We have just returned from our 10th trip to Phuket--my husband's 2nd stay at the Mangosteen and my 3rd. In our opinion, the Mangosteen has gone downhill since our 1st visit in Feb 2005. There is a clear reduction of attention to the little details, which are important to a resort's success.
Examples: as return visitors, it would have been nice to be acknowledged/welcomed as such; the pool bottom was dirty, filled with sand, seashells, little rocks, etc (previously pool was cleaned every day--and we saw them do it); our rain shower head didn't work, they forgot we'd booked a return car to the airport (luckily they had an available car and driver who got us there in time); massages options are better, cheaper and FAR better at the Meridien at Nai Harn; we ordered a drink poolside and the person forgot about it; the TV channel list in our room had not been updated in the year or so since they had dropped the sports channel (we were looking for that as we wanted to watch the French Open) and we cannot fathom why a hotel would drop a sports channel--lots of people enjoy that, so we think--to their credit, they updated the list 1.5 days later; the staff didn't seem as "happy" in their jobs as they had been on previous trips. Another cost saving measure that they didn't tell us about was that they had dropped their Nai Harn beach chair contract--when we got to the beach, we asked for the Mangosteen chairs, this time we had a womanwho manages the chairs ask us to pay 200 THB for them as they had ended the contract about a year or so before--not that it is a lot of money, but it is the principle of the thing to at least be told of this change (it was a nice touch for hotel guests).....we had not taken any money with us to Nai Harn....luckily the woman understood and let us use them gratis; they used to serve Haagen Dazs ice cream--now they serve homemade ice cream--the vanilla ice cream was terrible; and our porch hammock had a big tear in it--no way we could use it.
For a little more money, the Meridien at Nai Harn is a far better deal plus all rooms have ocean views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family owned and managed resort is unique in its style and location. With the owners always around, there is real boutique resort and personal touch to it, a perfect place for honeymooners or simply for romantic people avoiding the crowds. The resort mainly caters for adults, making sure the peaceful atmosphere remains uninterrupted at all times. Mangosteen is the only Resort in Phuket with a permanent, onsite Ayurveda Doctor. He is the architect and mastermind of all treatments, consults and surveys progress of your cure and leads the team to make your spa visits a success. At the Mangosteen Resort, guests can spoil themselves with a luxury holiday, combining this wonderful experience with real health benefits under professional supervision! The restaurant specializes in authentic home-style cooked Thai Cuisine and Mediterranean delights. Everything is freshly prepared, which means it does sometimes take a bit longer. Special requests are always welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Mangosteen Hotel Rawai
- Mangosteen Hotel Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort Nai Harn
- Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa Phuket/Rawai