“Great coffee”

HockHoeLee
Ranked #6 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Rawai
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: HOCKHOELEE Coffee offers finest fresh roasted coffee in Phuket island. We are also the 1st coffee shop opened on island since 1958 ! Try our signature original roasted blend & feel how awesome it is to sip great coffee on this beautiful island !
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We were at the kite school down the road and decided to get breakfast while waiting for the wind to pick up. We love our coffee and rate this place as one of the best in phuket for coffee. The food was also good. The staff were very attentive and our breakfast and drinks came out quickly. The cafe looked similar in style to the coffee club or Gloria jeans in Australia. It was clean and looked new. As with most restaurants in Thailand, an assortment of condiments were brought out with our meals which added to the overall dining experience. We will be back.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Had excellent coffee and smoothie with pancakes today. Lovely relaxed atmosphere.

Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We ordered one hot Latte and one green tea frappe. Total was 210 Baht. I would say it's very so-so. Latte was too bitter / strong while green tea frappe had this jasmine scent, which I didn't like it in frappe (if it's a hot green tea without milk, then that should be ok though).

If you are looking for a good coffee shop, I'd say The Circle coffee boutique in downtown Phuket is much better (and cheaper too!).

ruengrit p, Manager at HockHoeLee, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Hi, Thanks for visiting us!

Two shots 60ml for latte 12Oz may be too stong for some but it is considered average in the area, and especially in Phuket where coffee drinker tourists love it to be. If we had a chance, we would have informed you to select the Arabica 100 blend not the house blend. It's considerable lighter body, little less body while packs with aromatic flavor. From our previous records, Asian customers tends to like it more over the house blend which is popular for westerns, scandinavians, russians.

We welcome every review! Thanks again!
Oh.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I ordered one latte small. That costs 60 baht or $2. Very nice! And coconut mocha was great too. But there is no place to sit. Just few small tables, and we were with my two friends. So 3 persons, but it was already a problem to find a place.

Hello! Thanks for visiting.

It's just some of the time that our store is full-blown pack with customers!

We'll renovate/expand our shop next year. Sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced.

sincere,
Oh

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I'm always in search of great coffee with great breakfast food. I found both at Hock Hoe Lee. I had a well-made Latte with delicious pancakes and bacon. I also thought the customer service was excellent. When I went back a second time to pick up some coffee beans to bring back home, there was a very rude American customer. They had made a minor mistake in his food order and I thought he over-reacted especially when the waitress was laughing at her mistake. I thought the manager who speaks excellent English handled it very well and was still very polite. I would have kicked that customer out! Anyway, I'm enjoying the beans now which make excellent coffee in a French Press.