“Crazy Stuff!!”

Phuket Cobra Show and Snake Farm
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Both myself and brother had a great time here. Lots of snakes with a pretty informative little basic tour. The snake show was the biggest part of it all and I even got to go in the ring and have the snakes striking at me! (Non venomous ones though :) )

Will be back in 6 months to take my Partner, definitely worth the money.

Stay away from those ladyboys Johnny!! Haha (staff member)

1  Thank ItsTristan

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I'm afraid of snakes but went because my husband adores them and since its his birthday trip, well safe to said I have paid 500baht to get 30 mins of goosebumps and screams. Kathu Cobra Show is a muslim family owned business and its only 15-20 mins from Patong.

The snake handlers are friendly. The main snake handler brought us around and is very knowledgeable about the snakes he took care. He shown us his injuries inflicted over the years, this man was in coma for months and his recent injuries in Feb 2013 was to remove a huge patch of leg muscles with skin graft on his calf! Man with 9 lives!

They teased the audiences with fake rubber snake and aimed to those who are afraid (like me), even sneaking behind you and poke you with the wooden stick. i thought a cobra was runnng loose! Entertaining and i thought the 500baht price is worth it seeing how dangerous these men have to face everyday.

PS: There is a prayer room at the place for muslims.

1  Thank Cat-in-City
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went here after looking for something to do close to Patong due to the rains. Hats off to these guys they are playing with some serious snakes here. Luckily there were only a few of us here so were treated to a virtual private show. The animals seemed well cared for and the handlers were quite the entertainers. Recommended for getting up close and personal with some of natures nastier creatures and one of my photo's show that what these handlers do is dangerous and risky as he showed us the result of a cobra bite on the leg, an injury that was 6 months old. Recommended for a short visit out of Patong but avoid the Monkey Show across the road if offered.

1  Thank Craig Z
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This was cool. Being Kiwi's this was a great opportunity to get real close to some of the worlds real killers. If snakes are not your thing then give it a miss as im not sure this place is going to change your opinion. The handlers are great and bare the scars of previous mistakes. The handlers are educating as well as performing and have a variety of reptiles and other animals which they were happy to display and chat about. The place is a bit shabby but is more than adequate. A few add ons such as paid photo with the big python but that's Thailand and prices are reasonable anyway, compared to home.

2  Thank madnewburys
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The snake man was very cool to watch, the facility was a little run down but defiantly worth a look our kids enjoyed it and the rest of the things to look at before the show and we got some super photos

1  Thank Melissa B