This hotel is in a lovely, quiet part of Phuket, with good sized and finished rooms (although an odd set up with the bath tub in front of you when you walk in!), well presented gardens, a reasonable choice of food at the breakfast buffet, and easy walking distance to all the other eateries along the beach front.
The couple of things that coloured my experience, and probably just because they happened to me, were that it doesn't say anywhere on their internet site that the furthest rooms are a long way from the front of Reception with a lot of steps to climb. That's okay if you're not carrying heavy dive gear every day but was a bit of a struggle for me with my damaged knee and shoulder. So do ask for a room nearer to the front of the hotel if the steps and distance will also cause you problems.
And I had a poor experience with the lady on duty (Da?) handling taxi and trip bookings. She had a friend in jeans sitting in front of the desk who looked like a guest / customer. So I stood waiting for ages to book a cab. When the friend finally asked me if I needed something, I suggested perhaps her sitting there was a bit confusing for people waiting and perhaps she could move. She stayed sitting there and they just laughed at me!!
It's the small things that leave the best, or not so good, impression, isn't it?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort is situated in a tranquil south west coast of Phuket- Rawai Beach. A four star resort featuring exquisite contemporary Thai decor and luxurious accommodation. Resort harmoniously surrounded by a selected enviropment & tranquil tropical garden. A short walking distance 200 meters from Rawai Beach, 5 minutes drives from Promthep Cape and 50 minutes from Phuket International Airport. Resort features a full service spa, 2 restaurant and 3 tier large free form swimming pool with pool up bar, a well-equipped fitness centre and beatiful landscape. Resort consists of 196 guest rooms. each spacious guestroom is elegantly decorated and furnished with high standard amenities, private balconies, ample seating area and luxurious bathrooms, designed for a relaxing and luxurious retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rawai Palm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rawai Palm Beach Hotel Rawai
- Rawai Palm Beach Resort Phuket