“The best sandwiches in Phuket and great rooms for rent!”
Review of Lucky 13 Sandwich

Lucky 13 Sandwich
Ranked #60 of 256 Restaurants in Rawai
Cuisines: European, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Description: In Lucky 13 Sandwich we take pride in offering you quality products at affordable prices. We're proud to be a destination sandwich shop in Phuket.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Lucky 13 serves by far the best sandwiches, coffee and juices you will find in Phuket. The ingredients are always fresh and their bread is incredible, if you go once you will surely go back. The restaurant is also always immaculate and the staff greets me with a friendly smile every time. You can tell that they have taken the time to make sure that they only serve the best ingredients available. You can dine in or take the food to go which is always helpful when you have a busy beach day planned!

I also rented a room at Lucky 13 and was extremely impressed. The room doesn't feel like a hotel room because of the little details they have added to make sure you are comfortable and well taken care of. The internet is extremely fast, the bed is the most comfortable I've had in Thailand and the location is walking distance to anything you might need. If you need anything, just call room service and you are well taken care of.

All in all, Lucky 13 has done what few restaurants do and has taken the time to make sure every customer has the best experience possible. Highly recommended!

Baven, Owner at Lucky 13 Sandwich, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your very positive review of both our sandwiches and our rooms,

It is a pleasure to read that you find our sandwiches, coffee and juice so good that you call it "the best in Phuket". That is quite an accomplishment and we are very proud to have succeeded to offer you this level of quality.

"The friendly staff who always greet you with a smile" would like to thank you personally for mentioning them in your review. They are indeed the back bone of Lucky 13 and their service and motivation is what makes Lucky 13 a success.

Lastly we would like to thank you for mentioning our rooms as impressive and having more of a "home-feel" than most guesthouses. I must agree with you, and as we created these rooms, this was exactly our main priority.

Hope to see you back for both another stay and certainly many more lucky sandwiches :)

The team at lucky 13 Sandwich

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I trained with reviewer Ross (below) at Rawai Muay Thai and can echo what he said. Unlike him this was the first place I ate at in Rawaii. After spending a week on Koh Yao Noi on curry and rice only, I was craving some bread. Their freshly baked choices of bread coupled with a great selection of fillings and willingness to adapt it to however you would like meant I visited here a number of times over a 10 day period. Very modern decor, quick service and interesting magazines to read meant this was a great place to get breakfast. As Ross said, not the cheapest but great value. My favourite here was the philly cheese steak with an iced coffee! Can't go wrong!

Baven, Owner at Lucky 13 Sandwich, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Thanks for your very positive review of our sandwich shop.

It is a pleasure to read detailed reviews like this, as it just confirms what we are doing is right!

As the owner of Lucky 13 Sandwich, I am also thrilled to hear that the staff took good care of your special requests.

The Philly steak and cheese sandwich is a wish from a regular guest, who wanted us to add it to the board. Now, it is one of the top selling sandwiches. Even though it is the most expensive of the lot.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to explain the reoccurring mentioning of our "not very cheap" prices. As I am aware that you are not complaining or letting us know it is too much, we still would like to let you know that the prices are including 10% service charge and 7% VAT. Most food stalls and Thai run facilities around, function without this, which eventually means that the prices can be dropped down significantly.

17% is not peanuts.

Thanks again for your very encouraging review, we sincerely hope you will be back to visit us again, in the near future

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Now this restaurant knows how to make a sandwich , good fillings good service but very hot if you sit outside , overall good

Thank you for your short but appreciative review of our sandwiches and service.

We are delighted to hear that you find our sandwiches and service great.

Unfortunately, it is hot outside and we'd like to offer the guests a table inside the shop, where we have fans installed and shade from the sun. We also open air-condition on request.

At busy times, there might not be any free tables inside and we apologize for that. In the future, we will be looking into installing big parasols for the outside area, to make it more comfortable to sit and dine.

Thanks again, we sincerely hope to see you back again in near future, for another sandwich, hopefully inside :)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I looked up Trip Advisor for a place to get a sandwich for a very western and upset stomach. We ended up at Lucky 13 not far from where we were staying and boy did it hit the spot. The staff were very friendly the coffee was good and the food was just great. Fresh filling familiar and so inexpensive it was great, my stomach thanked me and l was ready to go back to Thai food. I can recommend the Lucky 13 for lunch and they had a great breakfast menu.

Baven, Owner at Lucky 13 Sandwich, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thanks for your very positive review of our great fresh sandwiches,

It's truly a pleasure to read that you enjoyed good coffee and great food which was also inexpensive. We're often considered rather expensive until people actually try our products. We are mainly catering to foreign residents and expats who live in the area and visit several times per week. When searching this market, things just has to be good value for money- That being said, we really appreciate to see tourists drop by, although it is a rather, rare sight :)

Great to hear that your stomach appreciated our sandwich and you were able to enjoy Thai food once again :)

Thanks again, and hope to see you back in the future for another lunch,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

After spending two months in Rawai I was finally introduced to the Lucky 13 restaurant and all I can say is I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEVER GOT THERE SOONER!

The only con that I can possibly think of is that there are other places that are cheaper but nowhere near the standard that this place gives you in terms of food! Portion sizes are massive and the ingredients used in each dish seem to be very fresh. The decor is clean and also has an outdoor area where (if like me) you like to watch the world pass by while you eat it is great.

Staff are friendly, helpful and efficient at what they do and I can't thank them enough for some of the hangovers they have cured for me :)

As you can tell i really like this place and if your thinking that i own, work or am in anyway affiliated with the place then i will stop you there because i am not, its just great food! :)

If you are visiting Rawai then this place is a must!

1  Thank Ross M

Thanks for your very positive review of our place,

It is so great to hear that the staff are friendly, helpful and efficient. What a wonderful compliment!

We are also happy to hear that you regret not to have found our restaurant earlier. As we are no more than 6 months in business, we are still working hard to get our name out- With great results lately. A review like yours is definitely helping others find us faster. Thanks for that!

Lastly, we'd like to thank you for mentioning the clean décor and fresh ingredients used for our food. Of course there are cheaper solutions for food around, but we do not compare ourselves with any of these. Our food and service speaks for itself and we do not compromise with quality.

Sincerely hope to see you back again very soon!