“Hope to return soon”

Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Rawai
Reviewed June 27, 2006

dear mangosteen resort,

we thank you for a wonderful week @ phuket's best kept secret. we truly enjoyed all you had to offer: daily spa treatments, a personal cooking class, wine tasting in the cellar, visits to the beach, excellent food and warm thai hospitality. we hope to return soon for more restoring of the soul...

regards,
conly & hanli

3  Thank annandales

A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary,Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2006

Hello Fellow Travellers,

I am writing to thank the management and staff at the Mangosteen Resort. My wife and I were treated exceptionally during our stay in early June/06.

We were looking for something a little different for our special day. My fiance and I wanted something that we would remember for a lifetime. I searched the web looking for an ideal location for our wedding. I had been to Thailand previously and found the country to be quite, friendly and exotic.

We chose the Mangosteen because it was small, private and luxurious. We wanted something out of the way and quiet. We scouted the Resort before we decided to stay. We met with the staff and the graciously showed us the amenities. We met with Phung who was handling special requests. She was patient and listened to our requests. To say the least we were a little nervous and cautious. Phung assured us everything would be handled and we went about enjoying our vacation.

We arrived a couple of days later and we were greeted with cold drinks and an itinerary of our special day. I would have to say that it was all to easy. The staff and management were always courteous and efficient.

Our wedding day was very special. From the flowers to the ceremony to the location,everything and everyone came together and made our day truly magical. Even the owner of the resort took time out of his busy schedule to attend and witness our wedding. This place and its people are truly a class act.

I would recommend The Mangosteen to anyone who values service, professionalism and privacy. My wife and I will always remember this occasion and look forward to returning to The Mangosteen for more of the same.

Gratefully

Paul & Lanhee Scheuerman
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 19, 2006

The rooms are great, and the seclusion is a nice change from the selection of hotels in the Patong area. If you go out a lot, it adds to the cost as traveling to and from the hotel is not cheap... 300 baht seems to be the price to go anywhere from the hotel except the airport at a whopping 900 baht.

A place for couples I think. Most certainly, I would stay here again but the food is not the best. We had the Thai food menu on the day we arrived and at the risk of sounding rude, it's probably the worst Thai meal I've had in my life. On the last day, we had the Italian buffet which was OK. Below average I'd say.

The plusses are certainly the rooms, the service was fantastic but the masseurs we had at the spa need to give it a bit more elbow grease - their technique is good but just didn't give it enough strength.

All in all, fantastic place to stay.

1  Thank simonkklee
Reviewed May 31, 2006

My wife and I traveled to Thailand for one month in February. We stayed at an array of hotel classes, I travel religiously for business and stay at many four star plus hotels in North America.

The Mangosteen was exceptional in many ways. We arrived late in the evening from Phuket with Backpacks in tow and our appearance somewhat “traveled”. The staff didn’t seem to mind at all. They were quick to serve us juice, provide towels to clean up with and handled the check in process with pleasure and professionalism. We were shown to our bungalow and were very pleased with what we found.

It was Valentines Day and we were surprised to see that the room was meticulously covered with flowers. They had to be in at least a dozen different places in the room and everywhere throughout the room and the resort. Everything was meticulous and the room was fantastically appointed. The complimentary fresh fruit was popular as was the water bottles.

The bed was comfortable and the size of the shower was great, with the rain shower head and the body shower gel a favorite of my wife. We also enjoyed watching our movies that the front desk would play for us. The exercise facility was clean and you biked with a view of the water and islands…excellent.

The buffet breakfast was excellent, great combination of fresh fruits, omelets, your typical “American” breakfast fare. We did have dinner there twice and really enjoyed the food, it was pricey but expected for a hotel of this caliber.

The island pool was our sanctuary to relax and wind down; we loved the grass center island.

We enjoyed our stay so much that we returned for two nights after a week’s time.

I work for Service Intelligence, a company that does mystery shopping and measures “customer experience”. This establishment exceeded my expectations. My compliments to the staff and management of this resort.
Regards,
nvaid@serviceintelligence.com

• Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank go_flames
Reviewed May 9, 2006

My husband and I stayed in Mangosteen Resort and Spa in February this year for our annual holiday. The hotel looked very beautiful indeed. The staff was helpful. The room was nice although I was a little disappointed as I thought my room would have a jacuzzi. Still I think it's a communication mistake I made with my agent when I booked it.
Anyway our room got a nice view. There's a hammock outside the room but it's just very low, so I could not really use it, or my body would touch the ground! Haha....there's also a bench and something like a table outside our room and it was great, we would just sat there and chatted sometimes and enjoyed the breeze. The resort was much higher up then other hotels in Phuket as it located on a hill.
I was a little disappointed with the breakfast. Not sure if it's to do with the number of customers there at that time, but the choice of food was not much. However, compare to what breakfast hotels would serve here in Europe, Mangosteen could still beat them easily! Tried their lunch in the same restaurant and it was good!
I think it is fair to say this hotel is a 4*+ rather than a 5*. Anyway we had a nice time there. This is not the best hotel I have stayed in Phuket, but would I go back again in the future? I think so as it's one of my husband's favourite hotels!

• Stayed: February 2006
5  Thank tam_tammy
Reviewed April 22, 2006

Me and 5 other persons stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in April 2006, and we had a very nice stay. Great service, smiling and helpful staff, the best breakfast I've ever had in Asia , good food in the restaurant, beautiful rooms with comfortable beds, lovely little details everywhere. The only bad thing - it was a bit far away from everything else (beach, town, other restaurants etc.).
We would love to come back :-)

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank morticia
Reviewed March 27, 2006

Staying here after a 2 week mulit-centre stay in Phuket was fantastic. Echoing other comments, the only thing worth improving on was the food. If they woudl get the chef from Mon Tri's Boathouse, they would have the best resort on the Island. Aside from the restaurant, service was excellent throughout - especially the front desk that was able to handle multiple tasks with amazing efficiency (if only we could take them home to England). The Spa was everything you could expect with very professional service. Definitely not a place to bring children. Please please please get consistency in the food and we will be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank William888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
The Vijitt Resort Phuket
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
COMO Point Yamu
COMO Point Yamu
#1 of 2 in Pa Khlok

Been to Mangosteen Resort & Ayurveda Spa? Share your experiences!