“Andy's scuba diving in Rawai (Phuket)”

Andys Scuba Diving Phuket
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Rawai
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy private tuition or guiding on your Phuket scuba diving experience with a professional, fun and friendly service. We are the original and only Phuket PADI dive centre to specialise in private scuba diving guiding or tuition at no extra cost. Whether you are brand new to scuba or looking to enhance your experience and certifications, we provide you with personal, professional service at all times. Scuba Diving is a passion for Andy and our team.... not just a job, and we aim to give you the best possible experience while scuba diving Phuket. You don't need to be staying in Rawai or Nai Harn to dive with us - we pick you up for free from Patong, Kata, Karon and Chalong areas too! We offer competitive prices on diving day trips and PADI courses, plus you get a great discount on all our Similans, Burma, Hin Daeng and Phi Phi liveaboard trips. And no credit card payment fee. We look forward to meeting you for a fun and exciting time!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hong Kong, China
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Andy's scuba diving in Rawai (Phuket)”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

What can I say ?

If you are looking for a standard generally lightly informed dive master who will just go through the motions with you then Andy is certainly NOT the guy for you. He is passionate, caring, attentive and truly engrossed in what he does and he will ensure you have the best experience diving in Phuket with him.

I completed my AOW and Nitrox deep diving with Andy over the past 3 days. Never have I dived with a more informed instructor. In fact many of the other instructors would either try and follow him or ask him where to go he knows the sites that well.

He becomes more than just an instructor and becomes a friend. In fact I live in Hong Kong and have invited him and his fiancée up to see me next year. Hopefully I can repay the attention he gave to me and our dives.

Also don't miss out on the photos / videos that he produces. They are not free but worth every baht !!! In fact again some of the other customers were actually offering him money for some of the shots they were so good - he could almost be professional photographer aswell as a dive instructor.

I look forward to my next trip to Phuket diving where hopefully I will go away for 5 days with Andy on a live aboard.

Cheers for the amazing experience Andy and see you soon.

Roy.

Visited November 2013
andyscubadiving, Owner at Andys Scuba Diving Phuket, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Hey Roy.

What can I say what a fantastic 3 days of diving for me as well completing your Advanced and Nitrox. Was great to spend time with you not only underwater but on the boat as well. I am so glad that you enjoyed the photos and videos am looking forward to taking more when we go to the similans on a liveaboard next time. Both Sally and myself are looking forward to coming to Hong Kong for some great fun with you. See you soon for more great fun

• Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic experience! Amazing viewing”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Thanks to Matt for his attentive guidance on our first ever Scuba dive. Matt was extremely professional and diligent and very friendly. We also met Andy (thanks for the ride back to our hotel too!) on the Boat. At all times we felt comfortable and relaxed with Matt and Andy. The sealife viewing was incredible! It was just my wife and I with Matt - a very personalised service for the Discovery tour - 3 dives in the one trip.

Hey Clinton

I am so Glad that you and Nichola had fantastic time with Matt for the day and was good for me to meet you guys on the boat as well. It was my pleasure to give you guys a lift back to the hotel. We always run 1 to 1 or if you are a couple of 3 people to your instructor. We never put people who do not know each other together as we like to run a personally days diving for you guys. looking forward to you returning
Toronto, Canada
“It was simply amazing!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Easily the best experience I've ever had. I took the PADI Discover Scuba Diving course which was a 1 day program. My wife and I were picked up from our hotel at Karon beach on time and dropped off at the pier where we boarded a two decker dive boat. We met our instructor Todd and he made us feel comfortable right from the beginning. Throughout the trip, he was fantastic and I couldn't have felt more safe having him as my guide for my first scuba diving experience. Andy also took the time before we arrived at the first dive site to explain the possible marine life we would be encountering. To have that knowledge before seeing it with your own eyes definitely made a difference. The dives were absolutely breathtaking. They definitely opened up my eyes to a whole new world and I look forward to going back again hopefully soon!

hey Robert

it was great to see you guys underwater and fantastic to chat to you, also so glad that you had a fantastic time with Todd. Congrats on both completing your Discover Scuba Dive Programme now you guys can go on and complete your Open Water Courses, see you back soon
Alberta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Perhaps the best vacation I will ever have.”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We completed our AOW and Nitrox courses with Andy as well as going on some 'fun' dives over the course of 5 days and 15 dives. Every dives was incredible; Andy has been diving the same sites for several years and seems to know where all the cool stuff lives and will take you to see them all.

Over the course of our time together we saw tiger tailed seahorses, nudibranches, durban dancer shrimps, coral banded cleaner shrimps, anenome crabs, tuna, trumpetfish, giant morays, common porcupinefish, giant puffers, lionfish, chevron and great barracuda's, kuhl's stingray's, titan and orangelined triggerfish, scribbled filefish, brown marbled groupers, blue ringed angelfish, skunk and false clownfish, clarks anenome's and lots more.

There are over a hundred dive shops in Phuket, but none can offer you a better day (or week) of diving. If you're in the market for a DM, save some time and book with Andy. You will absolutely love the time you spend with him, both below and above the water.

Hey Dennis

First it was a honour Linda, Hayden and yourself cam diving with us and and myself personally. It was great to Certify you guys Advanced and Nitrox for the week and the highlight for me was being able to take you on your 100th dive big plus. Thank you for the great comments that this perhaps the best vacation and was great to have dinner and spend some time out of the water with you guys. Can not wait for you guys to return and do some more courses and diving together
Tacoma, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great diving, gives you way more than it costs”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

If you want to go diving with someone who truly loves what he does and who loves sharing that with others, then pick Andy. He really knows what's out there to see and just where to look to find it. If I get the opportunity to go diving in Phuket again I would most certainly choose him. It's more than worth the price!!!
Sig Nottingham
Puyallup, Washington. USA.

1 Thank DrSig2013
Hey Sig

It was a pleasure to take you and Cathy from watching you guys complete your Open Water Courses and Nitrox to being great divers and having fun. It was also so good that Sally and myself could join you for dinner as well. Looking forward too you coming back so as to do your Advanced course next