“Tasty, Not Fancy”

Rimhad Seafood
Ranked #178 of 268 Restaurants in Rawai
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We ate at this restaurant two times, getting take out on both occasions. Although it looks a little questionable, the barbecue chicken was very good as was the fried rice and Pad Thai.

1  Thank jand872

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Rawai beach has about 10 of these Thai seafood restaurants on the other side of the road on the beach. We walked past these places and especialy Rim had, the one day we did decide to try because it was recomended on trip advisor we where shocked at the days old sea food sitting on the bbq. we just ate Thai fried rice and had some beers and soft drinks. Not a great experiance and not recomended unless you have a cast oron stomach.
please do not look at the kitchen as you are in for a shock.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Another lovely (almost waterside) restaurant in Rawai with outdoor seating under the Casurina trees - unfortunately spoilt by the very poor communication skills of the staff. After making it clear (we thought) that we wanted a mild curry neither my husband nor I could eat our food it was SO UNBELIEVABLY HOT. We don't expect local staff to speak every tourist's language fluently but surely a system of indicating 'spiciness' using pictures - one, two , three or four chillies wouldn't be too hard to incorporate into menus. Other tourists appeared to be enjoying their meals but the service we received (apart from the language issue) was below par - and we didn't return. To be fair, this could be a good restaurant but make sure you get your message across if you don't like it HOT !

Reviewed June 1, 2012

You could forgive it being a bit of a dump - sorry, a 'simple, authentic place', if the food was great and the service good. When you only have four guests for lunch, how hard can it be to remember to bring everything they wanted? I hate having to ask where the missing dish we ordered has got to. 'Oh sorry, we forgot it' is just lame if you ask me. These were the comments: Foreign person: The first Thai dish was excellent, the second bland. Two Thai people: Food average at average price. My fish was OK but I have had better in the area. All-in-all: worth a try, at least it is not a tourist rip-off. If I suggest in three weeks time that we all go there again, what will be the reaction? I suspect it will be, 'Could do, but let's try somewhere else.'

Reviewed March 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I checked the previous reviews and decided to give it a try. The first impression is exactly what other reviews depicted that its a small, simple, and down to the earth family run restaurant. If you wants anything fancy and swanky this is a place a millions miles away from your expectation. However if you are up for adventure for local food in a restaurant local people would go, this is 100% right place to go.

We chose to sit outside on mats and low stable to enjoy our orders. The feeling is very cool and very close to what we want to get in Phuket after sampling a string of luxury restaurants.

In terms of the cookig, it's wonderfully done so that we cannot resist to order more than what we can usually eat.

Dishes recommendations are grilled shrimps, streamed snappers, grilled chicken leg and lobsters. All the dishes are very affordable.

Definitely would return again during our trip.

1  Thank xuke0518