“Truly wonderful diving experience!”
Review of Raya Divers

Raya Divers
Ranked #15 of 48 Tours in Rawai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was my first time scuba diving so I was a little nervous, but my Open Water Diver- course ended up being one of the greatest experiences in my life! The Raya Divers staff were always smiling and when it's comes to diving they truly know how to teach it! It was very calming to know that you had a real pro next to you and the situations we trained were always shown and talked about in the boat before the real dive. The facilities and the diving equipment were clean and tidy so no problem with that neither. I would recommend this to anybody who wants to get to know the world of diving!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We took a daytrip to Raya Island with Raya Divers. The package included lunch, snorkelling, a short walk around the island, fruits & drinks. Raya Island is a small and idyllic place that left an impression on us. As well did all the arrangements by Raya divers. The staff was very good with small kids and they even offered to play with them in the water so that me and my wife could enjoy the snorkelling for a while. Special thanks to Eppu & Meiju. If you are planning a day trip to Raya Island, then Raya divers is the choice for you.

1  Thank Forsstrom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

They got great PADI scuba diving instructors, especially Jyrki!! Also very good facilities and equipment. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went to couple of PADI courses with Raya Divers while having holiday in Thailand. Highly recommended, nice, friendly and professional staff, good equipment, new boat in Phuket with e.g. air conditioned cabinet etc. Everything was on schedule and worked well, no problems at all.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Hi!

I wanted to write a review about Raya Divers in Thailand and the few diving trips I did with them. I booked a trip to the Similan Islands (December 2011) through Raya Divers and it was absolutely awesome. I went with the longest trip that also included Similan Islands but also the Richelieu Rock with the liveaboard White Manta, so it was 6 days and 5 nights on the liveaboard.

All the people at Raya Divers were really friendly and professional. I was the only Finnish person on that Similan trip, but they sent a Finnish DM with me to the boat. He was a real pro who had been to the Similan Islands numerous times. He really knew the dive sites and could tell a lot about them. We had a really good time on that trip and I learned a lot from him.

Anyway, on the first day we got to the boat in the evening and put our diving gear together and checked that everything was working as expected. Then we had some food, a information session and went to sleep early. The following days were for diving and we had two to four dives each day. The dives were absolutely awesome and the things I saw there was just wonderful stuff! After each dive they changed your diving tank for you, so it was easy life and you could relax, dive, eat, sleep, enjoy the sun and just enjoy your holiday to the fullest ;)..

During the time we weren't diving, they took us to the shore of some of the Islands. We climbed on top of the small islands and enjoyed the sun and some cold beverages. I also met some really cool people on the live aboard, which whom I have been in contact with since. So I can really recommend this kind of a trip to anyone. There were people from Korea, Japan, Germany, Russia, USA, etc.

As I said earlier, we had a total of fourteen to sixteen dives (can't remember exactly). I skipped some night dives and a few of the day dives as I was just too tired. Four dives a day is a bit much, but it was totally worth it. The trip was one of the best I've ever made. A nice thing was that they took video of the whole trip - also underwater, which they edited and you could buy the video at the end of the trip. I bought it (2000 THB) and it's an awesome memory.

After I got back to Phuket from the liveaboard, I also had a day trip from Phuket which had two dives. This was also booked through Raya Divers, and I can say that it was organized perfectly and the people were really professional and knew what they were doing. Everyone had a nice time and the dives were just awesome also.

The only negative things I can find from the trip was the the weather, which at some point was a bit harsh. And the other negative thing is that on this trip I didn't get to see a manta ray. Well, hopefully next time then ;)...

Anyway, I can really recommend Raya Divers for anyone who wishes to dive in Thailand!

I'll add some pictures also so you can check those out too :)..

Br,