“Revisited, not disappointed!”

Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Rawai
Bangkok
“Revisited, not disappointed!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Following a break of a couple of years I returned to Ya Nui and was delighted to find the same great resort that I have enjoyed on many fantastic trips to the South of Phuket over the years. The same management providing the same great services. This resort is hidden away in a nice quiet area which is brilliant if you want an inexpensive home from home away from the nonsense of the busy beaches up the coast. Within walking distance of what I consider the best beach on the island this is a true gem and worth every penny!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just read the terrible review and i started getting a headache instantly. i'm thinking, this woman's a nutter, how could that happen there? Been there for two weeks, last two years around September. Pretty laid back hotel as far as i could see. Friendly, hard working staff, never got messed about once. The Director is horizontal half of the time, but does look he could kick off. The guy that runs the kitchen is a bit of a weirdo, but hey, where are we. I think i paid about £17 per night, was very happy for that kinda money, Everyone minds their own business, spotless swimming pool, perfect for your afternoon dip when you get up. A word of advice, there not a lot to do if your the receptionist at Yanui, except watch last nights CCTV. So for the money, I reckoned it was worth an excellent rating

Room Tip: Basic one was good enough for, I did go to Thailand to sit in my room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank good p
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This is an awesome hotel, hidden away from the hustle and bustle. The rooms are huge with a nice little sitting room. Outside our door was a little patio, sitting beside a nice salt water pool, surrounded by flowers and banana trees. Next door is a nice little German restaurant. Great food and host. There are scooter rentals right there so you can venture off with the assistance of maps the hotel provide for you. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice and quiet place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank 1Cathie1
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 25, 2014

n October 2013, I had a nice experience at Ya-Nui Resort, at Ya-Nui in Phuket, Thailand A few days ago, my opinion of the Ya-Nui Resort, regrettably and forever crashed and burned
Management, which has been welcoming and engaging became invisible, disengaged and ultimately dishonest. I had confirmed reservation to stay at Ya-Nui Resort from February 9 through March 4. On February 8, a member of my party had a change of plans. I immediately telephone Ya-Nui Resorts, Managing Director Gabriel Wanner. Mr. Wanner was apprised of the situation. There after I made a series of telephone calls directly to Wanner and YNR, and I repeatedly reaffirmed the reservation. YNR never gave me the courtesy of being honest and forthright. It should have been easy to be honest with me. YNR was not showing its cards, but clearly it was playing a game.
YNR reviewed my reaffirmation of the reservation, and specifically guaranteed that YNR would be paid in full per the reservation. I arrived at YNR on the afternoon of Sunday February 9, and had dinner omn their restaurant. I saw Mr. Wanner, said hello and then he abruptly left. On Monday, I again went to the restaurant and enjoyed its ambience. The restaurant staff was friendly, engaging and helpful.
On the morning of Tuesday February 11, I saw several members of the YNR management team , and we exchanged niceties.. I purchased a cup of coffee for 50Bt, and as I left the restaurant, YNR Director, Navarat “Mon” Chomnil approached me about moving from Unit 16 ti Unit 9 later that day. I was lead to believe that I could help YNR increase revenues as they had a guest willing to pay more that my rate on Unit 16. Further, Mon assured me that it would be just for a day and that I could move back to Unit 16 on Wednesday afternoon.
Since I had no reason to suspect fraud, I trusted YNR, went to my room and packed my bags at 9:30 am. Mon told me that my purported next room, Unit 9 was not vacant. At that point I paid YNR over 5,700Bt for Unit 16 charges of two (2) days. I had business so I left YNR for an hour.
Little did I know that in reality this was the beginning of a YNR plan to deceive me and take back the Unit 16, so YNR could heartlessly gouge some other unsuspecting pigeons into drastically over paying for YNR lodging.
When I came back, YNR had taken my baggage and other property into its possession. One could technically say that YNR had converted my property and was holding i “for ransom” unless I paid them more money.
Mon ChomnI was asked when I could move to Unit 9, Mon laughed and said “never”. She further said that I would have to pay 2,000Bt to recover my bags. YNR was in fact attempting to extort money for property YNR converted. In my absence, YNR had cowardly and maliciously taken my bags. YNR was illegally claiming an illegal security interest in my property.
This took a long time, during which some very unnecessary, derogatory racial “farrang” remarks from YNR staff. Throughout this ordeal in the sun, I repeatedly telephoned Managing Director Wanner. After about and hour of avoiding my calls, Mr. Wanner finally said what he should have said two days earlier. Wanner simply and abruptly said “this is it it” for me.

For 3 days I was lied to. While I called YNR many, many time, for 3 days I was avoided. For three days they failed to tell mt the truth. I could have simply never checked into YNR. A lack of honesty and trustworthiness makes for a climate of hostility, not hospitably.

I had never felt more deceived, betrayed or so horrible about doing business with anyone. It is as if they had become monsters. That they could behave that way toward an existing customer, does not bode well for how YNR could treat new guest s. At YNR, it is all about the money. I give it an unacceptable rating. You cannot relax at all, not for one minute, if you cannot trust the host.
Lowest possible ethical rating.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank MaxPark2014
WannerPhuketRawai, Owner at Ya Nui Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Kevin Keena,

Thank you for your review.
Now you need to register an account under wrong name and write stories about Ya Nui Resort. Are you not so Faithfully to show your real name here with your review?
In your text you did not write that you did cancel your booking with Ya Nui Resort because your brother did not stay with you like planed and you was not willing to pay the full price for the Villa
( Residence Bungalow ) so we felt sorry for you and cancel the booking for you free of charge as you did request for it. But you thought that you can get the villa for a cheaper price because your broth not paid have of the price.
Sorry Kevin Keena that issue you can not make to our problem.
I which you good luck on future travel to Thailand.

sincerely

Ya Nui Resort Gabriel Wanner
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed November 18, 2013

stayed in Ya Nui resort twice over last 8 months and felt totally relaxed and rested after each stay. location is great as quiet yet close to everything else i need and the rooms (equipped studios) with minimum space of 40 sq meters are amazing space feeling for value.they have much bigger rooms which are real great and no need to stay in an over priced 5 stars as Ya Nui has this unique huge rooms with a great pool always at perfect temperature. love the place, the wifi works perfectly ok, room price is unbeatable. Feeling at home, away from home. The perfect place for a holiday i most needed.

Room Tip: just perfect place.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank crdsbengal
Mechelen, Belgium
Reviewed November 15, 2013

It's the 3rd time over many years now we come to Ya Nui Resort 1. The resort has improved every time. So no complains what so ever. Staff is very helpful, stick to their promises, they are definitely solution oriented. Something missing? It's fixed within minutes, just tell them. Whomever is complaining about a few cockroaches : stay out of the tropics! You don't run away from home because I fly flew through the window, right? A motorbike or car is needed to go to the beach or restaurants in Nai Yarn or Rawai, but that's part of the fun. Just be careful, have your driving license and helmet with you at all times. There is a minimart within walking distance. Better ones in Rawai or Nai Yarn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I recently had a 3 week holiday at Yanui Resort. I have stayed on previous trips to Phuket in Patong. I had no desire to return to Phuket as I tired of the throngs of people and the pressure of so many people wanting to take your money for a variety of things they had to offer. Yanui Resort in Rawai was recommended to me as it was away from crowds and the pressure. I was reluctant at first but decided I would try. I can honestly say it was the best holiday I have ever had. I felt so comfortable at Yanui. The staff were fantastic and very friendly and always on hand for anything I may have required. The accommodation was extremely clean and spacious and fully serviced every day. Fellow guests were also very friendly and sociable. The location of Yanui is so close to everything I needed to access but just off the road enough to feel the solitude of a bush setting. Management were great and the restaurant food and service was impressive. I found accommodation prices were very reasonable and certainly within my price range. I am planning to go back for a month next year to escape the winter in Sydney.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Grand Deluxe room which was fantastic but took the time to check the other rooms on...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple