“Damn good Italian pizza”
Review of Modena

Modena
Ranked #77 of 262 Restaurants in Rawai
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed March 18, 2014

After a few beers too many down the road and on the way back we noticed Modena was still open at around 1am. Being a Chef by trade I am VERY particular about my pizza, and after being let down time after time in Phuket trying to find a good a pizza, I was quite reluctant to try here to say the least..... What a fool I would have been to NOT try this place!!!

We had the salami pizza & It was a fantastic pizza! Wonderful Neapolitan crust with just the right amount of chew to crunch ratio and excellent amount of seasoning.

The sauce was a lovely all fresh tomato sauce with out all the herbs, garlic etc that most places over complicate it with... Tomatoes, salt done!

Decent slices of salty salami, with a some nice mozarella on top and some freshly cracked pepper....

The Italian pizza chef then slid it into his fantastic wood fired oven and had it cooked to perfection within 5 minutes... Gotta love a wood fired oven!

At 200 baht, how good it was and the size (it was HUGE)... It was a very good deal! Sooooooooooo good to soak up all the beer!

We enjoyed it so much we went back the next day for the same pizza again, we tried the seafood spaghetti too and were very happy with it... lots of seafood with 2 big tiger prawns. Just a shame it wasn't homemade pasta, if you got a pizza that good you should back it up with fantastic pasta!

Though with that being said it was miles ahead of any Thai/European restaurant we tried that are trying to pass off a sickly sweetened ragu sauce as a good pasta....

I can highly recommend Modena for great authentic Italian pizza!

Keep up the good work!

1  Thank Chef_Kinga

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Fantastic....the food was awesome and i would love to go back there again

God bless the man who make a very yummier pizza ^_^

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This restaurant looks Italian. The menu has Italian food, but I am sorry to say, that is where the similarity ends. I must say, I have only been there one time and it was not a pleasant experience. The "full works" pizza was bland, the service average to non existent and not a welcoming eatery at all.
Maybe it was because I was there at 4pm and not a soul to be seen. After ordering, I had to wait until the "chef" finished his fag out on the street, before he could drag himself back to blandom.
On a happier note... the is a sign half way from Rawai to Kata, on the hill that advertises "Rubber Tree Tapping Show" Now that is a place you MAY have a better time, if you know what I mean. (joking)

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Was surprised by the size of my pizza: it was massive! Taste was average though, no good also not bad, there are nicer places in Rawai for Italian food.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

During the search of a new restaurant, we entered this place surprised about many guests already inside the restaurant. We got a place close to the loud speakers and waited for the menu card. We friendly asked the staff if they could reduce the music level but nothing changed. We continued to wait but no staff payed even attention to us - no question for the drinks and no menu cards! After about 10 minutes, a waitress asked us if we have gotten the menu card. We denied and we got just one greasy menu card. Other guests seemed to have some problems with the staff.
Reflecting the entire treatment, we decided to leave the place. Outside, the chef approached us, stating very angry that we have ordered a pizza. After we asured him in English and Thai that we were not even able to order, he turned around into the restaurant with no words.

1  Thank A und P

Been to Modena? Share your experiences!