“wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Phuket Cleanse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawai
Phuket Cleanse
Ranked #1 of 92 Specialty Lodging in Rawai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

i was searching on internet for a detox trip and luckily i found Phuket Cleanse. this was the first time i ever experienced such healthy life style. way out of my expectation, Mel's raw food is surprisingly super delicious. In my five-day stay with Phuket Cleanse, life became so simple and natural. not only i worked out physically but also my mind found peace. everyone is so positive and inspiring. i love the atmosphere. will definitely recommend the program to my friends. thanks, Mel, Phil, Beth and everyone i met there.

1 Thank Julia Z

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I was introduced to Phuket Cleanse by my boyfriend who had been twice before.. I have never seen someone transform so much in my entire life that I decided to tag along for his third trip...What an amazing experience it was! I wasn't really sure what to expect but this trip totally exceeded any and all expectations! Mel and her team were an incredible group of people who catered to anyone and everyone! The workouts and food were soo amazing on top of the people that came from all around the world! Everyone came for all different reasons, however at the end of the day, we all grew a bond together that will never be forgotten! I highly recommend this trip to anyone who is looking to live a healthier lifestyle. You learn sooo much about yourself, how to live, how to eat healthy and how to be happy! It's an experience that I will never forget and I'm so grateful that I was able to be apart of it! Can't wait to get back there soon:)

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Staci G
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

A great way to start my new year. I just wanted a simple detox and kick start my fitness regime for the new year. Instead, I ended up learning and experiencing so much more - raw food cooking (never thought raw food was food), different types of exercises, ice bath, new friends... I like the way the program is organized and the dynamic brought about with the continuous flow of guest arriving (few leaving), it kept the experience new everyday. Everyone there is great; Phil made sure that we do not miss a program (my mind could take a break!); Jeff ensured that the details were taken care of; Nemo walked around with her notepad to make sure our massage were booked; And Mel, she is wonderful, her passion, concerns and generosity with sharing her experience and knowledge had enriched my stay greatly (Thank you, Mel.). O, a must do at Phuket cleanse - the kitchen (an excuse to break from the workouts), I spent some time in the kitchen with Murkesh and the other kitchen staff, they were fun and nice to hang around with - I got to help with preparation and made some really yummy chocolates; more importantly, I am impressed with all the work that went into daily raw food buffet spread. Wow!
It was a refreshing, memorable and pampering experience. I miss the daily ice bath and massage. "Who ate my chocolate!" ; )

Room Tip: All the rooms are great including those at other villas. It's the program that makes the day.
1 Thank Lynn C
Samuel Whiskers
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I just returned from nearly a fortnight at Phuket Cleanse several pounds lighter and full of energy to start the New Year. This place is a world away from the sterility and corporate sameness of so many spas, it is run by people with real passion. Mel, in particular, is truly inspirational and a glowing advertisement for practising what she preaches (although it never comes across as preaching, just enthusiastic encouragement). Phil is a great organiser and cheer leader, it lifted the spirits just being in the same room (can't wait to take his Body Pump classes in London!) and the Thai staff were so smiley and accommodating. The raw food was delicious and very creative, particularly so when a protégé of Gordon Ramsay was doing a stage in the kitchen. Hot yoga was a revelation, I am a convert and, to my surprise, even found myself quite enjoying Thai boxing (I am 55 and not a natural athlete let alone a martial arts enthusiast!). Nightly massages from the lovely Nok were a blissful way to drift off into sleep.

It is true, as a previous reviewer mentioned, that they seemed slightly over-stretched over Christmas and that quite a few of the staff were guests who had returned or never left. However, for me that added to the charm. People seemed to come and go mysteriously and change roles overnight. It felt a bit like one big slightly eccentric family with Mel the warmth and heart at the centre of it all. Everyone was treated as an individual, nothing ever seemed to be too much trouble and it really was all inclusive, outside friends were welcomed around the communal dining table and I wasn't even charged for a manicure or pedicure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SamuelWhiskers
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

What can I say that has not been said by over 60 prior customers? In short, this is the best place for recharging your batteries. From the food and exercise classes, to all the recovery options like ice bathing, infrared sauna, and steam sauna, I feel both relaxed and full of energy at the same time.

Simply stated, the staff is amazing. Melanie is full of information on everything from raw foods preparation to anti-aging strategies, and a lot more. The other guests were awesome, and while they were full (20 customers during my stay), it really enhanced the experience for me. I just read the previous review and don't understand at all why this guest would be anything less than fully pleased. The guests only serve to make the experience more enriching. I was there with everyone from college students to a British Knight. Yes, a Knight, good sir. This last review also talked about money. I have stayed at Kamalaya and Chiva Som and paid triple the cost for half of the offerings I got at Phuket Cleanse.

Trust me. Phuket Cleanse is a life-changing experience. I'm sorry to be upset about reading a poor review of the place that I think is the best fitness and nutrition experience in Southeast Asia. But that eats at me. The staff really was extraordinary, and totally committed to each guest and his or her personal goals.

Regarding the guest rooms, the new Extension rooms are opened. And my friend stayed in one of those rooms. I stayed in the main villa, as I like to be close to the action. I like to be close to Melanie and pick her brain about everything from plant-based nutrition to things like hormesis training (shocking the body and turning on some of those anti-aging genes). It does not get any better than this.

I have already booked for April of 2014 and November of 2014. I can't wait to get back there.

Room Tip: I prefer the Villa, as I want to be close to the action!
1 Thank FlyGlobetrotter
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

In October 2013 I visited Phuket Cleanse for the 2nd time. Usually I like to change and don't usually go back, but after my first visit in February 2013 and after a life changing experience, I owed it to myself, to revisit.

In Phuket Cleanse I gained knowledge and discovered a completely new way of being thanks to Mel and her great team. I am so grateful for that as my life ever since has taken a different -healthier- path. Not only my life but also my husband's life. He also joined me on my second trip and was just as thrilled and delighted. He even managed to quit smoking!

The accommodation, the staff, the program, the knowledge... value for money! Thank you Mel for this wonderful, life changing experience. We sure will be seeing each other soon. This is something I would highlt recommend!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MajaAK
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Phuket Cleanse was an amazing experience put together by Melanie and her team who were so passionate about health and well being of their guests. It was a great experience meeting like-minded people from different parts of the world who loved the various fitness activities, buffet of raw food, and learning about the body. I'm already missing the three times a day exercises, with each day finished with relaxing ice baths and massages.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Navatara Phuket Resort
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,010 reviews
Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket

Been to Phuket Cleanse? Share your experiences!