“Excellent hotel”

Navatara Phuket Resort
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Rawai
Reviewed February 18, 2014

It's my first time to phuket and the hotel totally makes my trip. I booked the hotel very last minute before I set out for my trip. There were not many available hotels but this one, with still remaining rooms, had really good reviews on tripadvisor. So I took a gamble and booked it. It turned out that I could not satisfy with this hotel better. It is a newly opened, family owned resort. Very friendly and helpful staff. I basically ask for help and suggestions from the front desk almost everyday but they are always so patient and helpful. One day I was at the street fruit vendor buying fruits, and I run into the hotel owner couple (I did not know at that time). They not only helped me pick up ripe fruits, which I lacked knowledge of doing so, but also waited until I was done and took my family back to the hotel with their own car. I was just so impressed that the owner couple went out of their way to help customers. The hotel room is spacious and clean. Every room has a spacious balcony. The breakfast has many options and is yummy. I especially liked the fruit section. Very nice swimming pool and it is clean most of the time. Just one day the swimming pool did stink...another highlight of this hotel is that it is one of the few hotels that provide free shuttle to nearby places of interest. This resort provides scheduled shuttle service to nearby beaches and other places on request. I have asked for rides to see the sunset twice and to the rawai fish market where you can buy fresh seafood and have the restaurants across from the street cook for you. It's delicious and much cheaper than other places. The rawai fish market is a must visit if you stay at this hotel. We usually walk back to the hotel after dinner, along the rawai beach and many shops. On the way back along the rawai beach, you will see some small restaurants who set some tables along the shore with artificial candle. Please stay away from those restaurants. Although the atmosphere seems good, the food is expensive and not fresh compared to the fish market I mentioned earlier. Do not get tempted! The hotel can also book the tours for you at a special price, although we did not use the service, which we regretted so much. We booked an elephant trekking tour from one nearby tour agent and it was a horrible tour. I would have the hotel book a professional tour for us if next time we stay in the hotel.

Room Tip: Every room seems good
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
NavatarPhuketResort, Manager at Navatara Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear valued guest,

Warm greetings from Navatara Phuket Resort

Thank you very much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. How nice to read that you thoroughly enjoy a wonderful stay at our resort.

We appreciate it. It is great that you enjoy the stay with us

Thank you for your compliments of our team members and the food services. We derive to provide our guest the excellent services with attentive to details.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our family resort soon.

Warm regards,
Navatara Phuket Resort

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I spent remarkable weekend there. Great value for money. Nice pool. Very nice, clean and maintained room. Very nice design for bathroom - loved the window to the room. Quiet location. Super breakfast, good coffee. On top of it very nice and pleasant staff. Will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jan_naj2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for review on TripAdvisor which is very valuable for us to improve our service. Regarding to your recent stay, that would be nice to hear that you enjoy spending your time with us and we hope to welcome you back soon !

Sawasdee
Thanks & Best regards,
Nick

Reviewed February 1, 2014

we stayed 8 nights in January at the Navatara. The staff were always very helpful in this family owned, new hotel. Rooms clean and fresh, breakfast buffet was fully stocked and had all the varieties covering both European and Asian tastes, plus the option of freshly cooked eggs. The pool is a good size and was never very busy. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the Rawai main street. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ian&Susan
NavatarPhuketResort, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Navatara Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest

It is always rewarding for my fellow colleagues to read the positive reviews we have been receiving on Trip Advisor and I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform the Trip Advisor readers about your stay.

It is a great motivation factor for all of us at Navatara family. we learn from our guests what we have done well and where we need to improve ourselves and this helps us tremendously in our quest to delight each and every guests.

Your comments are truly appreciated by the entire Navatara team and I would be delighted that, on your next visit to Thailand, you’ll once again do us the honor of choosing us as your accommodation in Phuket.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

It's been my second my time to Rawai and first to Navatara.

We had a lovely stay, we booked the deluxe room (the cheapest one). The room itself was nice. Average size but had all the amenities needed. The bathroom was definitely the highlight of the room. It was beautiful, clean and modern. There were a few ants to contend with but, you're in a country where there are trying the best. We didn't have a useable balcony which was the only negative, though this was out fault for booking the cheapest room not the hotels.

The breakfast was great. Plenty of choice. Juices and chocolate milk and water. Lots of cereals, fruit, pastries and breads.

For the warm food a selection of Thai dishes, different every day. Plus, they make your eggs as you choose: omelette, fried, scrambled etc. As well as a couple of other western items.

Fresh coffee and tea on the hot plate and some other alternative choices.

The pool is really nice and peaceful. There are only a 12 sun loungers and 37 rooms (although 6 of the rooms have pool access and their own loungers).

Cleaners are thorough and reception staff polite. We had a slight issue at check in but it was resolved really quickly.

All in all, would most definitely stay here again. Just wouldn't pay more than £50 a night for the deluxe room. Would pay more for a room with a balcony though.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fabbs23
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed this hotel from end of December 2013 to January 2014 , 3days.
The room was so clean , everywhere easy to use free wifi , pool so nice !
And breakfast was so delicious too.
My wife really loves this hotel and she wanna use this hotel one more time offcouse me too !
Hotel staff they have very comfortable spirits japanese say ' OMOTENASHI !' Thank you !!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank zuraproducer
NavatarPhuketResort, Owner at Navatara Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were a family of 5 - grandparents, son, daughter I law and 16 month grand daughter. The staff were so obliging and friendly. Excellent rooms, great pool, great complimentary breakfast, in fact everything was first class. Complimentary service to local beaches was a big plus. Value for money definitely when comparing to other hotels in area. When management found out my 60 birthday they purchased cake and presented to me beside pool with a birthday song !!! All unnecessary and unexpected but very good of them. Yanui, the local beach, is a perfect spot. The best cafe/restaurant for food and service is one hundred metres away - value for money and excellent service. Great local bar is The Boss which is on way to Yanui, a 5 minute walk. Would def return to Navatara as so well located and what it offers.

Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We are spending 5 nights here after 5 at foto hotel at Kata Noi. Ok the view is not the same, BUT the amazing service and smiles here makes up for it. Lovely, clean Thai style room which is exactly the experience we wanted. Beautiful breakfast, close to Yanui Beach (great for kayaking) and Rawai (perfect location to hire longtail boat and the best seafood in phuket) and the staff will take you to these places on demand for free. Although we always wanted to tip them. For our next stay we will be booking a pool access room. We are in rm 225 and although it still has a good pool view, i am loving those private sunlounges at the bottom. A lovely end to a perfect wedding anniversary. Thank you Navatara. Kindest regards BB (:

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Greeting from Navatara Phuket Resort
Thank you very much for choosing us and your review posted on tripadvisor sharing your experience during your stay. All your comments and feedback to us are always highly appreciated.I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We certainly are looking forward to welcoming you back to your Phuket home next time you are visiting. :)

Bank

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
#2 of 11 in Karon Beach
The Chava Resort
The Chava Resort
#2 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Navatara Phuket Resort? Share your experiences!