wife Nat and his staff.

Say G'Day and discuss your interest in diving, no matter if you've never strapped a tank on your back or are a Divemaster wanting to take the next step towards instruction. You won't find anywhere better the world over - sadly, and from talking with other drivers, your likely to find much worse.

So if you want great value, great service and the best dive experience, you've really only got one option. Visit Crystal Waves and say G'Day to Phil.