“Good - but not in a hurry to come back”

Rawai Palm Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Rawai
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel is in a lovely, quiet part of Phuket, with good sized and finished rooms (although an odd set up with the bath tub in front of you when you walk in!), well presented gardens, a reasonable choice of food at the breakfast buffet, and easy walking distance to all the other eateries along the beach front.
The couple of things that coloured my experience, and probably just because they happened to me, were that it doesn't say anywhere on their internet site that the furthest rooms are a long way from the front of Reception with a lot of steps to climb. That's okay if you're not carrying heavy dive gear every day but was a bit of a struggle for me with my damaged knee and shoulder. So do ask for a room nearer to the front of the hotel if the steps and distance will also cause you problems.
And I had a poor experience with the lady on duty (Da?) handling taxi and trip bookings. She had a friend in jeans sitting in front of the desk who looked like a guest / customer. So I stood waiting for ages to book a cab. When the friend finally asked me if I needed something, I suggested perhaps her sitting there was a bit confusing for people waiting and perhaps she could move. She stayed sitting there and they just laughed at me!!
It's the small things that leave the best, or not so good, impression, isn't it?

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We have been in this hotel by end of the year for 7 days. The room was very dirty, a lot of hairs and small garbages on the floor. The towels and sheets are very old and have unpleasant smell. We have complained for four times but no results. At second complain we have asked for manager on duty but the stuff at reception said that is not in the office and they took the complain. So happened also at next complaints. We gave up. We have complained also to Tui reisen representative but nothing happened although they are selling this hotel at very high price. The representative is on same side as hotel. You may see also the hotel's walking area. Very dirty and a lot of garbages all arround. The hotel's managament is very bad and disorganised. They do not know what is their job.
The hotel, facilities and rooms are nice but as said before to unclean. The stuff is very nice although they do not speak English a lot. The waiters are disorganised and confused. You are lucky if you get all what you have ordered. The food os noz OK. Same as at reception. You can not communicate a lot. Like they said "managaer on duty is not in the office". The English is poor. As I said before management does not know their job at all.
The hotel is overpriced and not worth what we paid.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LobbyTravel
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The entrance is gorgeous and the service was wonderful. The rooms were also very nice - with lovely Thai woodwork. We had a room with a balcony facing the pools, which were all lovely (one simulated beach for kiddies). Still, it was hard to ignore that we were basically in several long pools overlooked by hundreds of rooms - felt a bit motel like. But, everything else makes up for it. Also, a couple of minutes walk away from the best massage place we went to in Phuket: Sabai!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed in pool access room, worth every penny spent. U get ur own pool space at a min cost. Quite big pool area, nice landscape of pool and hotel grounds. Room is big and clean. Yes when u enter the room u are greeted by the big bath tub but I dun see it an issue. In fact, I'd rather dip in my pool area than in the bath tub. Location so so, nothing much arnd hotel except for massage right opp. I'd take the effort to either walk 20mins to gypsy village or 5mins ride for cheap n good seafood meal. Overall if I plan to be in rawai, I'll definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Pool access room on grnd floor. U Wun regret it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miao41
Reviewed December 1, 2013

What a nice place. Not in Patong with all the crazy people but you can hire a nice scotter and get around phuket with no problems. My favorate place to eat was on the main road by the ocean and you could get a nice crab meal for about $4 AUD. I'm going back again 2014 but am going to try patong this time with all the crazy people. I love Phuket.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jasmine P
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked a deluxe room overlooking the swimming pool as we thought that being a new hotel the facilities would be good and at least it would be clean but alas no. We arrived late from Singapore and after checking in was shown to a room on the fifth floor. One hotel staff helped us with our bags as there seemed to be no ramps to roll our cases up the steps so instead the poor man had to lift 2 great big heavy bags up about 2 sets of steps. Once in the room we were confronted with a bath tub upon opening the door! Apart from this the room was really musty smelling as if no one had been in for weeks. As we were so tired we just went to bed. In the morning I felt really unclean and an inspection of the sheets found them to be full of stains, I was disgusted and my husband and I decided to leave and to get our money back. They tried to offer us a better room but I just didn't want to stay any longer, so they charged us an extra night and returned our money.
I expected more from this hotel as I own a villa opposite ( being rented out) and saw the construction of the hotel and thought that at last we might have a decent hotel in Rawai, I was wrong. Although the staff were lovely and didn't give me any problems when I told them that I wasn't happy and wanted to leave. We rented a lovely 2 bedroom villa in Rawai Villas instead and had a fabulous rest of a holiday!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zung T
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with the wife , clean room and nice pool . In walking distance to some great restaurants . Shutle bus to the beach . Three star place .
One draw back is that there are coach loads of people staying here .

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
Navatara Phuket Resort
The Windmill Phuket Hotel
Chanalai Garden Resort
Chanalai Garden Resort
#9 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to Rawai Palm Beach Resort? Share your experiences!