“Excellent fresh ground coffee”
Review of HockHoeLee

HockHoeLee
Ranked #6 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Rawai
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: HOCKHOELEE Coffee offers finest fresh roasted coffee in Phuket island. We are also the 1st coffee shop opened on island since 1958 ! Try our signature original roasted blend & feel how awesome it is to sip great coffee on this beautiful island !
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Really good Thai coffee blended apparently from beans from the North and South of Thailand. As good, or better than other coffee I have had.

Run by very friendly and helpful guy. I had iced cappuccino and it was really excellent flavour. Much beet in my opinion than from Starbucks.

I saw some reviews here below complaining about poor menu, but it is not a restaurant... its a coffee shop! They offer simple sandwiches and small snacks.

Good value. Will be returning.

2  Thank Peter F

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I write more about places then restruants, however Ive got to say after reading the last trip advisors commits I went looking for the Hock Hoe Lee coffee shop. I can only say that a few days of bad coffee at some of the most expensive hotels/Inn on the Island I was ready to give up coffee for my stay in Phuket. But,,, The Hock Hoe Lee coffee shop is really nice inside, with internet, and the best coffee i ve tasted in Asia. I decided to try the menu for lunch too, and the food (which is not Thai) was really 5 star.. The coffee was also less expensive then my hotel which is close by. If your one of the people that really enjoys coffee ,because lifes to short for bad coffee- Then I would look for this coffee shop on the main road in Rawai beach area near friendship beach.

2  Thank moxiepener
Reviewed January 5, 2012

just a stones throw from my favorite hotel, the Friendship Beach Resort, this little gem has great coffee and a cool atmosphere. friendly staff make it easy to order and its across from a great market a few nights a week. brought home a pound of coffee for a friend and she raved about it. give them some business, they try hard to please.

i checked the box for scenic view even though most may not find this scenic. the cafe is on the main drag in Rawai/Friendship Beach. its scenic for the view of the tuk-tuks that go blazing down the road followed by the scooters with 4 or 5 people on them! more of a people watching view than scenic in a traditional sense.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Coffee good but menu way to small .
very bad location for tourists to walk to .

Reviewed December 28, 2011

I dont drink a lot of coffee but went with my boyfriend.
Its a small cafe with seating inside for about 9 people. outside is a seating area with a few tables.
The staff were very friendly, we took one of the small tables at the far end, Unfortunately because it is so small the conversation from the loud German speaking broken english to a honeymoon couple at the other side of the room was hard to ignore.

I had a cappuccino it was very light and frothy It came with 1 small sugar I have a sweet tooth so asked if i could have more sugar and was given another small sugar, the 2 bags were about a average teaspoon, as I take 2 sugars it still wasnt sweet enough But i drank it anyway.

I ordered a cheese and bacon toastie. the bread was thick and toasted perfectly. the cheese was plentiful, but It had a consistency and taste of processed cheese and had a 1inch cube of streaky bacon in each side of the sandwich. It was a bit pricey not good value for the Baht.

If you like fresh ground coffee then by all means its worth a visit, but for a tasty brunch forget it there are better value places available.