“Sights, Sounds and Sensational!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Phuket Cleanse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rawai
Phuket Cleanse
Ranked #1 of 93 Specialty Lodging in Rawai
Melbourne, Australia
“Sights, Sounds and Sensational!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I came to Phuket cleanse with just a small and measurable goal - LIFE CHANGE and that amazingly enough is something that I managed to achieve. Before I left Melbourne I had been embroiled within the kind of personal stress that takes years off of your life and in my case had left me quite ill. I had just been diagnosed with chronic fatigue, hypothyroidism and other fun stuff. I had spent a number of years struggling from one end of the room to the other and one end of the day to the other. Finally I reached a point where ENOUGH was ENOUGH, I managed to find an amazing Dr to treat my issues and I decided that I deserved a holiday that was also going to contribute to my health and wellbeing.
I cannot recommend Phuket Cleanse more highly! I found that it ticked all of my boxes! The food was EXCITING and really energising, it had me bouncing off of the walls and ready for all of that amazing exercise. Being an ex chef I can not recommend the food enough as I felt that every meal was another 'how did they do that?' moment and I found the chef's so exited by food and engaging that I fell madly in love with the kitchen GODDESSES Yuan and Tip (forgive me if I have misspelt your names) and must thank them for so many beautiful meals that I have since brought back home with me. You guys have inspired some awesome dinner parties and home cooking.

I got healthier at Phuket cleanse and it was a fun and exiting holiday at the same time! There was always someone to talk to or a new adventure or just feeling like part of the fitness expats hanging out at Raw Fitness.

I will be back!

2 Thank Wanderlostgirl

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I recently completed the 29 day programme at Phuket cleanse and I feel fantastic and full of energy! The programme works on improving your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing through challenging (but fun) workouts and an eating plan consisting of daily fresh juices (available all day) and fresh organic raw food. There is also daily meditation, steam and massage. This combination has a wonderful effect on the body. By the time I left I had regained my fitness (I went from barely completing 5 minutes on the treadmill to 50 min). I also managed to resolve my constant sinus congestion as well as digestive discomfort. I left Phuket cleanse with an overall feeling of wellbeing.
The villa is beautiful and the grounds are lovely. Rooms are spacious and very clean. The area is ideal located south of Phuket where some of the best beaches are accessible and there is a general welcoming and ‘local’ feeling to the area.
The entire staff is wonderful. Melanie, Stanton, Simon and Linda all work very hard all day to ensure all is taken care of. The kitchen staffs are great, chopping and blending away all day coming up with wonderful raw food and always smiling. Big thanks to you all.
It was very interesting learning and reading about the effects of what we eat on our bodies. You can’t help but vow to make positive improvements to your diet and avoid the bad stuff. Cooking classes were very beneficial and got exciting when guests began to contribute vegan recipes (thanks wade!). I got to try my hand at Lebanese Tabbouleh salad.
Another great aspect of this programme is all the amazing people I met there, and sharing the experience of the challenge with them. There was a general atmosphere of positive energy circulating among everyone. A lot of interesting conversations over dinner made a nice end to the day. Along with the massage of course.
I highly recommend Phuket cleanse to anyone who is seeking a holiday or time off where you can leave feeling revitalized, light and happy. I will definitely be returning.

1 Thank Lana H
Phuket C, Owner at Phuket Cleanse, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hello Phuket Cleanser;
Thank you for the glowing review. For those of you who do the month-long cleanse, we have our work cut out for us. You make us do our jobs better. The staff (both Thai and foreign) are kept on their toes and that is a good thing. The staff at the villa is so looking forward to your return trip. Let us know when that will be.
All the best ... Stanton
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had slipped back into a lifestyle of eating the wrong foods and not exercising and was looking for a step back in the right direction. 2 friends I'd met 4 years previous were doing a detox here and suggested I came too. I'm glad I came, not only for the fact of meeting with old friends but meeting new wonderful people. Mel and Stanton are amazing hosts and all the staff are as welcoming. I felt like part of the family from the very moment I arrived and was very sad to leave.

My initial plan was to eat raw and then juice a few days in between. However, with the high exercise content and the fact the food was too delicious to miss out on I decided after one day of juice to go back on food! ha The food blew my mind! It was different every day and how they came up with the ideas was incredible. I loved that we got to do cooking classes and learn how to make the dishes ourselves.

I just recently got back again (second time there) having been to Phuket for a few days on my way back from Bali and had to stop by at dinner time at the villa to say hello and of course feed my tummy! I would recommend this detox very highly and if you want a kick start and more back into a healthy lifestyle, with exercise (as much or as little as you want) and delicious food get yourself there. Become part of the extended family, which I very much hope to go and visit again as soon as I have more time off!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great however the master suit overlooking the pool is the unreal!
1 Thank Danielle R
Phuket C, Owner at Phuket Cleanse, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hi Phuket Cleanser;
We are so happy to read your review and learn that this is the place you were looking for. We are striving to get better and better at what we do, so we are thankful that you felt this was the right place for you. Doing the juice feast and then the raw foods was a good plan for you and it is with many of our customers.
As always, when our customers come back, it validates what we are doing. We look forward to your next return visit. And yes, the master suit that opens up to the saltwater pool is divine!
See you soon ... Stanton
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hi.

When I started to look for places to detox in Thailand, I wanted find somewhere that served healthy (but tasty) food and and offer a variety of exercise. No fads, no quick fixes and certainly no colonics--Just a safe and healthy method of detoxification.
The Phuket Cleanse Villa had all of this.
The Thai staff were so amazing and the food they cooked was delicious.
The exercise was hard but fun...I stayed for three weeks and lost 8.5 kilos!!!
The Villa itself was sooo comfortable; Very clean, great pool, air con and WIFI. It also has a homely environment which I really liked.
All in all, It was the best decision I've made in a long time. I have healthier habits now and am much happier as a result.
Thank you to everyone there for making me feel so comfortable and helping me achieve my goals. See you again next year!!

2 Thank James L
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Well, I almost don't know where to start! Everyone loves delicious food, so I will start there. I was simply amazed by the variety, taste, texture, presentation of our meals. We also were able to learn how to prepare each meal during cooking classes and make our own sauces. There was never a dull moment during my detox and boot camp. The program is very well organized and the schedule if full! You will be tired as you rest your head for your night time massage in your very own extremely clean and comfortable room in the villa. So, each morning begins with a variety of elixers and juices blended from freshly picked and cut super power grasses (like wheat grass and spirulina), vegetables, and fruits. Soon after you jump in the Phuket Cleanse pickup and and see the colors of the town on your way to the Phuket Cleanse Mai Thai gym, where you will work out with professional Mai Thai boxers or ex- boxers. Don't worry if you forgot your water; that is already ready for you at the raw vegan bar on premise. But, you don't drink ordinary water at Phuket Cleanse - you will drink clay water and coconut water to make sure you replenish your electorlytes and absorb vitamins and minerals to their fullest potential. After you condition your muscles and begin to melt the fat, a jasmine scented cold towel and a spirulina drink will be waiting for you. Now, it's time to chat with your fellow exercisers, the trainers, or whoever else may be there, but not for too long because a wood burning sauna may be more inviting next door to the gym. Or you might want to hop a ride back to the villa to relax and unwind in the pool. Well, soon you will be excited to taste the bursing flavors of your extremely fresh, balanced, and delightful lunch which is always served with mouth watering soup of different varieties. The cooks at Phuket Cleanse have been trained well by Melanie, who has been experimenting with vegan cooking for over a decade. But, they also have been trained to make new dishes intuitively; so you will never experience the same exact meal twice as it evolves and grows more varietals with time; like a fine bottle of wine. However, no wine allowed! Good thing is you won't even crave it! So, after lunch you will let your body unwind and your body and spirit connect during meditation. After meditation, your whole mind, body, and spirit will feel balanced and renewed. Go take a nap, or call a friend! The internet works like magic here! Soon, you will be off to your second work out of the day with Andrew, an extremely knowledgeable, personable, and experienced trainer. He will make you sweat and burn lots of fat through high intensity cardio and strenth interval training. Go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back, a job well done! So, after your toweling off and your next spirulina drink to fuel your muscles with highly absorbable plant protien, you can mingle a bit, take a rest back at the villa. But don't all alseep yet!!!! There is much more to come! So, an hour or so later; you may just want to detox some more and join a 90 minute HOT YOGA class.. which you may dislike during the class and find it difficult (as I did); but you may feel great afterwards. If HOT YOGA is not your thing, you can also attend "Tiger Yoga" which is dynamic and challenging as well as balancing and centering! Well, after all that hard work, you may think that you will be starving. But, I was never starving because you have your coconut and clay water with you in all of your practices, followed by spirulina. You can drink elixers/juices as you wish and help yourself to them. And sweating a lot sometimes kills the appetite for a while! So, regardless of whether not your hungry, what's better than yummie yummie Phuket Cleanse meal time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dinner is prepared chef style, the presentation is always beautiful. It is pretty amazing how you can still eat Pad Thai, but vegan style! The sauces are just exquisite and your taste buds will be dancing with pleasure as you eat food that will be cleansing your body and satisfying your mind.
Well, after a bit of lazy laughter about the funny moments that day, philosophical converstaion, or just light chatter; get ready for your next meditation session where you may be listening to a guided meditation to deeply relax your body and mind or you may be led into relaxation through breathing and stretching techniques. Either way, when you are finished, you have one of the best treats of the day still waiting to pleasure your senses!!!!! Lay down in your bed, dim the lights, and get ready to enjoy the perfect pressure on your muscles for one full hour of massage magic!

The room service is immaculate and your laundry will be cleaned, pressed, and ready for you the next day! Btw bring many changes of work out clothes, because they will get soaked with every work out each day!

But, the best part are the people: Melanie, Stanton, and the whole staff including Linda and Simon are endearing, down to earth, inpiring, motiviating (Melanie and Simon have such incredible personal journeys), open, warm, funny (Stanton is pretty hilarious) and they make you feel at home!

I was very excited and pleased with my experience and I am trying to convince my whole family to attend. My sister is already booked!!! Yeah! And I will be back to visit at the end of the month!

1 Thank mirabhakta
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

The people are lovely, the setting at the villa is great, the rooms are super spacious although my bed was a little too firm for my liking. I totally loved Kata Hot Yoga (just awesome), the Thai boxing excellent and bootcamp was sensational no complaints whatsoever oh and having your laundry done is just such an awesome treat. The people are generally like minded and its a lot of fun to be there, I didn't think I'd get through so much exercise and then want more. All this said, I don't think the food raw or otherwise is up to scratch, I didn't feel the food was nutritionally balanced, I think a more structure approach to the menu would make a big difference, perhaps even having a professional raw chef or Nutritionist plan the menu. I would go back for sure, but I'd take the exercise and do something else for food, there are just as many healthy options.

9 Thank GManNZ
South West Rocks, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Be prepared for the ride of your life. Phuket Cleanse will totally debunk any myth you may have in your head that Raw Food is tasteless (it is Orgasmic!), that exercise has to be boring (sweaty but NOT boring!) and that you have to become fitter, healthier and happier on your own (Happy, smiling, inspirational people there to guide and transform you await your arrival!).
I can't speak highly enough of this program. I believe it is because of the warmth, energy and pure love of the people that run it :)
I wrote a few blog entries about my experience (and my initially very against the idea b/f's experience).
You can read about it here: http://theadventuresofbonniemuddle.blogspot.com/2012/08/sweat-and-spirulina.html and here: http://theadventuresofbonniemuddle.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-after-glow.html

Room Tip: If you can try and hit them up for the Master Suite overlooking the Pool! Gorgeous.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Navatara Phuket Resort
Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 95 in Thalang District

Been to Phuket Cleanse? Share your experiences!