We almost did not go, because of the mixed Tripadvisor reviews. Fortunately we went, because this place is just fantastic, with a location virtually on the beach, great bungalows, wonderful environment and very friendly staff.
Most of the time we were the only guests, and the staff managed the get the service just right, in a balance between being available, but not overdoing their attention.
The place is far from perfect, but doesn't pretend to be.
Btw do try the Thai cooking class. It's free - you only have to pay for the food - but we learned a lot of tricks, from the very helpful chef. And the food she made (with only a bit of help from us) was some of the best we've had in Thailand.
This is one of the best places we've been in Thailand, and so easily accessible. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Mai is Located on the shore of « Koh Lone » Island, the Baan Mai Resort is hidden within a flourishing tropical garden, right on the beach shore. A unique Boutique Hotel with its Beach Front and Garden Bungalows, the superb Thai Villa and the exotic sweet-water swimming-pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Baan Mai Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Mai Cottages Hotel Rawai
- Baan Mai Hotel
- Baan Mai Resort
- Baan Mai Cottages Phuket/Rawai